Pro-life or Pro-choice

WizardofOz

If an individual is opposed to abortion being an option in all scenarios except for rape or incest or incest rape, is that individual pro-life or pro-choice?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
If an individual is opposed to abortion being an option in all scenarios except for rape or incest or incest rape, is that individual pro-life or pro-choice?
Pro-choice, but in the narrowest sense, I suppose. It would be harder if their exception was the rarest potential exercise, mortal jeopardy for the mother/medical necessity. In that case you can argue self-defense and against the loss of both lives, which would be the case if the baby couldn't be separated and the mother couldn't continue.

I can't. I'm blue :(
Great. Now I've got that tune in my noggin for a bit. :mmph:

glassjester

Pro-choice.

Either the abortion is the taking of a human life, or it isn't.

The comedian, Louis C.K. said it crassly, though memorably: “I think abortion is exactly like taking a s***. I think it is 100% the exact same thing as taking a s***. Or it isn’t. It is, or it isn’t. It’s either taking a s***, or it’s killing a baby. It’s only one of those two things. It’s no other things.”

So is why do you think it shouldn't be allowed, except in cases of rape or incest?

WizardofOz

[MENTION=16629]patrick jane[/MENTION] (choice for incest rape) and Donald Trump (rape, incest and life of mother) are looking pro-choice to me. :idunno:

WizardofOz

Oh, I misunderstood. I got the wrong impression from the OP.

It was from another thread where [MENTION=16629]patrick jane[/MENTION] asserted that he and Trump were both pro-life despite Trump:
He would allow exceptions for rape, incest and if the Mother's life is in danger, iow, medical reasons.
and patrick jane:
Do you feel that abortion should be legal in cases of incest?
If it was rape

both being OK with choice under circumstances outlined in the OP. I was simply explaining how if you are for choice in certain situations then you are pro-choice. I figured it did not need to be said but some people lie to themselves.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Pro-choice, literally. But in common conservation it sort of distorts the matter.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

They are pro-abortion if they support pro-abortion politicians like Obama, the Clintons, or any modern (all) Democrat and most Republicans.