ECT Primary Hope?

Jamie Gigliotti

What is your primary source of Hope? The Holy Spirit's presence and His love, joy and peace now; or the hope of being saved from fires of Hell?

Honestly I don't even think about the future much. He gives me all the hope I need right now.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
What is your primary source of Hope? The Holy Spirit's presence and His love, joy and peace now; or the hope of being saved from fires of Hell?

Honestly I don't even think about the future much. He gives me all the hope I need right now.

My primary source of hope is Christ and what God did for us all. My hope is not of this world but being with the Lord after this life and this world.

Hebrews 11:1 KJV

Job 6:8 KJV - Job 11:18-19 KJV -

Isaiah 40:31 KJV - Psalm 147:11 KJV -

Jamie Gigliotti

My primary source of hope is Christ and what God did for us all. My hope is not of this world but being with the Lord after this life and this world.

Hebrews 11:1 KJV

Job 6:8 KJV - Job 11:18-19 KJV -

Isaiah 40:31 KJV - Psalm 147:11 KJV -

Have you felt His Spiritual presence? His love, His joy, His peace. Beyond thoughts?

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Worldly hope expresses our personal desires for the future. We have hope concerning things that are uncertain. We don't know if our desires will come to pass, but we hold out hope that they will.

When Scripture speaks of hope, however, something very different is in view. Biblical hope is a firm conviction that the future promises of God will be fulfilled. Hope is not mere wish projection, but an assurance of what will come to pass. "This hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and steadfast, and which enters the Presence behind the veil" (Hebrews 6:19).

Paul reminds believers that until the kingdom comes in its fullness, believers can only have an assured hope; they must "walk by faith, not by sight" (2 Corinthians 5:7). This hope is neither unfounded nor groundless. Though the earthly life of the Christian is marked more by suffering than triumph (1 Corinthians 4:8-13; 2 Corinthians 4:7-18), the foundation for hope is in the Godhead. In our walk of faith, God never promised us a calm voyage, only a safe landing.

Throughout the New Testament hope means a confident expectation of future good, presently seen only by faith (Rom. 8: 18-25, Heb. 11: 1). Here, the believer’s confidence is rooted in an objective fact, namely, that the future good in store has been promised to them by an omnipotent, covenant-keeping God who is always true to his word. As Paul put it, the saints enjoy a hope of eternal life which God, who cannot lie, promised long ages ago; and which even now He has made manifest by sending Christ into the world with the Good News of the Gospel (Titus 1: 2-3, Heb. 6: 17-20).

Key take-aways:
1. Biblical hope is a matter of assurance rather than wishing.
2. Hope is a virtue, not a weakness.
3. Faith is trust in what God has already done. Hope is trust in what God promises for the future.
4. The resurrection of Christ gives us hope in the midst of suffering.

AMR

Jamie Gigliotti

Worldly hope expresses our personal desires for the future. We have hope concerning things that are uncertain. We don't know if our desires will come to pass, but we hold out hope that they will.

When Scripture speaks of hope, however, something very different is in view. Biblical hope is a firm conviction that the future promises of God will be fulfilled. Hope is not mere wish projection, but an assurance of what will come to pass. "This hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and steadfast, and which enters the Presence behind the veil" (Hebrews 6:19).

Paul reminds believers that until the kingdom comes in its fullness, believers can only have an assured hope; they must "walk by faith, not by sight" (2 Corinthians 5:7). This hope is neither unfounded nor groundless. Though the earthly life of the Christian is marked more by suffering than triumph (1 Corinthians 4:8-13; 2 Corinthians 4:7-18), the foundation for hope is in the Godhead. In our walk of faith, God never promised us a calm voyage, only a safe landing.

Throughout the New Testament hope means a confident expectation of future good, presently seen only by faith (Rom. 8: 18-25, Heb. 11: 1). Here, the believer’s confidence is rooted in an objective fact, namely, that the future good in store has been promised to them by an omnipotent, covenant-keeping God who is always true to his word. As Paul put it, the saints enjoy a hope of eternal life which God, who cannot lie, promised long ages ago; and which even now He has made manifest by sending Christ into the world with the Good News of the Gospel (Titus 1: 2-3, Heb. 6: 17-20).

Key take-aways:
1. Biblical hope is a matter of assurance rather than wishing.
2. Hope is a virtue, not a weakness.
3. Faith is trust in what God has already done. Hope is trust in what God promises for the future.
4. The resurrection of Christ gives us hope in the midst of suffering.

AMR
And the question stands: does what Jesus promise to give us provide our primary hope, or is it He himself, His presence now that gives us hope, for the future? Essentially is our optimism for the future derived from His presence now, or from what we want from Him in the future?

Jamie Gigliotti

Asked and answered in my post, no?
In particular, see the key take-aways.

AMR

Spiritual question really... Yours seems to be more from the promises, than the promise giver. In my experience with Him AMR, He himself now, His very real, experiencable presence gives much more hope than the promises do without His presence.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Spiritual question really... Yours seems to be more from the promises, than the promise giver. In my experience with Him AMR, He himself now, His very real, experiencable presence gives much more hope than the promises do without His presence.

This board members mainly concentrate around their position derived from verses, rather than from hearing personally from the Lord and living in His Presence.

Anyone who does hear from the Lord is regarded as a deceiver and ought to be fought against or their own confidence in their position fails.

LA

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
This board members mainly concentrate around their position derived from verses, rather than from hearing personally from the Lord and living in His Presence.

Anyone who does hear from the Lord is regarded as a deceiver and ought to be fought against or their own confidence in their position fails.

LA

Do you hear the "Audible" voice of the Lord? If your answer is yes, than
I have a problem believing you.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Absent the assurance we have of what is to come, experiential faith is an empty vessel. Assurance grounds the walk of faith. The walk of faith is but an evidence of the assurance. The two are inseparable, but never let the experiential become the ground of hope. This ultimately ends up with churches burning the lights each night, happy-clappy, singing about Mama's favorite rocking chair, etc., and folks so full of spiritual stagnation that they are about to pop like a toad; all the while the world around them is going to hell in a handbasket.

Moreover, the experiential primacy focus leads to despair even in the best of us. If one is not "slain in the Spirit" each and every day, one starts to wonder about one's faith. We are a fickle, stiff-necked lot. Too much manna leads us to making idols in the ever-present idol factories of our minds.

AMR

Jamie Gigliotti

Absent the assurance we have of what is to come, experiential faith is an empty vessel. Assurance grounds the walk of faith. The walk of faith is but an evidence of the assurance. The two are inseparable, but never let the experiential become the ground of hope. This ultimately ends up with churches burning the lights each night, happy-clappy, singing about Mama's favorite rocking chair, etc., and folks so full of spiritual stagnation that they are about to pop like a toad; all the while the world around them is going to hell in a handbasket.

Moreover, the experiential primacy focus leads to despair even in the best of us. If one is not "slain in the Spirit" each and every day, one starts to wonder about one's faith. We are a fickle, stiff-necked lot. Too much manna leads us to making idols in the ever-present idol factories of our minds.

AMR

Is 'experiential faith' what you call this?
'"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self control; against such things there is no law....If we live by the Spirit let us also walk by the Spirit." Galatians 5:23, 25

He is never far... He wants us to desire Him. Honestly, I used to shy away from Him, intimacy issues I guess, but nothing can compare to intimacy with God. Our Father, our Lord, the Holy Spirit...

AMR crave Spiritual Milk... Seek it! You will be as addicted as a newborn baby...

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Act 28:20 For this cause therefore have I called for you, to see you, and to speak with you: because that for the hope of Israel I am bound with this chain.

Looks like Pauls hope and Israels hope is the same.

Could it be that the Israel of the Bible are the believers in Christ from all nations?

Oh my.

LA