Prescription For Trouble

PureX

Lovejoy said:
You know, somehow everyone should have access to the healthcare that they need, while still allowing a professional healthcare provider to practice within their conscience. Any suggestions?
I think people who want to make a carreer of serving others, as in the health care industry, should be willing to set asside their own opinions in the service of others. If they can't do that, then they should find another carreer.

The job expectations of a pharmacist have been clearly established. If one does not wish to do that job for personal reasons, then they shouldn't call themselves pharmacists and seek employment in pharmacies. Taking responsibility for your own beliefs doesn't mean making everyone else comply with them.

firechyld

Lovejoy: That's some nice reacting to the suggestion that you may be wrong with dignity, fact checking and intelligence. Way to make the rest of us look bad! :)

Pepper

Lovejoy said:
You know, somehow everyone should have access to the healthcare that they need, while still allowing a professional healthcare provider to practice within their conscience. Any suggestions?

It is a tough issue, that I will admit. Maybe they should set up a system where you get certain drugs directly from the doctor rather than going to the doctor and then through a pharmacist, at least as far as the plan B type drugs go. When it comes to standard birth control pills, I don't think that those should even fall into the type of drug the pharmacists can refuse, as so many people take those for things other than just birth control, I began taking it for medical reasons aside from birth control and if a pharmacist were to refuse me that, I would be pretty upset. But as far as the more questionable things go, I think they should come directly from the doctor who choses to prescribe the drug, then the pharmacist doesn't even need to become involved.

Lovejoy

It is amazing how productive a conversation can become when those involved are willing to be honest. I will continue this conversation later, as right now I am still in a bit of pain (my root canal did not go well) and quite fuzzy. I think I will stick to spam for the moment! Thank you all, though.