ECT Power: How Acts 1 answers the kingdom of Israel question

Interplanner

Heb 10:12-13 (AKJV/PCE)
(10:12) But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God; (10:13) From henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his footstool.

No need for the colors and lighting effects, just try to say something. So now, when the atonement has clearly been made, the problem is the enemies under his feet (or lack of). That's the thing about literalism, it always has something else to divert to...

I suppose there is some great symbolism you are going to explain now, how when the priest comes out the 2nd time, a war is over and enemies of Israel were magically stopped at that moment or something. Needless to say, it's a little bit forced and ridiculous.

[off to work, darn]

Right Divider

Body part
No need for the colors and lighting effects, just try to say something.
I wanted to make sure that you see it, because you clearly do not understand the Bible.

So now, when the atonement has clearly been made, the problem is the enemies under his feet (or lack of). That's the thing about literalism, it always has something else to divert to...
Yes, diverting to the TRUTH (from your ridiculous lies).

Your anti-literal, everything has to be "spiritual" nonsense is what gets you into so much utter confusion.

I suppose there is some great symbolism you are going to explain now, how when the priest comes out the 2nd time, a war is over and enemies of Israel were magically stopped at that moment or something. Needless to say, it's a little bit forced and ridiculous.
Actually it fits perfectly with the ENTIRE Bible.

Matt 22:41-46 (AKJV/PCE)
(22:41) ¶ While the Pharisees were gathered together, Jesus asked them, (22:42) Saying, What think ye of Christ? whose son is he? They say unto him, [The Son] of David. (22:43) He saith unto them, How then doth David in spirit call him Lord, saying, (22:44) The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool? (22:45) If David then call him Lord, how is he his son? (22:46) And no man was able to answer him a word, neither durst any [man] from that day forth ask him any more [questions].

Ps 110:1-7 (AKJV/PCE)
(110:1) A Psalm of David. The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool. (110:2) The LORD shall send the rod of thy strength out of Zion: rule thou in the midst of thine enemies. (110:3) Thy people [shall be] willing in the day of thy power, in the beauties of holiness from the womb of the morning: thou hast the dew of thy youth. (110:4) The LORD hath sworn, and will not repent, Thou [art] a priest for ever after the order of Melchizedek. (110:5) The Lord at thy right hand shall strike through kings in the day of his wrath. (110:6) He shall judge among the heathen, he shall fill [the places] with the dead bodies; he shall wound the heads over many countries. (110:7) He shall drink of the brook in the way: therefore shall he lift up the head.

It's ALL in there, you just don't believe it.

[off to work, darn]
Good for us. We call it a lie break.

Interplanner

I wanted to make sure that you see it, because you clearly do not understand the Bible.

Yes, diverting to the TRUTH (from your ridiculous lies).

Your anti-literal, everything has to be "spiritual" nonsense is what gets you into so much utter confusion.

Actually it fits perfectly with the ENTIRE Bible.

Matt 22:41-46 (AKJV/PCE)
(22:41) ¶ While the Pharisees were gathered together, Jesus asked them, (22:42) Saying, What think ye of Christ? whose son is he? They say unto him, [The Son] of David. (22:43) He saith unto them, How then doth David in spirit call him Lord, saying, (22:44) The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool? (22:45) If David then call him Lord, how is he his son? (22:46) And no man was able to answer him a word, neither durst any [man] from that day forth ask him any more [questions].

Ps 110:1-7 (AKJV/PCE)
(110:1) A Psalm of David. The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool. (110:2) The LORD shall send the rod of thy strength out of Zion: rule thou in the midst of thine enemies. (110:3) Thy people [shall be] willing in the day of thy power, in the beauties of holiness from the womb of the morning: thou hast the dew of thy youth. (110:4) The LORD hath sworn, and will not repent, Thou [art] a priest for ever after the order of Melchizedek. (110:5) The Lord at thy right hand shall strike through kings in the day of his wrath. (110:6) He shall judge among the heathen, he shall fill [the places] with the dead bodies; he shall wound the heads over many countries. (110:7) He shall drink of the brook in the way: therefore shall he lift up the head.

It's ALL in there, you just don't believe it.

Good for us. We call it a lie break.

RD, this question started with: where is the atonement fulfilled? It is now proof texts about the enemies of Christ being under his feet, with no connection on these passages you just quoted to the atonement. Do you wonder why I find you irrational?

I think what you are doing is thinking the enemies under his feet are Israel's enemies in a geopolitical situation yet to be played out. They are not. It is the whole unbelieving world, however, there was a substantial victory you seemed to have missed found in Eph 4 about 'captivity captive and in Col 2:15's taking all power and authority captive in a processional.

I'm so sorry for you, you'll have to read the whole chapters to appreciate it! I know that's a burden you nor your forefathers could bear, but give it spin, OK?

But whatever victory that was, Hebrews still says we don't see all things subjected to him as they will be in the NHNE, because his enemies simply will not be there.

Right Divider

Body part
RD, this question started with: where is the atonement fulfilled? It is now proof texts about the enemies of Christ being under his feet, with no connection on these passages you just quoted to the atonement. Do you wonder why I find you irrational?
I didn't see you mention the atonement in the OP.

I'm pointing out that YOUR version of the book to the HEBREWS does not match reality.

I think what you are doing is thinking the enemies under his feet are Israel's enemies in a geopolitical situation yet to be played out. They are not. It is the whole unbelieving world, however, there was a substantial victory you seemed to have missed found in Eph 4 about 'captivity captive and in Col 2:15's taking all power and authority captive in a processional.
I didn't miss a thing. But I know that Christ's kingdom (the one He preached about in Matt 6, for example) will be on the earth and not some mystical "spiritual" kingdom.

I'm so sorry for you, you'll have to read the whole chapters to appreciate it! I know that's a burden you nor your forefathers could bear, but give it spin, OK?
Ha ha ha ha, you even use out of context scripture to try to mock people.... That's hilarious.

But whatever victory that was, Hebrews still says we don't see all things subjected to him as they will be in the NHNE, because his enemies simply will not be there.
Your timeline is WAY off.... as is most everything you say.

SaulToPaul 2

Actually, the problem is you don't read Heb 10:1-18, esp v12, which says everything is done. Nice try. This completed work is also said to be the fulfilled covenant of Jer 31, already done, already fulfilled, praise God!

So I feel bad for all those deprived by 2P2P of what they have in Christ.

Acts 3:19-21 (KJV)

Become a Bible believer.

Danoh

As shown elsewhere the meaning there is that the sending is his being with Israel in its mission in the Gospel; he is its glory. It is not 2nd coming. The warning from Deut is 1st coming as well.

Where on Earth do you get this fool notion of yours that Acts 3:20 was NOT referring to a time future to when Peter is describing it.

Acts 3:20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:

Acts 3:23 And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people.

What that is is this, you incompetent...

1 Peter 1:7 That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:

1:13 Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;

1 Peter 4:12 Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you: 4:13 But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.

Interplanner

It truly seems like one of those passages where theology systems need to keep their hands off. The real interp is what happened as the days went by.

Danoh

It truly seems like one of those passages where theology systems need to keep their hands off. The real interp is what happened as the days went by.

Yeah, they all repented and God sent them Jesus.

Yeah, ok "Partial" Preterist "hiss-torian" :chuckle: