Silver Subscriber
that is not true
and
wonder how you come up with this stuff

I have real people riding on the first three horses
constantine
mohammed
marx

All of them driven, all of them subjugators, all of them enforcers of their will and their philoshphies upon the masses.

I say their philosophies came from the devil.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
No one can serve two masters...ye cannot serve both God and Mammon.
I like the SV translation of this: "You cannot be enslaved by both God and a bank account."

You tell me who the average Joe is serving as first importance....you poor, you gotta serve, the poorer you are the harder and longer you gotta serve.
I don't know where to go right now to find the statistics you would accept about "the average Joe."

I try to keep the discussion toward what Jesus taught.

No...poverty has a beginning and a root cause. Adam and Eve lived in a garden of great beauty and abundance...THAT is God's will for mankind.
Some of that poverty was due to God's destruction of his (actually Israel's) "enemies." It takes a long time for anyone to recover from a disaster, and it leaves many average Joes struggling in poverty for the first time.

When he sinned he was thrust out of the garden, the ground was cursed for his sake. THAT is where poverty began.
I understand your personal theology. I, like everyone else, have my own interpretation.

Lately I have been interested in what Cain and Abel can tell me about the prehistoric history of Israel. The test says that Abel works with livestock and Cain with agriculture. Does their family conflict have anything to do with how such activities were regarded in ancient times?

Have you heard of any interpretations like this from anthropologists who are students of the Bible?

I remember once Christian myth in medieval times where Cain arrives at the Moon, where he eternally settled with a bundle of twigs. It was this religious idea that gave us the idea of "the Man in the Moon." A face seen by humans interpreting God's creation.

Bradley D

Hi Brad.

Yes all around is people...poverty

Once all around were sinners...was that God's will? is it God's will that there are still so many sinners all around? what is going to save them?

What saved the prodigal son? what was it that finally brought him to his senses? was it not his poverty? was it not his rememberance of his Father's great wealth and His great kindness even to servants?

You see now, if you ever stand up to preach to a crowd...they may all be sinners...you are preaching they can be made righteous...do YOU make them righteous? can YOU born them again?

How utterly impossible a thing preaching is, Paul calls it foolishness.

We do it in the hope and knowledge that God will back us up, what we declare in His name He will make good.

It is the same "hopeless, foolish" task to stand before people in rags and preach God's abundant provision.

Paul believed in preaching the gospel/good news. The word preach in Greek euaggelizó means "I bring good news, preach good tidings." I believe the effective preaching is that the one speaking shares about themselves. What life was like before, what happened, and how life living the gospel is for them today.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Paul believed in preaching the gospel/good news. The word preach in Greek euaggelizó means "I bring good news, preach good tidings." I believe the effective preaching is that the one speaking shares about themselves. What life was like before, what happened, and how life living the gospel is for them today.

Yes personal testimony is precious and effective but it is not the good news proclamation which has precedence...simply announcing the facts.

What precious testimonies my dear Brad those first generation disciples had, how many turned to the Lord when they heard the testimony of Dorcas who Peter raised from the dead...the whole region round about turned to the Lord.

Don't you believe that Chicago would have been shaken to the core with many turning to the Lord if such a testimony were told there?

I know whole townships, villages in Africa have turned to the Lord since the Pentecostal message has been preached there.

In China the house churches are entirely Pentecostal and whole provinces have been swept in...there are more born again Christians in China today than there are in N. America.

Is it durable? some of those pastors and evangelists have endured labour camps and cruelty for more than 20 years.

And of course now that there is a church in China, Africa...those nations are beginning to prosper.

It is the western church which sleeps

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Poverty is also people.

Yes poverty is caused by people, there is enough and more than enough to go round. The present world poverty is caused by trade agreements between the powerful nations, post imperial politics.

But these people are driven, don't you know that they could not be in the positions of power they are in unless they had completely sold their souls...to who?

I believe men reach their place of power [in the world] by the active help of the devil.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Yes poverty is caused by people, there is enough and more than enough to go round. The present world poverty is caused by trade agreements between the powerful nations, post imperial politics.

But these people are driven, don't you know that they could not be in the positions of power they are in unless they had completely sold their souls...to who?

I believe men reach their place of power [in the world] by the active help of the devil.
Of all the subjects Jesus address, poverty and income inequality were foremost.

The Roman Empire's economy totally dislocated the culture in Jesus's day.

Archeologists recently found the evidence of fish processing plants near the Sea of Galilee.

...No wonder the "small business" fisherman went to follow Jesus.
There was no use in being exploited by the system and prevented from earning a living....

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
If it is the "devil" which turns us from empathy with the less fortunate and makes us enslaved to a bank account (Jesus called it "mammon") then I agree in that these are actions that turn our faces from God.

Bradley D

Yes personal testimony is precious and effective but it is not the good news proclamation which has precedence...simply announcing the facts.

What precious testimonies my dear Brad those first generation disciples had, how many turned to the Lord when they heard the testimony of Dorcas who Peter raised from the dead...the whole region round about turned to the Lord.

Don't you believe that Chicago would have been shaken to the core with many turning to the Lord if such a testimony were told there?

I know whole townships, villages in Africa have turned to the Lord since the Pentecostal message has been preached there.

In China the house churches are entirely Pentecostal and whole provinces have been swept in...there are more born again Christians in China today than there are in N. America.

Is it durable? some of those pastors and evangelists have endured labour camps and cruelty for more than 20 years.

And of course now that there is a church in China, Africa...those nations are beginning to prosper.

It is the western church which sleeps

I believe it depends on the soil of the heart (Matthew 13:1-23). I believe those who are more desperate/thirsty are more willing to listen. In more developed countries money/things blinds and deafens people.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I believe it depends on the soil of the heart (Matthew 13:1-23). I believe those who are more desperate/thirsty are more willing to listen. In more developed countries money/things blinds and deafens people.

Yes.

Pro 19:1 Better is the poor that walketh in his integrity, than he that is perverse in his lips, and is a fool.

Pro 30:14 There is a generation, whose teeth are as swords, and their jaw teeth as knives, to devour the poor from off the earth, and the needy from among men.

Psa 37:14 The wicked have drawn out the sword, and have bent their bow, to cast down the poor and needy, and to slay such as be of upright conversation.
Psa 37:15 Their sword shall enter into their own heart, and their bows shall be broken.
Psa 37:16 A little that a righteous man hath is better than the riches of many wicked.

LA

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber

God's word comes with great POWER when it is addressed to people in need...the reason westerners do not care about poverty is because they are rich, they HAVE an abundant life...those who are well need not the physician.

But this to be HARD hearted toward the nations of the world where the people drag in the dirt and babies starve to death with flies in their eyes.

A reckoning is coming upon the west because of this, yes upon the western church.

The western church is HARD hearted.

Like when Jesus stood the man with the withered hand to the front and asked "is it right to do good on the Sabbath?"

And they answered Him not a word, He looked around in anger, GRIEVED at their hardness of heart. Westerners can be so uncaring about healing...until sickness hits them or their loved ones.

We pass by it all our lives.....

Healing and provision are all part of the gospel.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
And they actually tell you that no other christian groups besides Pentecostals worship and mission there and have home churches there and you believe it?

No they speak about the national Chinese church and the national Chinese Catholic church whose ministers are appointed by the government, they admit that some of these are saved but they not very lively.

You should study this subject Angel

Over 50 years ago Chairman Mao declared that the Christian church was no more in China...and the missionary society sadly agreed with him.

Now there are MILLIONS of Christians, it is a completely new thing God has done, all western influence was driven out of China

But God started sovereignly pouring out His Spirit in the remote provences...yes it is Pentecostal. And it is unstoppable flood.

er...I didn't say it was AOG or Foursquare or whatever...I said it is Pentecostal.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
No they speak about the national Chinese church and the national Chinese Catholic church whose ministers are appointed by the government, they admit that some of these are saved but they not very lively.

You should study this subject Angel

Over 50 years ago Chairman Mao declared that the Christian church was no more in China...and the missionary society sadly agreed with him.

Now there are MILLIONS of Christians, it is a completely new thing God has done, all western influence was driven out of China

But God started sovereignly pouring out His Spirit in the remote provences...yes it is Pentecostal. And it is unstoppable flood.

er...I didn't say it was AOG or Foursquare or whatever...I said it is Pentecostal.

I have and have given money to missions there, baptist ones. So whoever is telling you its only Pentecostal is lying to you.