Posts of the Year -- 2014

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Nighttime on the other side of the world. :)

No. 2 will go up shortly, I think.

Cannot blame you there, everyone needs sleep after all. I thought I had missed it completely because I had to check out and go to my folks for dinner with the family. I guess I did not miss the festivities after all, they were just deferred due to lack of sunlight on your side of the planet. :chuckle:

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The problem is, my ally on your side of the planet might be asleep and won't get the message about posting No. 2 until I am in the dark again. :)

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
At number 2 for 2014 Stripe on Critical Thinking
The murderer's problem is that he killed innocent people and now knows he will face them in judgement.

Evolution's contribution is that it has adherents who refuse to submit their beliefs to rational appraisal. Children and adults are indoctrinated with its conclusions, which costs people a vital chance to practice critical thinking.

Evolution is not the problem. The problem is that there is no education on the rational connection taught between what we can learn with our senses and what is good and true.

Evolution is just an idea. Ideas are not the problem. The problem is evolutionists who will not allow their ideas to be challenged.
:second:

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Had enough of that song yet?

Get ready for the announcement of No. 1!

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Shh. Rocket, you're busting my rhythm here. :sozo2:

:think:

Is that how rhythm is spelled? :noid:

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The winner of POTY2014 is:

Steko! For this post on who we need to call on.

It's all well and good for one in his leisure to pray a nice, polite, formulaic prayer to the Father in Jesus' name. I do this like others do.
But, when my third son was turning blue with marshmallow stuck in his windpipe, it was 'JE-E-E-E-E-E-SUS!!!!!!!!' and out popped the marshmallow.
When my infant daughter was turning blue with whooping-cough, it was the same.
When I was pulling an overloaded trailer with a light pickup truck and the trailer began pushing me down a long hill at 60mph towards a narrow concrete bridge and the trailer began slinging the whole rig from one side of the road to the other and I screamed 'JE-E-E-E-SUS!!!!......the rig straightened out at the last second and went straight through the gap.
When an F-5 tornado centered on my house with my whole family in it and me in the shop behind it...when it hit I dove under a welding table as the whole building collapsed and much of it blew away, I was on my knees screaming 'JE-E-E-E-SUS!!!!!' I emerged without a scratch and my house with my family in it was left intact, though it was a direct hit. There have been many more instances than these.
When the universe is fleeing away, there is no other place to go but to Him. He is the only mediator between GOD and man.

Act 7:59 And they stoned Stephen, calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.

Stephen knew who to turn to!!

Congratulations! :first:

Last edited:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Animal.gif

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Awesome Post Steko! I can relate to, and have some stories that mirror your own here in this post. Thank You Jesus! Our Mediator, Our Help, Our Rock. :thumb: