Pope now says it's okay to be gay.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
And if you are being made perfect before the father, then when a lustful thought comes into your mind you should be stopping it not dwelling on it, and the Spirit should be prompting you to stop through your conscience and helping you not to do it. That's what Jesus means by deny yourself, we are to deny the lusts of our flesh, lust is of the flesh and the flesh is wrong before God. When we know it's wrong to do something we shouldn't do it. And when we realise we've done something wrong, we should confess our sins and go to God and repent. Once we know something is sinful or we know we've done wrong, then we are to stop doing it.

Love is from God, lust is from Satan

And it's our past sins that we did in ignorance that were forgiven when we came to know Jesus, not all our future ones too. Nowhere in the Bible does it say that our future sins are forgiven, once we know the truth then we are then to turn from sin and Christ in our hearts will help us to overcome, the truth sets us free, and that is free from sin and the world and that happens when Christ by the power of the Spirit starts help us to overcome and help us cast out our devils setting us free from the chains of darkness that held us captive in this dark world when we were blind, once we walk in the light we see and we walk in the Spirit and we should know the truth, and we should know what's right and wrong before God as Satan and sin is revealed to us and our conscience becomes stronger. Jesus said to the Pharisees, because you say you see, your sin remains. We can't say we see and then wilfully sin.

Paul says we will be judged on what we do good and bad. We are not to do something that we know is wrong before God, and think that it's ok and God will forgive us anyway and lust is wrong before God, in any form.

Do you believe that it's alright before the living God to have lustful thoughts about women?

Read the second sentence in my second paragraph.

musterion

It's not ok with God for people to be homosexual because it's one of the sins that Christ died for. The popes speak for Satan.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
I am not. I am a saint. All members of the boc are identified by the LORD God as saints, not sinners.

I said
You are so wrong. Everybody in the body of Christ are identified as sinners. Some are forgiven and some are not.

[Rom 3:23
23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
[1Jo 1:8-10
8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us [our] sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.

john w

Hall of Fame
I said
You are so wrong. Everybody in the body of Christ are identified as sinners. Some are forgiven and some are not.

[Rom 3:23
23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
[1Jo 1:8-10
8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us [our] sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.

Nope. We sin, but we are never referred to as sinners-you made that up. Members of the boc are identified as "saints," moron.

glorydaz

From today's LA Times....

Pope Francis has reportedly told a gay man that "God made you that way and loves you as you are," apparently pushing the pontiff's acceptance of homosexuality to a new level.

Francis made the comments to Juan Carlos Cruz, a Chilean victim of priestly sexual abuse who recently spent days with the pope at the Vatican to discuss his ordeal as the pontiff moves to tackle decades of coverups and ostracism of victims in the Chilean church, according to the Spanish newspaper El Pais.​

Looks to me like God didn't make him that way...being sexually abused by a priest made him that way.