ECT Poll: The Rod of Iron

Poll: The Rod of Iron

• It won't happen.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It may or may not happen, depending on ______. (explain below)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

musterion

sounds like i should gird myself.

lol:box:

Don't worry, it's not necessary. Raise points he can't answer and he'll just pretend you didn't say it and call you names...Darbyite, Bullingerite, Scofieldian...and that's about it.

Oh, and his "Jesus" is a murdering rapist. No joke.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The New Testament makes it clear that Psalm 2 is a Messianic Psalm.

It is fulfilled in the death (Acts 4.27) and exaltation of Christ the King (Acts 13.33; Phil. 4.9-11; Heb. 1.5; Heb. 5.5). Our Lord's resurrection and ascension (Matt. 28.18) inaugurated His kingdom. Of the increase of His kingdom there shall be no end (Isa. 9.7; Heb. 2.8), therefore let the kings and judges of this earth tremble before Him (Ps. 2.10-12) and acknowledge that He is King of kings and Lord of lords even now (Ps. 9.17; 33.12; Rev. 2.27; 19.16).

Psalm 2 supports the doctrine of Christ's present mediatorial kingship.

See also Matthew Henry's commentary here.

AMR

musterion

So how you boys enjoying this literally arrived kingdom so far? Great, ain't it? There's a coyote and a couple ducklings cuddling on my front yard right now, and my daughter's petting her copperhead, Mr. Fuzzy.

john w

Hall of Fame
So how you boys enjoying this literally arrived kingdom so far? Great, ain't it? There's a coyote and a couple ducklings cuddling on my front yard right now, and my daughter's petting her copperhead, Mr. Fuzzy.

Zech. 14 KJV

16 And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles. 17 And it shall be, that whoso will not come up of all the families of the earth unto Jerusalem to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, even upon them shall be no rain. 18 And if the family of Egypt go not up, and come not, that have no rain; there shall be the plague, wherewith the Lord will smite the heathen that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles. 19 This shall be the punishment of Egypt, and the punishment of all nations that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.

Preterists:The King, the Lord of Hosts, is in my heart, which is the new Jerusalem, which is why my state gets plenty of rain, you see, uh, urr......

musterion

John, John, John...donchaknow literalism is for suckas? Do yourself a big and kneel down before the Fantastical, Super-Plastical Allegorical Preteristerium! The thinking's been done, pal, because all prophecy is done. Dump the disp and relax, the kingdom is here, now! Get with the NOW! Christ returning? Pfft. He's ruling the earth, man. Just look around -- wait, don't look around. He's returned spiritually, just like the Watchtower says. Just believe me when I say, IT'S HERE, BABY!

john w

Hall of Fame
John, John, John...donchaknow literalism is for suckas? Do yourself a big and kneel down before the Fantastical, Super-Plastical Allegorical Preteristerium! The thinking's been done, pal, because all prophecy is done. Dump the disp and relax, the kingdom is here, now! Get with the NOW! Christ returning? Pfft. He's ruling the earth, man. Just look around -- wait, don't look around. He's returned spiritually, just like the Watchtower says. Just believe me when I say, IT'S HERE, BABY!

As Ed Begley would say, "Don't ya know," terion of Mus, that this is happening today???:

Micah 4 KJV

2 And many nations shall come, and say, Come, and let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, and to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for the law shall go forth of Zion, and the word of the Lord from Jerusalem.

Zech. 8 KJV
3 Thus saith the Lord; I am returned unto Zion, and will dwell in the midst of Jerusalem: and Jerusalem shall be called a city of truth; and the mountain of the Lord of hosts the holy mountain

Vs.

israel-war1.jpg

PuhRayzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawd!!

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
What do you believe about the following prophetic passages:

Your poll is lacking the option i would have chosen, i would have chosen both -its already happened, and will happen in the future.

Nations have already been cut off, He already lives and reigns and Christ was already caught up to the throne. (Spiritual application)

Then we will all bow and confess is a future event, His physical rule on earth is a future event and the evil being completely removed from the earth is a future event. (Physical application)

musterion

Yeah, they're all doing it in spirit. Iran's really got the spirit for Israel lately. Obama's helping them build that spirit.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Agreed.

When were they cut off?
In the OT nations were cut off and also - Israel ceased to be a nation also and then became one again recently.

Also there is spiritual application there imo - which is why i would have to choose both, for the collection of scripture you posted - some are both and some are only future.

OCTOBER23

ALL THIS IS TRUE AND WILL SOON HAPPEN STARTING CIRCA 2024 AD.
====================================

“I have sworn by Myself, the word is gone out of My mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto Me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear. Surely, shall one say, in the LORD have I righteousness and strength: even to Him shall men come; and all that are incensed against Him shall be ashamed” (Isa 45:23-24).

“For the nation and kingdom that will not serve Thee shall perish; yea, nations shall be utterly wasted” (Isa. 60:12).

“And she brought forth a man Child, Who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her Child was caught up unto God and His throne” (Rev. 12:5).

SaulToPaul 2

Leave it to a Tucker-ite to be in a hurry, and quip a "dry as dust," "wax the steps at the Old Folks Home" joke. You're a real character-you know that?

What's the matter? Are you still upset that Ange made you empty out the cells even after you had them all "dead to rights"?

You beat all, you know that, fella?

john w

Hall of Fame
What's the matter? Are you still upset that Ange made you empty out the cells even after you had them all "dead to rights"?

You beat all, you know that, fella?

I try. You don't get a watch, for nothin, fella. And you aint talkin' to a jerk, you know.

Last edited: