Pocahontas

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
56f35265424027f89bf569c8ad20ff2c.jpg

Liberals simply cannot be held to the same standards as conservatives.
Conservatives are required by their own standards to be moral and just.
Liberals are required by their own standards to be immoral and unjust.

Who could argue possibly with "genuineoriginal" that "The Donald" and Roy Moore are the conservative "poster boys" for justice and morally?

Who could find fault with tax legislation financed with $1.5 trillion in borrowed money - 600 pages that nobody had a chance to read, no committee hearings involving stakeholders and passed in the middle of the night!

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Mountains out of mole hills.
The things people complain about just cracks me up sometimes.

I, personally, got a HUGE chuckle at Trump's Pocahontas comment towards Elizabeth Warren.

So, for my jollies, thought I would post some reactions to the comment.

I like Kevin.

Gary K

Banned
I guess I just don't get it. How can mocking a white woman without a bit of Cherokee ancestry, but who claims to be a Cherokee anyway, possibly be a slur on Cherokees, Navahoes, or any other North American Indian tribe? The Indians aren't the ones being mocked. They didn't lie about anything. A white woman who lied about having Cherokee ancestry is being mocked for her claim. It's like that idiotic woman who claimed to be black but has no ancestral history to support her claim. Even her own parents said she was lying. Mocking her for her lies isn't making fun of blacks. It's making fun of the liar.

But, I guess anymore it's all about what a person's words can be construed to be. Truth is not important at all.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I guess I just don't get it. How can mocking a white woman without a bit of Cherokee ancestry, but who claims to be a Cherokee anyway, possibly be a slur on Cherokees, Navahoes, or any other North American Indian tribe? The Indians aren't the ones being mocked. They didn't lie about anything. A white woman who lied about having Cherokee ancestry is being mocked for her claim. It's like that idiotic woman who claimed to be black but has no ancestral history to support her claim. Even her own parents said she was lying. Mocking her for her lies isn't making fun of blacks. It's making fun of the liar.

But, I guess anymore it's all about what a person's words can be construed to be. Truth is not important at all.

There is no proof that she lied ... the only thing we DO know is that Trump lies like he breathes. Sort of like the birther lie. Remember when he finally admitted it wasn't true (which makes it a LIE)?

kmoney

Hall of Fame

If you're interest in truth then you probably shouldn't say she definitely lied because that's not proven. It's possible she lied. It's also possible that she relied on a family history that we now know probably wasn't true, but she didn't know it at the time.

But let's assume for the moment that Warren did lie. Trump's actions still aren't defensible. He used what should have been a ceremony to focus on the Native Americans to take a shot at a political opponent. Time and place. Trump is too petty to care though.

It is possible for both Warren and Trump to be in the wrong here.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I guess I just don't get it. How can mocking a white woman without a bit of Cherokee ancestry, but who claims to be a Cherokee anyway, possibly be a slur on Cherokees, Navahoes, or any other North American Indian tribe?
Well, for one thing the woman in question has family claims of Native American ancestry. You don't know that to be untrue. She apparently believes it. Beyond your premise, the president used the term to deride her in front of people she may well share a distant kinship with. That's insulting.

The Indians aren't the ones being mocked.
He used an actual Native American name as a means of insult. If it wasn't meant to be understood as an insult it would be a pointless thing to say in connection to the person he meant to insult. Why you don't see that is anyone's guess.

They didn't lie about anything.
No one said that they did.

A white woman who lied about having Cherokee ancestry is being mocked for her claim.
You don't know that she lied. You assume it to justify your own narrative and feeling.

It's like that idiotic woman who claimed to be black but has no ancestral history to support her claim
No, it isn't. The woman altered her appearance to support a thing she knew to be untrue. Neither of us have reason to believe Warren knew her claim to be untrue or that her claim is, in fact, untrue. Family members have supported her memory of the family tree and her note about an elopement coming on the heels of an objection over that ancestry from the other family involved. Or, there's far more reason to credit her than to accept the opposing narrative, which is entirely a thing of assumption.

Even her own parents said she was lying.
Who told you that? Cite to source.

Mocking her for her lies isn't making fun of blacks. It's making fun of the liar.
It's also what a bully and a liar does when he's feeling pressure. When the president punches down like that it speaks to his own issues, not the ones he hopes are true of Warren.

If truth is important to you then base your opinion on it. You haven't. So you either need to reconstruct your standard or revisit your conclusion.

Gary K

Banned
There is no proof that she lied ... the only thing we DO know is that Trump lies like he breathes. Sort of like the birther lie. Remember when he finally admitted it wasn't true (which makes it a LIE)?

There has, in the years since Pocahontas made her claim, been absolutely zero evidence brought out to support her claim. The Cherokee nation searched their ancestral archives and could find no evidence linking Pocahontas to the Cherokee tribe, and Pocahontas has given zero evidence to support her claim. Therefore no evidence exists. To say that this is somehow a misstatement or inadvertent mistake in her claim is ridiculous. If Warren was honest, and had made an honest mistake she would have said so and would have apologized for making an untrue claim, or brought out the proof of her claim. She never has.

And you defend her while in the same breath condemning Trump for dishonesty. This leaves you with no credibility.

Also, the MSM has time and time again said this was racism on Trump's part. That's just pure idiocy and dishonesty. They, and you, know Trump was mocking no one but Elizabeth Warren. She deserves it for such blatant dishonesty at playing the race card in attempting to further her own personal ambition.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
And you defend her while in the same breath condemning Trump for dishonesty

Indeed, I will continue to defend ANYONE who speaks out against and works against the evil agenda of Trump. Trump is a pathological, proven liar ... mentally unstable and a moral degenerate. Your defense of him speaks of *your* credibility.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
1-24.jpg

The issue isn't whether Donald Trump or his conservative supporters think that mocking Elizabeth Warren by referring to her as "Pocahontus is justifiable!

The issue isn't even if Warren and the Democrats take offence to this "moniker!"

The real issue is whether Native Americans find it offensive, particularly when it is deliberately being used in a condescending manner for the express purpose of denigrating the reputation of a political opponent!

Last edited:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
The issue isn't whether Donald Trump or his conservative supporters think that mocking Elizabeth Warren by referring to her as "Pocahontus is justifiable!

The issue isn't even if Warren takes offence to this moniker!

The issue is whether Native Americans find it offensive particularly when it is deliberately being used in a condescending manner for no other reason than to denigrate the reputation of a political opponent!
Hey Einstein, do Jews get offended when I call you Einstein?

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
5a25bfc66d5e5.image.jpg

Given the shifting social awareness of the times, these kinds of tactics may play well to Trump's base but, for the other 65% of Americans, its yet another reminder of the way powerful members of the "old boys club" are accustomed to treating women, minority groups .....!

Last edited: