Please someone answer me this;

Bee1

Since the time of Moses to now, not much has change in the Middle East geographically speaking. No violence volcanoes or ground changing earthquakes. From the Libya/Eygtian border to Red sea to Israel is about 750 miles. Average walking speed is 4 miles a day so about 175 hours non-stop. So let's slow that down to 1 mile a day = 4×175=700 hours. Let's rest 1 day for every mile (2 million plus people) that's 750 days + 700 hours. The Israelites did not travel in a straight line so let double the distant to 1,500 miles and travel 1/2 mile every 2 days, not even close to 40 years. I know there are some who think that I am being facetious but 40 years to walk 1,500 miles ? And leave no trace of passage?

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Since the time of Moses to now, not much has change in the Middle East geographically speaking. No violence volcanoes or ground changing earthquakes. From the Libya/Eygtian border to Red sea to Israel is about 750 miles. Average walking speed is 4 miles a day so about 175 hours non-stop. So let's slow that down to 1 mile a day = 4×175=700 hours. Let's rest 1 day for every mile (2 million plus people) that's 750 days + 700 hours. The Israelites did not travel in a straight line so let double the distant to 1,500 miles and travel 1/2 mile every 2 days, not even close to 40 years. I know there are some who think that I am being facetious but 40 years to walk 1,500 miles ? And leave no trace of passage?

So you choose to deny the biblical account of Israel’s exodus from Egypt?

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond

what traces would you expect them to leave? footprints?

chair

Read Exodus. From your OP, it seems like you haven't. It wasn't supposed to be a 40 year trip. The 40 years was a punishment. Most of the time was spent in encampments. And, while we're at it, the route wasn't direct, but looped around through what is modern day Jordan.

Bee1

what traces would you expect them to leave? footprints?
Bodies for one, what did the Israelites do with the dead. also trash, things one would find at a dwelling where over 2 million have camped for years? Nothing had been found any where in the desert. No one seen 2 million people traveling thru the desert in 40 years time?

Bee1

Read Exodus. From your OP, it seems like you haven't. It wasn't supposed to be a 40 year trip. The 40 years was a punishment. Most of the time was spent in encampments. And, while we're at it, the route wasn't direct, but looped around through what is modern day Jordan.
Why no trace of any encampments for over 2 million has never been found?

Bee1

So you choose to deny the biblical account of Israel’s exodus from Egypt?
I don't choose to deny anything, I keep a open mind when it comes to events in the bible. The bible as a whole I take as a given. But any Christian who study the Bible will find that it is a collections of stories and events that the Hebrews put together to document their history and relationship with God. Even the name "God" was invented to replace his "real name" by the Hebrews. I won't even mention the New Testment that is rife with inconsistencies and changes over the years by the Roman Catholics. There is no evidence of a exodus, you are hardpresses to even verify that Moses existed. Moses is credited as writing the first five books of the OT.Do you still believe that after most all theologians and religious scholars agree that Moses did not write the first five books in the OT? First, God wrote it, then Moses wrote it, now Moses did not write the first five books, so who did? And I suppose to believe without question.

Last edited:

rstrats

Bee1,
re: "Average walking speed is 4 miles a day..."

You might want to edit your post. The average walking speed is 3 to 3.5 miles per hour.

Last edited:

Bee1

Bee1,
re: "Average walking speed is 4 miles a day..."

You might want to edit your post. The average walking speed is 3 to 3.5 miles per hour.
I knew something was not adding up but even at your numbers the Israelites would have arrived sooner rather than later.

Bee1

So both of you think that the Bible is mistaken? God's Word has "errors"... should it be trusted?
My man, that the whole point, these are not God's words these are Man's words.If the ancient Hebrew scholars did not trust man with God's name, you think they would publish his actual words. As secretive as the Jews are about their God. Do you really believe that these Christian religions are teaching God's word. The Jews do not believe that Jesus is God's son. So all Jews won't go to heaven. But without Jews there would be no Christians. So your thinking is faulty. Who is practicing God's word? Remember, God does not make mistakes. So what religion or group is upholding these commands and laws from God himself?

Right Divider

Body part
My man, that the whole point, these are not God's words these are Man's words.If the ancient Hebrew scholars did not trust man with God's name, you think they would publish his actual words. As secretive as the Jews are about their God. Do you really believe that these Christian religions are teaching God's word. The Jews do not believe that Jesus is God's son. So all Jews won't go to heaven. But without Jews there would be no Christians. So your thinking is faulty. Who is practicing God's word? Remember, God does not make mistakes. So what religion or group is upholding these commands and laws from God himself?

I'm not "your man".

Your theory is lacking. You are puffed up with your own importance.

Bee1

I'm not "your man".

Your theory is lacking. You are puffed up with your own importance.
Important, puffed up, stick to the topic at hand and stop with the verbal assault. Typical maneuver for someone to react with hostilies when their core beliefs are confronted.