Please help me with what the Deity of Christ means

keypurr

This is how all cults work. They twist and distort what is written. Jesus was not A form of God. He was in the form of God (Spirit) IN THE BEGINNING before he took on the form of a servant (became flesh and dwelt among us.)

Phil. 2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: 7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

Read Phil 2. A form of God took the form of man. Its fits with Heb 10:5 that a body was prepared for him. The form of God was IN Jesus. Jesus was not that form, the logos was IN him, the dove at his anointing. acts 10:38.

Sent from my iPad using TOL

keypurr

That's why you are confused with so much scripture to the contrary.

Starting with Genesis having Elohim say "Let us make man in our image".
Clearly a unity.

And on into the New Testament scriptures such as Matthew 28:19 clearly stating that a singular NAME applied to the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

And in between are other scriptures revealing the triune unity of YHWH.

Consider that a man made in the image of God is NOT the same as being in the Express Image of God.

glorydaz

God and a form of God are not the same. God, YHWH was alone until he created his exact image. The logos is a spirit like his Father. But it is important to realize that he/it is created. Christ is Lord, not God. He answers to his God. Mankind has twisted God's words.

If being in the form of God doesn't mean God then being in the form of a servant doesn't mean servant, and the likeness of man doesn't mean man. So to you, He was a fake. He wasn't the visible image of our invisible God but a spirit clone of some sort? Gotcha Keypurr, :kookoo:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
God and a form of God are not the same. God, YHWH was alone until he created his exact image. The logos is a spirit like his Father. But it is important to realize that he/it is created. Christ is Lord, not God. He answers to his God. Mankind has twisted God's words.

Nope.
The Son was not created.
And He certainly wasn't created to be another god.

Isaiah 43:10
(10) Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The logos was given the fullness of the Father. God gave him power and wisdom. In a sense he is a divine being, the highest of all creation. He is a form of God. Phil 2.

I do not know what you are talking about so I disagree

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Well, Paul is the one who wrote the verse. I didn't. He says the Son of God (Jesus) created all things....just exactly as John says in John 1:1-3 when He speaks of the WORD who became flesh and dwelt among us. (You admitted that was speaking of Jesus Christ.)

That same Word who was with God and was God in the beginning, "made" all things. Without Him was not any thing made that was made. That's what Paul tells us, too, in even more detail.

John 1:1-3
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 The same was in the beginning with God.

3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.​
I do not know what to believe about this

glorydaz

Read Phil 2. A form of God took the form of man. Its fits with Heb 10:5 that a body was prepared for him. The form of God was IN Jesus. Jesus was not that form, the logos was IN him, the dove at his anointing. acts 10:38.

Nope, He was God, who is spirit, and became flesh to dwell among us....in the form of a servant and the likeness of man.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
That's why you are confused with so much scripture to the contrary.

Starting with Genesis having Elohim say "Let us make man in our image".
Clearly a unity.

And on into the New Testament scriptures such as Matthew 28:19 clearly stating that a singular NAME applied to the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

And in between are other scriptures revealing the triune unity of YHWH.
I disagree with you. And, God's name is not YHWH.

keypurr

If being in the form of God doesn't mean God then being in the form of a servant doesn't mean servant, and the likeness of man doesn't mean man. So to you, He was a fake. He wasn't the visible image of our invisible God but a spirit clone of some sort? Gotcha Keypurr, :kookoo:

You only prove your not able to digest what you read.

The logos is a clone of the Father in every way except it is a creation, a creature. God is a spirit, his express image is also a spirit. The spirit of the Father. This spirit went into Jesus and controlled him. This god spoke through the body prepared for him/it.

Friend, consider that maybe God has blessed me with this understanding because I prayed for it for decades.

glorydaz

You only prove your not able to digest what you read.

The logos is a clone of the Father in every way except it is a creation, a creature. God is a spirit, his express image is also a spirit. The spirit of the Father. This spirit went into Jesus and controlled him. This god spoke through the body prepared for him/it.

Friend, consider that maybe God has blessed me with this understanding because I prayed for it for decades.

I might consider that, Keypurr, if you didn't contradict what is clearly written.

keypurr

I do not know what you are talking about so I disagree

I disagreed at one time also. But I know that only YHWH is the True God and I needed to find scripture to prove it. And it was given to me.

keypurr

I might consider that, Keypurr, if you didn't contradict what is clearly written.

You have had five years to disprove my faith, you have not done so, neither has anyone else on TOL. Discard your assumptions and find truth.

glorydaz

You have had five years to disprove my faith, you have not done so, neither has anyone else on TOL. Discard your assumptions and find truth.

Yeah, and once I had all day to get a mule up the hill and I had to beat his rear every step of the way. We don't have that luxury with you, Keypurr.