ECT "PISTEUO", the secret of the universe....

MennoSota

Actually, you have no choice but to drop it since you have been caught in the act of misrepresenting my words.

Mary was chosen by God because she was Highly favored of Him because of the righteousness He saw from her life. Likewise was David chosen of God to be king because "he was a man after God's own heart" that you can't explain. Both people being of the OT.
Want more examples of righteousness man was capable of and performed [works] that brought on the grace of God and blessings for his life? Ergo, God bestowed His Grace upon those He found favor with. . . all others, mercy.
Mary was highly favored because God chose her.
David was a man after God's heart because God chose him.
God did the work in both of them. They had zero cause for boasting and both of them express that truth.
How did you get so man-centered? The answer is: Because your flesh still demands to be in control and God has approved your carnal thinking.

Cross Reference

Mary was highly favored because God chose her.
David was a man after God's heart because God chose him.
God did the work in both of them. They had zero cause for boasting and both of them express that truth.
How did you get so man-centered? The answer is: Because your flesh still demands to be in control and God has approved your carnal thinking.

You are so far off base you a compass to find your way back.

Further exchange with you would be a waste anyone's time.

MennoSota

You are so far off base you a compass to find your way back.

Further exchange with you would be a waste anyone's time.
Not off base at all. Biblically correct is the statement you're looking for.
With both Mary and David you forced your free-will philosophy on the text yet you forgot that God chose because He is Sovereign. God also chose Paul, a terrorist until the moment God chose him.
You see, your merit based concept of God is not biblically based.
But, you seem ordained to live in error until such time when God changes your mind. God did so with me. I once was a full-fledged free-will believer. Then I started reading the Bible without adding my presupposition to the Bible. God changed my mind. I am very grateful.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Not off base at all. Biblically correct is the statement you're looking for.
With both Mary and David you forced your free-will philosophy on the text yet you forgot that God chose because He is Sovereign. God also chose Paul, a terrorist until the moment God chose him.
You see, your merit based concept of God is not biblically based.
But, you seem ordained to live in error until such time when God changes your mind. God did so with me. I once was a full-fledged free-will believer. Then I started reading the Bible without adding my presupposition to the Bible. God changed my mind. I am very grateful.

All that before you were exposed to the true meaning of pisteuo.

Pisteuo is used 248 times in the NT. That's a heck of a biblical fact to ignore wouldn't you think ?

MennoSota

All that before you were exposed to the true meaning of pisteuo.

Pisteuo is used 248 times in the NT. That's a heck of a biblical fact to ignore wouldn't you think ?

248 times where God is active in his saints. Who can ignore God's wonderful gift to his elect?

Faither

BANNED
Banned
248 times where God is active in his saints. Who can ignore God's wonderful gift to his elect?

Mennosota , your taking a half truth , ( the elect ) and using it as a foundation to building a doctrine on . A half truth taken on its own is error .

Yes , without getting into the biblical elect , and how Greek specifically communicated that truth , just because we are one of the ", elect" or small group that have been called out from among a larger group of those not called , doesn't mean we still don't have to fulfill pisteuo or saving Faith.

God wants those who will freely choose to follow Him . We fulfill that choice by pisteuo , " A personal surrender to Him , and a life inspired by such surrender. "

MennoSota

Mennosota , your taking a half truth , ( the elect ) and using it as a foundation to building a doctrine on . A half truth taken on its own is error .

Yes , without getting into the biblical elect , and how Greek specifically communicated that truth , just because we are one of the ", elect" or small group that have been called out from among a larger group of those not called , doesn't mean we still don't have to fulfill pisteuo or saving Faith.

God wants those who will freely choose to follow Him . We fulfill that choice by pisteuo , " A personal surrender to Him , and a life inspired by such surrender. "
You could not fulfill it. You were spiritually dead in your trespasses and sins. There is no possible way a dead man can conjure something to save himself.
God must choose to make the dead man alive. Hence...God saves him.
After God saves him, by such a gracious act of making him alive, God graciously gives the saved man faith in assurance of what God has done.
This is expressed very clearly in Ephesians 2:1-10. It is expressed all over the Bible. Why do you reject what God has declared in scripture?

Faither

BANNED
Banned
You could not fulfill it. You were spiritually dead in your trespasses and sins. There is no possible way a dead man can conjure something to save himself.
God must choose to make the dead man alive. Hence...God saves him.
After God saves him, by such a gracious act of making him alive, God graciously gives the saved man faith in assurance of what God has done.
This is expressed very clearly in Ephesians 2:1-10. It is expressed all over the Bible. Why do you reject what God has declared in scripture?

Your the one who won't address pisteuo .

Why is that ?

And I haven't even gotten to the parable of the sower where 3 out of the 4 soils fail.
A

MennoSota

Your the one who won't address pisteuo .

Why is that ?

And I haven't even gotten to the parable of the sower where 3 out of the 4 soils fail.
A
I have been addressing faith this entire time. You are simply dancing around the great and active gift that God gives to everyone whom He has made alive in Christ.
Every action done by spiritually dead people is a selfish act, spurred on by rebellion against God. None of those acts are faith or pisteuo as you pridefully demand. They are acts of spiritually dead people.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
I have been addressing faith this entire time. You are simply dancing around the great and active gift that God gives to everyone whom He has made alive in Christ.
Every action done by spiritually dead people is a selfish act, spurred on by rebellion against God. None of those acts are faith or pisteuo as you pridefully demand. They are acts of spiritually dead people.

Pisteuo is defined in the Greek dictionary as " A personal surrender to Him , and a life inspired by such surrender."

This is not my word ! This is not my definition !
This is the word the writers used and the definition they wanted to communicate.

Because pisteuo couldn't be translated into the English it's caused alot of problems. Most of the time , it's those who have built their understanding on the mistranslated words believe believer and believing . But you have eliminated pisteuo all together from the Salvation process.

Let me know if you want to get real ....

MennoSota

When God repeats Himself , pay extra attention !
Yep. When God says that you are dead in your trespasses and sins until God makes you alive in Christ...pay extra attention.
pisteuō is an important word to understand. Pronounced as pist-yoo'-o, it means to have faith (in, upon, or with respect to, a person or thing). That is by implication to entrust: - believe, commit (to trust), put trust in.
The word is derived from another greek word, pistis (πίστις - pronounced pis'-tis) which means persuasion, credence; moral conviction (of religious truth, or the truthfulness of God or a religious teacher), especially reliance upon Christ for salvation; with constancy in such profession.
John 3:16 is a wonderful verse for those who love Christ, but like anything in Scripture it can get twisted. Many people who know John 3:16, would say they do believe in Jesus like it says. But the kind of "believe" they mean may be the wrong kind. It's more like the kind you mean when you say "I don't believe in Santa". This is an intellectual assent to a fact, without any evidence in their lives of the commitment that follows if you really believe. If you overlay the above definitions of pisteuō onto John 3:16, the kind of believing implied is one in which “God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever relies upon Christ for salvation and commits to him should not perish but have eternal life.

Saying it that way makes it a little harder for people to say “sure I believe in Jesus!” Even demons do that! (James 2:19)
It's one thing for us to say we believe in God. It's true faith though when we believe God and put our faith and trust in His Son, Jesus Christ.
http://treasuringchrist.blogspot.com/2010/12/do-you-pisteuo_03.html?m=1

MennoSota

You ignore the reality that dead men cannot generate pisteuo. Only God's gift can do so. God must gift it. God must activate it.
Why do you preach a gospel of works like the Judaisers Paul condemns in his letter to the Galatians?
Pisteuo is defined in the Greek dictionary as " A personal surrender to Him , and a life inspired by such surrender."

This is not my word ! This is not my definition !
This is the word the writers used and the definition they wanted to communicate.

Because pisteuo couldn't be translated into the English it's caused alot of problems. Most of the time , it's those who have built their understanding on the mistranslated words believe believer and believing . But you have eliminated pisteuo all together from the Salvation process.

Let me know if you want to get real ....
pisteuō is an important word to understand. Pronounced as pist-yoo'-o, it means to have faith (in, upon, or with respect to, a person or thing). That is by implication to entrust: - believe, commit (to trust), put trust in.

The word is derived from another greek word, pistis (πίστις - pronounced pis'-tis) which means persuasion, credence; moral conviction (of religious truth, or the truthfulness of God or a religious teacher), especially reliance upon Christ for salvation; with constancy in such profession.

John 3:16 is a wonderful verse for those who love Christ, but like anything in Scripture it can get twisted. Many people who know John 3:16, would say they do believe in Jesus like it says. But the kind of "believe" they mean may be the wrong kind. It's more like the kind you mean when you say "I don't believe in Santa". This is an intellectual assent to a fact, without any evidence in their lives of the commitment that follows if you really believe. If you overlay the above definitions of pisteuō onto John 3:16, the kind of believing implied is one in which “God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever relies upon Christ for salvation and commits to him should not perish but have eternal life.

Saying it that way makes it a little harder for people to say “sure I believe in Jesus!” Even demons do that! (James 2:19)

It's one thing for us to say we believe in God. It's true faith though when we believe God and put our faith and trust in His Son, Jesus Christ.

Cross Reference

<LOL!!!> Type A Will-ful ignorance vs Type B Will-ful ignorance with the solution smacking them bothin the face:

July 17th "My Utmost for His Highest"

The miracle of belief

"My speech and my preaching was not with enticing words."
1 Cor. 2:1–5.

Paul was a scholar and an orator of the first rank; he is not speaking out of abject humility, but saying that he would veil the power of God if, when he preached the gospel, he impressed people with his “excellency of speech.” Belief in Jesus is a miracle produced only by the efficacy of Redemption, not by impressiveness of speech, not by wooing and winning, but by the sheer unaided power of God. The creative power of the Redemption comes through the preaching of the Gospel, but never because of the personality of the preacher. The real fasting of the preacher is not from food, but rather from eloquence, from impressiveness and exquisite diction, from everything that might hinder the gospel of God being presented. The preacher is there as the representative of God—“as though God did beseech you by us.” He is there to present the Gospel of God, not human ideals. If it is only because of my preaching that people desire to be better, they will never get anywhere near Jesus Christ. Anything that flatters me in my preaching of the Gospel will end in making me a traitor to Jesus; I prevent the creative power of His redemption from doing its work.

“I, if I be lifted up …, will draw all men unto Me.”

Oswald Chambers

Faither

BANNED
Banned
The Greek word "pisteuo". Probably the most important word that we will ever hear as called out ones. I consider this word to be the "secret of the universe". Because one day, God will reveal the importance of "pisteuo," and everyone will know it was right there in front of us all the time.

I beat this drum of "pisteuo ", because without actively exercising "pisteuo", no one can have the relationship with Christ that the NT talks about. An indwelling Holy Spirit, being in Christ, having Gods nature flowing through us, the word of God being ours to look at like a mirror, the mind of Christ, to be able to have that continual praying without ceasing. Without "pisteuo," none of these things will come to pass.

With those things said, what exactly is "pisteuo?"

"Pisteuo" is the Greek word, a verb, that's corresponds with the Greek word, a noun, "pistis".

When pistis and pisteuo were translated into the English texts, Pistis is where we get our word
"faith", the noun, was no problem. But when the translators tried to find an English word for "pisteuo," there was none. Pisteuo is a verb, An act, based upon a belief, sustained by confidence. The specific act that the Greek word pisteuo needed to translate to English is, the vines: "A personal surrender to Him, and a life inspired by such surrender." The Strongs: "Pisteuo means not just to believe, but to be persuaded, to trust, to place confidence in, signifies reliance upon, not mere credence, hence it is translated "commit unto," "commit to ones trust,"Be commited unto".

Pisteuo is the word that describes, encompasses, and teaches us what NT saving Faith is. We should have had the words faither, faithing, and to faithe, for the translators to use when translating pisteuo into English. But only because they had no other choice, they had to go with believer, believing, and to believe. The word pisteuo and it's English mistranslations are used over 250 times in the NT. The words believer, believing, and to believe are only one third of what Nt saving Faith is. And building an understanding on any of these three words is not NT saving Faith.

Mennosota

Please address each fact presented in the OP.

Which one of them fo you not agree with ?

MennoSota

Mennosota

Please address each fact presented in the OP.

Which one of them fo you not agree with ?
I have addressed what pisteuo means. I have addressed the truth that God is the active agent, not human will. These are the important points. There is no reason to address irrelevant issues.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
I have addressed what pisteuo means. I have addressed the truth that God is the active agent, not human will. These are the important points. There is no reason to address irrelevant issues.

So every fact I've presented in the OP is irrelevant ???

That would mean your saying the NT writers are irrelevant , the words they used, the definitions they were communicating are irrelevant ?

That makes God's Word in general irrelevant !

The only thing that has been made irrelevant here is your understanding of the Salvation process or journey.

You don't seem to be able to read between the lines . Because you haven't begun a life of faithing , you are still at the very start of the process. God is waiting for you to start faithing towards Him !

Until you start , and maintain the surrendered life until Christ seals His Spirit into you , God's word and the promises there in are not yours to talk about yet.

But they could be , your choice !!!

Are you one of the called ? I say yes !

Being called or being one of the elect is not enough , we still got to " faithe " !!

Cross Reference

We are not called on to preach a philosophy of thought, but to preach “Jesus Christ, and Him crucified” which releases God to work on the hearts of them that hear. Since by our faith do we justify God in forgiving us, preaching/holding to vain philosophies prevent God from acting on His Word.