ECT "PISTEUO", the secret of the universe....

Faither

BANNED
Banned
You are not saying what the scriptures say. You say his yoke is burdensome. The Word of God says his commands are not burdensome.

Surrendering is obeying.

Jesus says you will not be blessed as a family member and friend unless you obey.

Mt 11:30 "For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." It's still a yoke and still a burden.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
You do not say what the Bible says.

Were talking about one word in the Bible, Pisteuo. The definition i've posted many times. You said you agreed with the definition, and then made a 180 by saying we are in Him by "obedience." Which is it? And how do you get "obedience" out of Pisteuo?

God's Truth

Have you surrendered your life to Christ? And are you surrendering your life continually to Him?
Do you make your many daily decisions on the fact "HE" is in control of your life now?

This is what "pisteuo" is. And "pisteuo" is the only saving faith there is.

We have to live through Jesus, and Jesus lives through us, and that only happens when we are obeying his teachings.

God's Truth

Were talking about one word in the Bible, Pisteuo. The definition i've posted many times. You said you agreed with the definition, and then made a 180 by saying we are in Him by "obedience." Which is it? And how do you get "obedience" out of Pisteuo?

Romans 6:16 Don't you know that when you offer yourselves to someone as obedient slaves, you are slaves of the one you obey--whether you are slaves to sin, which leads to death, or to obedience, which leads to righteousness?

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Romans 6:16 Don't you know that when you offer yourselves to someone as obedient slaves, you are slaves of the one you obey--whether you are slaves to sin, which leads to death, or to obedience, which leads to righteousness?

Your making my point. Fist surrender, then as the result of the Spirit of Christ in us, we are obedient sometimes. The more we surrender, the more obedience we should see coming out of us. The Word of God is not a manual to be followed a list of do this and do that. It's a mirror to be used to see His righteousness flowing out of us.

God's Truth

Your making my point. Fist surrender,

Surrender means you are going to obey everything Jesus says.

then as the result of the Spirit of Christ in us, we are obedient sometimes.

When you live through the Spirit you are obedient all the time. We live through the Spirit by obeying Jesus' teachings.

The more we surrender, the more obedience we should see coming out of us. The Word of God is not a manual to be followed a list of do this and do that. It's a mirror to be used to see His righteousness flowing out of us.

If you do not obey Jesus' teachings, then you have no life and no Spirit, for his words are life and Spirit.

God's Truth

I agree that we have to surrender to Jesus and that means obey him.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Pisteuo is specific. "Committing unto Him", committing what to Him? Our lives, not obedience.

"A personal surrender to Him". Surrender what? Our lives, not our "obedience".

"Commit to ones trust". Trust Him for what? To direct our lives. Not to be obedient.

"A life inspired by such surrender" Inspired by what? Our surrender, not our obedience.

This is why "obedience" is a dirty word to people like mysef. It's alweays used in the wrong way.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Lets try something new today!

All of you who vehemently disagree with the simple definition of "pisteuo" in the Greek dictionaries, give me your definition and put it into scripture as i had. Remember, define the word as per the Greek definition, then put it into a Scripture.

This will give you a chance to explain yourselves

Vines: "A personal surrender to Him", "and a life inspired by such surrender."

Strongs: "reliance upon", "commit unto"," be committed unto", commit to ones trust",

Bumped for anyone interested.

God's Truth

Pisteuo is specific. "Committing unto Him", committing what to Him? Our lives, not obedience.

That does not make sense.

If you surrender to someone you submit to them--to obey.

I gave you the scripture more than once that explains it.

Romans 6:16 Don’t you know that when you offer yourselves to someone as obedient slaves, you are slaves of the one you obey—whether you are slaves to sin, which leads to death, or to obedience, which leads to righteousness?

"A personal surrender to Him". Surrender what? Our lives, not our "obedience".

How do you think you can surrender your life without being obedient?

"Commit to ones trust". Trust Him for what? To direct our lives. Not to be obedient.

What?! You want Jesus to direct our lives and that happens without our obedience?!

"A life inspired by such surrender" Inspired by what? Our surrender, not our obedience.

This is why "obedience" is a dirty word to people like mysef. It's alweays used in the wrong way.

How do you EVER get obeying Jesus is dirty and wrong?

Faither

BANNED
Banned
That does not make sense.

If you surrender to someone you submit to them--to obey.

I gave you the scripture more than once that explains it.

Romans 6:16 Don’t you know that when you offer yourselves to someone as obedient slaves, you are slaves of the one you obey—whether you are slaves to sin, which leads to death, or to obedience, which leads to righteousness?

How do you think you can surrender your life without being obedient?

What?! You want Jesus to direct our lives and that happens without our obedience?!

How do you EVER get obeying Jesus is dirty and wrong?[/QUOTE

I stand on the fact that "obedience" comes from the indwelling Holy Spirit, via surrendering our lives to Him.

You are standing on the fact that "YOU" are being "obedient" by your own will.

This is the difference between our understandings.

God's Truth

If a person surrenders to the one they were against, they surrender and stop fighting that person. They follow that person's rules and they are submissive to them.

How do you ever get it means you do not have to obey? How do you ever get it means it has nothing to do with obedience.

God's Truth

I stand on the fact that "obedience" comes from the indwelling Holy Spirit, via surrendering our lives to Him.

You are standing on the fact that "YOU" are being "obedient" by your own will.

This is the difference between our understandings.

Are you kidding? You will not be given the Holy Spirit UNLESS YOU OBEY.

Acts 5:32 We are witnesses of these things, and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey him."

Surrender to the Truth, Faither.

You will not receive the Holy Spirit unless you obey, for that is to whom the Holy Spirit is given.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
If a person surrenders to the one they were against, they surrender and stop fighting that person. They follow that person's rules and they are submissive to them.

How do you ever get it means you do not have to obey? How do you ever get it means it has nothing to do with obedience.

Ok. Why don't you start your own thread on how to obey. I respect that you have that strong desire. This thread is about the Greek word pisteuo. You said you agreed with the Greek definition and then associated it with obedience. Pisteuo has nothing to do with the act of Pisteuo. We've discussed it, all your doing now is derailing my thread.

God's Truth

Ok. Why don't you start your own thread on how to obey. I respect that you have that strong desire. This thread is about the Greek word pisteuo. You said you agreed with the Greek definition and then associated it with obedience. Pisteuo has nothing to do with the act of Pisteuo. We've discussed it, all your doing now is derailing my thread.

You say surrender has nothing to do with obedience. I have proven you wrong with scriptures and you want to send me away. That is ludicrous.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Lets try something new today!

All of you who vehemently disagree with the simple definition of "pisteuo" in the Greek dictionaries, give me your definition and put it into scripture as i had. Remember, define the word as per the Greek definition, then put it into a Scripture.

This will give you a chance to explain yourselves

Vines: "A personal surrender to Him", "and a life inspired by such surrender."

Strongs: "reliance upon", "commit unto"," be committed unto", commit to ones trust",

Bumped again for those who desire to discuss "pisteuo".