ECT "PISTEUO", the secret of the universe....

Faither

BANNED
Banned
This is where the Greek word "pisteuo" is in the NT KJV used 220 times.

The definition of this word "pisteuo" is : Strongs, " pisteuo means NOT JUST TO BELIEVE", "reliance upon", " commit unto", "commit to ones trust", "be committed unto".

Vines : " A personal surrender to Him, and a life inspired by such surrender".

KJV Verse Count
Matthew 9
Mark 14
Luke 9
John 86
Acts 36
Romans 20
1 Corinthians 8
2 Corinthians 1
Galatians 4
Ephesians 2
Philippians 1
1 Thessalonians 5
2 Thessalonians 3
1 Timothy 3
2 Timothy 1
Titus 2
Hebrews 2
James 2
1 Peter 4
1 John 7
Jude 1
Total 220

I know in this day and age what we say goes. But thats not Gods way. This word "pisteuo" in scripture tells us how we can have a right relationship with God.

We are Faithers, our lives consist of hundreds of acts of Faithing every day. Faithing or pisteuo is an act , based upon a belief, sustained by confidence. When we get out of bed in the morning, did you make sure your legs work, or that the floor will hold you up? Did you check your brain to make sure it's working correctly? The answer is no to all those examples! That is what pisteuo or faithing is, we are doing that all day every day. Now the strongs gives a definition of pisteuo that doesn't include the act of Saving Faithing. The vines does, the vines is specifying the exact act, based upon a belief, sustained by confidence, that can start a relationship with Jesus. And that is " A personal surrender to Him, and a life inspired by such surrender."

Your sinful nature will want you to say , " i don't need the Greek texts, i don't need the Greek dictioary, all i need is the Word, i don't want to surrender my life ". Those thoughts would be easily validated by the surrounding voices you'll hear, especially in discussion groups where they have been self taught and don't even understand the basic definition of Faithing.

If your one of those people on the wide path that have built ther understanding on the Mistranslated word "believe", here's some more bad news.

The Greek language has no word for "believe"! That is because in the best language on the planet, there is "NO" state of just "believing". We are either faithing forwards "pisteuo", or faithing backwards "apisteuo". there is no in between, no neutral ground. What this means is, out of the hundreds of acts of faithing we do all day every day, we are either Faithing towards God or away from God. If we haven't surrendered our lives to Him "FIRST," and continuously make that surrender, everything we do is "apisteuo" faithing "AWAY" from God! Our own actions seal our fate and make us ineligible to receive His Grace deposit

And because pisteuo was mistranslated into English, when you look for the Greek word for "believe" in the English, it's mistranslated back into the Greek dictionary. In the strongs, the first words they write in the definition is "pisteuo means not just to believe" . Their attempting to put a "cautionary note" to make people aware there is a problem with this definition.

Last edited:

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Luke 8:12-13

The English mistranslated verses for "pisteuo" : LK 8:12 Those by the way side are they that hear; then cometh the devil, and taketh away the word out of their hearts, lest they should "believe" (mistranlation) and be saved.

LK 8:13 They on the rock are they, which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while "believe"(mistranslation), and in time of temptation fall away.

The corrected translation of "pisteuo", LK 8:12 Those by the way side are they that hear; then cometh the devil, and taketh away the word out of their hearts, lest they should "surrender their lives to Him" and be saved.

LK 8:13 They on the rock are they, which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while "surrender their lives to Him", and in time of temptation fall away.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Luke 8:12-13

The English mistranslated verses for "pisteuo" : LK 8:12 Those by the way side are they that hear; then cometh the devil, and taketh away the word out of their hearts, lest they should "believe" (mistranlation) and be saved.

LK 8:13 They on the rock are they, which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while "believe"(mistranslation), and in time of temptation fall away.

The corrected translation of "pisteuo", LK 8:12 Those by the way side are they that hear; then cometh the devil, and taketh away the word out of their hearts, lest they should "surrender their lives to Him" and be saved.

LK 8:13 They on the rock are they, which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while "surrender their lives to Him", and in time of temptation fall away.

If you are only "believing", you are not even at the point if these two Scriptures. The people this Scripture represents have at least "surrendered their lives to Jesus", but stopped due to the conditions of the parable of the sower. If you are building your relationship with Christ on "believing" , you haven't even entered into the parable of the sower yet. You are still at the beginning of the Salvation process , being drawn by the Father.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Romans 1:16
English mistranslation of "pisteuo" : For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that "believeth" (mistranslation) ; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Corrected translation of "pisteuo" : Romans 1:16, For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that "surrenders their lives to Him" ; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Danoh

Romans 1:16
English mistranslation of "pisteuo" : For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that "believeth" (mistranslation) ; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Corrected translation of "pisteuo" : Romans 1:16, For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that "surrenders their lives to Him" ; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

"Just one drink..."

That's you...

Next thing you knew; you had twisted every single passage that your addiction - the law for righteousness - might be "enabled...and enabled...and enabled..."

Work your way, Energizer Bunny.

Interplanner

The Gospel as a proclamation has power regardless of surrenderers. See Rom 3. There are none.

Elsewhere on the term faith: notice that in Gal 1, Paul is described as preaching the faith he once tried to destroy. In Jude there is the faith once and for all delivered. You'd have a hard time saying these were individuals surrendering; it is the meaning or propositions that matter here.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
The Gospel as a proclamation has power regardless of surrenderers. See Rom 3. There are none.

Elsewhere on the term faith: notice that in Gal 1, Paul is described as preaching the faith he once tried to destroy. In Jude there is the faith once and for all delivered. You'd have a hard time saying these were individuals surrendering; it is the meaning or propositions that matter here.

Hey thanks for the reply, 2 weeks late, but better late than never.

I'm going to need you to answer the basic question. Do you accept the meaning of the word "pisteuo" as defined in the strongs and vines? You can find it written at least 15 times on this thread alone.

I won't expect a reply so that if you do it will be a surprise. I have nothing against you, but have noticed you play on both sides of the fence using vague replies or comments. I would enjoy a dialogue with you after you state your understanding on the verb "pisteuo" and it's definition.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Rom. 15:13

English mistranslation of pisteuo. "Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in "believing" (mistranslation), that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost."

Rom. 15:13

English corrected translation of pisteuo. "Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in "committing your lives to Him," (pisteuo) that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost."

pisteuo is used 251 times in the NT.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
English mistranslation of "pisteuo' :"Romans 3:22

Rom. 3:22 "Even the righteousness of God which is by faith in Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that "believe" (mistranslation" : for there is no difference:"

Corrected translation of "pisteuo"

Rom 3:22 ,

Rom. 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith in Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that "commit their lives to Him" (pisteuo) : for there is no difference:

Theres no such thing as "believing" in the NT.

Last edited:

Faither

BANNED
Banned
English mistranslation of "pisteuo" : Romans 4:11

And he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had yet being uncircumcised: that he might be the father of all them that "believe" (mistranslation) , though they be not circumcised; that righteousness might be imputed unto them also:

Corrected English translation of "pisteuo" : Romans 4:11

And he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had yet being uncircumcised: that he might be the father of all them that "commit their lives to Him" (pisteuo), though they be not circumcised; that righteousness might be imputed unto them also:

Theres no such thing as "believing" in the NT.

Faither

BANNED
Banned

Ok tambora, this site is called theology online, i'll give you one chance to reply with a post that states an idea, disagreement, better understanding, or insight on what I've presented to you. No more hit and runs, lets have a discussion.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Ok tambora, this site is called theology online, i'll give you one chance to reply with a post that states an idea, disagreement, better understanding, or insight on what I've presented to you. No more hit and runs, lets have a discussion.

Romans 3

22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference
:

Go ahead and "fix" this bad translation for us.

Greek corrected translation : even the righteousness of God which is through Faith in Jesus Christ to all and on all who "surrender there lives to Him". (pisteuo) For there is no difference;

You still left the word "faith" in there.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'll take as many chances and hit and runs as I like.

I know both Greek and Hebrew, and your mutilation is unwarranted.
You stretch the meanings so far out there that it is not even visible.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Iffen you don't like "believe," then would "have faith" satisfy you?

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever has faith in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life."

?

Danoh

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever has faith in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life."

?

Nope, that will not do for this supposed "Faither."

HIS ENTIRE notion is surrender completely to Jesus by your ACTIONS.

THEN Jesus will save you.

The duration of your surrender, of course.

The fool has changed the lyrics of a famous Hymn so that it now reads...

Under the Law, o wretched condition,
Christ did not die, there is no remission.
This is your call, not free from the fall,
Surrender yourself, you can do it all.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Romans 3

22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference
:

Go ahead and "fix" this bad translation for us.

You still left the word "faith" in there.

That word "faith" in rom. 3:22 is the noun, faith. Pistis in the Greek. All these posts and you still don't have a clue what i'm talking about , do you?

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Nope, that will not do for this supposed "Faither."

HIS ENTIRE notion is surrender completely to Jesus by your ACTIONS.

THEN Jesus will save you.

The duration of your surrender, of course.

The fool has changed the lyrics of a famous Hymn so that it now reads...

Under the Law, o wretched condition,
Christ did not die, there is no remission.
This is your call, not free from the fall,
Surrender yourself, you can do it all.

Christ died for the sins of the world Danoh, His Grace covers all people, done deal! But only the ones who "Faithe" into Him (surrender their lives to Him) will access that Grace as the Word says. That is if the Word of God is yours and your given the true understanding, which you reject, so why are we talking about this?

If what you say is true that someone can work their way to salvation, you don't accept that Christs work on the cross is finished. Why is that?

Last edited:

Danoh

That word "faith" in rom. 3:22 is the noun, faith. Pistis in the Greek. All these posts and you still don't have a clue what i'm talking about , do you?

You mean "in the Greek" DICTIONARIES.

Fool, the intended sense of any word is ALWAYS determined by WHERE it is found being used by WHO, WHEN, in relation to WHAT, WHY, and HOW.

NOT by cherry picking one's PERSONAL PREFERENCE from a multiple of VARIOUS meanings for the one word in a dictionary.

YOU ARE ADDING TO " the faith OF Jesus Christ."

Or, as Galatians 3 puts it - :doh:

Faither

BANNED
Banned

?

"Faith" is a noun. The Greek texts use the verb form of "Faith". So no, you can't use a noun where a verb needs to be. The English has no verb for the word "faith". Other wise it would be Faither, faithing, or to faithe.

Even if the English had the correct word, which would have been "to faithe" you still wouldn't know what that means. Thats why i've been replacing the mistranslated word "believe" with the entire definition of, "to faithe", which would be "pisteuo" in the Greek.