Philo's SPOTD 3-9-04

Status
Not open for further replies.

philosophizer

Good one, LightSon!
:thumb:

Originally posted by LightSon

No. I am not taking my speculations so far as to say we will have our individuality stripped away. I am simply saying that the heavenly based "mind control" you assert is launched from a flawed vantage point, a mental paradigm who boundaries we cannot reasonably escape(without divine help).

The end result of your reasoning is to question the only viable God ordained "end game." That is a loose-loose situation.

I am suggesting that IF (1) God is good and (2) God is able, that He will adjust the end-game (our eternal existence) to be wonderful and beyond our ability to appreciate it now or even describe it. Imagine someone who has been kept alive to the age of 20, by pills and tasteless food supplements. Imagine them arguing that a hot fudge sundae probably isn't something they would like. This is a crude analogy, but is likened to what you are attempting to argue.

But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. I Cor 2:9

Open your imagination to new possibilies, an undiscovered country.

context

Status
Not open for further replies.