Ph.D in Pot & the G.H.W. Bush Legacy

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
So you're calling the Lord God a liar?

Metaphors ansd prarables, ipso facto, point to a deeper truth.

You seem your asssumpstion that I am calling God as a liar is but a smoke-screen for you to dismiss the God of Jesus because osf your abject fear and alarm.

God has already won.
Jesus is Lord.
The brutality and the revenge fantasies of human beings will no longer stand.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Metaphors ansd prarables, ipso facto, point to a deeper truth.

You seem your asssumpstion that I am calling God as a liar is but a smoke-screen for you to dismiss the God of Jesus because osf your abject fear and alarm.

God has already won.
Jesus is Lord.
The brutality and the revenge fantasies of human beings will no longer stand.

well, not until John's Revelation comes to pass, eh? :chuckle:

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
"well, not until John's Revelation comes to pass, eh?”

For me the rapture of Revelation by John of Patmos seriously distorts Christianity.

If we believe in an imminant rapture and return of Jesus, then our focus is on getting ready.

If we truly believe that everything might end tomorrow (or sooner), there is no reason to improve the world.

Why worry about political and economic matters?
Why worry about the earth or its environment?
If wars and rumors of wars are inevitable, why worry about peace on earth?

Violence is a key ingredient of rapture theology--the defeat of the infidels.

In Revelation, Jesus is described as wearing blood-soaked robess and slaughtering the unfaithful so thsat the level of blood and gore “reaches the height of a horse’s bridle for s distance of 200 miles.”

The love-your-enemies, turns-the-other-cheek Jesus is banished and revealed to be a genuine hypocrite.
In the Bible God pronounced his creation “good” at least twice. But in Revelation he destroys the world.

P.S. If Jesus returns while you are reading this post, please disregard it.

way 2 go

"well, not until John's Revelation comes to pass, eh?”

For me the rapture of Revelation by John of Patmos seriously distorts Christianity.

The love-your-enemies, turns-the-other-cheek Jesus is banished and revealed to be a genuine hypocrite.
In the Bible God pronounced his creation “good” at least twice. But in Revelation he destroys the world.
Jesus is consistent.

Luk 19:27 But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Jesus is consistent.

The Jesus who preached the Kingdom of God in parables and called people to repentance and ate and drank with society’s dregs was consistent.

The mystical philosopher in John and the theology & dogma-spouting figure in the synoptics is not consistent.
He reveals himself as a hypocrite.

He says “love your enemies” yet he slaughters the unfaithful until the level of blood and gore "reaches the height of a horse’s bridle for a distance of 200 miles.”

...Some Prince of Peace....

The synoptics tell us he died on Passover, while John asserts he died 24 hours before Passover.

way 2 go

The Jesus who preached the Kingdom of God in parables and called people to repentance and ate and drank with society’s dregs was consistent.

The mystical philosopher in John and the theology & dogma-spouting figure in the synoptics is not consistent.
He reveals himself as a hypocrite.

He says “love your enemies” yet he slaughters the unfaithful until the level of blood and gore "reaches the height of a horse’s bridle for a distance of 200 miles.”

...Some Prince of Peace....

The synoptics tell us he died on Passover, while John asserts he died 24 hours before Passover.

did you know on the new ford ranger pick up
you have to take the left front wheel off to change the oil filter
as it is behind a panel in the fender well .

see what I did there , I posted irrelevant information to what you wrote
kinda like what you do

Jesus said
Luk 19:27 But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.

Mat 25:46 And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."

Jesus did this
Joh_2:15 And making a whip of cords, he drove them all out of the temple, with the sheep and oxen. And he poured out the coins of the money-changers and overturned their tables.

Jesus is consistent

Rev 19:20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet doing signs before it, (by which he deceived those who had received the mark of the beast), and those who had worshiped his image. The two were thrown alive into the Lake of Fire burning with brimstone.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
As a Christian, I think it is foundational in my faith to let Jesus speak for himself.

Unfortunately, when the Roman Emperor declared that Christianity was to become part of the Holy Roman Empire, Christianity became the Kingdom of Rome and not the Kingdom of God.

Christianity became allied with the powers and principlalites of this world.
Luckily the unique “voice print” of Jesus can still be found in the New Testament and we use the historical methodology of found in all inquiry of past events.

Jesus said “love your enemies.” He either said it or he didn’t. We cannot have it both ways.
The nonviolent Jesus becomes a hypocrite. He becomes characterized as a divine ethnic cleanser.
He slaughters--he does not save.

Beleivers who harbor cruelty and revenge fantasies fashion a Jesus that is both horrific and homocidal. Wsr on the destitute, the stranger, the immigrant--all those "OTHER people.

People who are unable or unwilling to look within and do a fearless and moral inventory of themselves and can then start to be accountable.

A violent Jesus gives many Christians an excuse to pardon their own unkindness and cruellty and the poison of humaan revenge.

“You have heard it said that ________, but I say________."

I will always see Jesus’ authentic words and deeds as the ultimate, defnitive disclosure of what the divine looks like in the life of a human being.

When Christians forego worshiping Christ and start following Jesus they will begin to glimpse what salvation actually meant to people in the first century.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Your mind-reading techniques and your ability to guess correctly at my motives is awesome.

I am not a Constistinian Christian. I am a follower of Jesus who values his parables, short sayings and his authentic deeds.

The God of Jesus is my God.
The theology and dogma that was placed into his mouth by his later followers can fall to the wayside in my view.

I know your intentions are good and I salute your wishes to help me live a more Christian life.

way 2 go

As a Christian, I think it is foundational in my faith to let Jesus speak for himself.

Jesus said “love your enemies.” He either said it or he didn’t. We cannot have it both ways.
The nonviolent Jesus becomes a hypocrite. He becomes characterized as a divine ethnic cleanser.
He slaughters--he does not save.
Jesus also said this good news & bad news , Your Jesus is not real

Luk 19:26 For I say unto you, That unto every one which hath shall be given; and from him that hath not, even that he hath shall be taken away from him.

Mat 25:45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.
Mat 25:46 And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
My Jesus is the one who preached that

--"The Father makes his sun to shine on the evil and the good and sends his rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.” [Matthew 5:45]

--"Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. If someone slaps you on one cheek, turn to them the other also. If someone takes your coat, do not withhold your shirt from them. Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. Do to others as you would have them do to you.” [Luke 6:27-36]

--“Pray to the Father in secret.”
[Matthew 6:5-6]

--“Why do you call me good? Only God is good.”
[Luke 18:19]

--“Friend, who made ME a judge over you?”
[Luke 12:14]

--""No, not [to forgive] seven times but seventy times seven!”
[Matthew 18:22]

--"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind and Love your neighbor as yourself. All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”
[Matthew 22:39]

“Go and learn what this means: [God] desires mercy and not sacrifice.”
[Matthew 9:13]

"You hypocrite! First remove the beam out of your own eye, and then you can see clearly to remove the speck out of your brother's eye.” [Matthew 7:5]

“Sell what you have.”
[Mark 10:17]

“Give to anyone who begs from you.”
[Mark 10:17]

I feel that my Jesus is real.
The Jesus that speaks theological statements and dogma that were placed into his mouth by later scribes is not the real Jesus.
For me, Bible study is simply “Studying the Bible.”
Read what the authentic Jesus says and then go and do likewise.

way 2 go

My Jesus is the one who preached that ...
your god has 1/2 a gospel that does not save

I feel that my Jesus is real.
The Jesus that speaks theological statements and dogma that were placed into his mouth by later scribes is not the real Jesus.
For me, Bible study is simply “Studying the Bible.”
Read what the authentic Jesus says and then go and do likewise.

Mat 7:13 "Enter by the narrow gate. For the gate is wide and the way is easy that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many.
Mat 7:14 For the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life, and those who find it are few.

:carryon:

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
I certainly agree that the gate is narrow indeed.

But the gate of this world is wide enough to wage war, entertain name-calling and disrespect for others, nurse feelings of revenge & hatred, have fear of the stranger and the immigrant, the widow, the orphan, the beggar amd the destitute....

The Kingdom of God instead of the Kingdom of Caesar and the rule of Pilate and Caiaphas--i.e. the powers amd principalities of this world.

If we knock at the door, it will be opened, but here on earth God’s work must truly be our own after we see the opened door.

My personal relationship with Jesus, as I see it, is to recognize that it is us human beings who should help all of us realize Jesus’ missions is all about repentance and the Kingdom of God.

Without God, we cannot. Without us, God will not.

Again, Jesus is my standard; he is the norm of the Bible to me.

--What did salvation mean in the first century instead of the 21st century?
--What did those who mention it take the word meaningfully?
--What did the original readers or listeners think about the concept?
--How can we understand the term to be meaningful in our lives and our world in today’s global culture.

How can we preserve the actual teachings of Jesus for today’s world and tomorrow?

In Jesus’ day, the word “salvation” did not have anything to do with trying to get to heaven and to avoid hell.

Salvation has to do with transformation in this life.

Careful students of the Bible will see that there are five primary understandings of the death and resurrection of Jesus

Each makes difference affirmations about Jesus.

The first two emphasize that Jesus is Lord, and the domination system and the powers are not.
The third sees the end of Jesus’ life as the embodiment of the path of transformation.
The fourth affirms that the death of Jesus as God’s only son is the incarnation of God’s love for us. The fifth sees him as the once-for-all sacrifice who brings an end to the law as the basis of the divine-human relationship.

Paul’s letters reveal that he was unaware of the empty tomb tradition or the virgin birth.
He only says that Jesus “was buried” and was “born of a woman."