Peter and Paul

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Jesus, Peter, and Paul taught the gospel from the scriptures.
They all three taught of those that were not a people (ie. Gentiles) being counted as people of the Lord.

PETER
1 Peter 2:10 KJV​
(10) Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.​

PAUL
Romans 9:24-25 KJV​
(24) Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?​
(25) As he saith also in Osee, I will call them my people, which were not my people; and her beloved, which was not beloved.​
Romans 10:19-20 KJV​
(19) But I say, Did not Israel know? First Moses saith, I will provoke you to jealousy by them that are no people, and by a foolish nation I will anger you.​
(20) But Esaias is very bold, and saith, I was found of them that sought me not; I was made manifest unto them that asked not after me.​

JESUS
Luke 4:25-27 KJV​
(25) But I tell you of a truth, many widows were in Israel in the days of Elias, when the heaven was shut up three years and six months, when great famine was throughout all the land;​
(26) But unto none of them was Elias sent, save unto Sarepta, a city of Sidon, unto a woman that was a widow.​
(27) And many lepers were in Israel in the time of Eliseus the prophet; and none of them was cleansed, saving Naaman the Syrian.​

Prophesied in scripture by Isaiah:
Isaiah 65:1 KJV
(1) I am sought of them that asked not for me; I am found of them that sought me not: I said, Behold me, behold me, unto a nation that was not called by my name.

And Peter ends this letter of his with the following, showing that both Peter & Paul wrote to the same people concerning salvation by grace.

2 Peter 3:14-18 KJV
(14) Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless.
(15) And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;
(16) As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.
(17) Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own stedfastness.
(18) But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
.... continued from post #21

Who was Peter writing to?

1 Peter 1 KJV
(1) Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the strangers scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia,​

This word "strangers" is only used 3 times in NT. --- 1 Pet 1:1, 1 Pet 2:11, Heb 11:13

Who did Peter think the "strangers" were?
He tells us in:

1 Peter 2 KJV
(11) Dearly beloved, I beseech you as strangers and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts, which war against the soul;​

The writer of Hebrews also tells of these "strangers and pilgrims":

Hebrews 11 KJV
(13) These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.​
(14) For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country.​
(15) And truly, if they had been mindful of that country from whence they came out, they might have had opportunity to have returned.​
(16) But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.​

The strangers and pilgrims are those who have faith, like Abraham the father of all the faithful did, and seek a better country (the heavenly one) than any on earth.
Or as Paul said:

Galatians 3 KJV​
(7) Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.​
(8) And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.​
(9) So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham.​
And also in:​
Philippians 3 KJV​
(20) For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:​

Right Divider

Body part
PETER
1 Peter 2:10 KJV​
(10) Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.​
Your confirmation bias is off the charts! As is your cherry-picking!

Firstly, Peter agreed to keep his ministry only to the circumcision (i.e., the believing remnant of Israel).

Gal 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)​
(2:9) And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we [should go] unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision.

Second, Peter makes it CLEAR that he is NOT writing to gentiles right in the very epistle and in the very passage that you quoted from!

1Pet 2:12 (AKJV/PCE)​
(2:12) Having your conversation honest among the Gentiles: that, whereas they speak against you as evildoers, they may by [your] good works, which they shall behold, glorify God in the day of visitation.​

That is clearly and unambiguously written to NON-GENTILES!

Perhaps you are not aware that Peter is QUOTING from Hosea in 1 Peter 2:10

Hos 1:10-11 (AKJV/PCE)​
(1:10) ¶ Yet the number of the children of Israel shall be as the sand of the sea, which cannot be measured nor numbered; and it shall come to pass, [that] in the place where it was said unto them, Ye [are] not my people, [there] it shall be said unto them, [Ye are] the sons of the living God. (1:11) Then shall the children of Judah and the children of Israel be gathered together, and appoint themselves one head, and they shall come up out of the land: for great [shall be] the day of Jezreel.​
Hos 2:23 (AKJV/PCE)​
(2:23) And I will sow her unto me in the earth; and I will have mercy upon her that had not obtained mercy; and I will say to [them which were] not my people, Thou [art] my people; and they shall say, [Thou art] my God.​

Peter is writing to the nation of Israel.

Last edited:

Right Divider

Body part
.... continued from post #21

Who was Peter writing to?

1 Peter 1 KJV
(1) Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the strangers scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia,​

This word "strangers" is only used 3 times in NT. --- 1 Pet 1:1, 1 Pet 2:11, Heb 11:13
The "strangers and pilgrims" that Peter is writing to are the SAME ones that James (and all of the Hebrew epistle writers) is writing to.

Jas 1:1 (AKJV/PCE)​
(1:1) James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting.​

Who did Peter think the "strangers" were?
Israelite's scattered in to gentile lands (i.e., strangers in someone else's land).
He tells us in:

1 Peter 2 KJV
(11) Dearly beloved, I beseech you as strangers and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts, which war against the soul;​

Hebrews 11 KJV
(13) These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.​
(15) And truly, if they had been mindful of that country from whence they came out, they might have had opportunity to have returned.​
(16) But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.​
It seems that you are completely ignorant that the "gospel of the kingdom" was about the "kingdom of heaven" that will be ON THE EARTH.

Matt 4:17 (AKJV/PCE)​
(4:17) ¶ From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.
Matt 6:10 (AKJV/PCE)​
(6:10) Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as [it is] in heaven.​

The strangers and pilgrims are those who have faith, like Abraham the father of all the faithful did, and seek a better country (the heavenly one) than any on earth.
Are you calling Jesus a liar in Matt 6:10?

Or as Paul said:

Galatians 3 KJV​
(7) Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.​
(8) And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.​
(9) So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham.​
And also in:​
Philippians 3 KJV​
(20) For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:​
The kingdom that Jesus and the twelve preached was and is a kingdom on the earth.

Read the book of Daniel without your blinder on some time.

Last edited:

Right Divider

Body part

Hebrews 11 KJV
The body of Christ was never given a "country", therefore how can WE (the body of Christ) be given a "better country"? (Hint: we can't)

The body of Christ was never given a "city", therefore how can WE (the body of Christ) be given a "better city"? (Hint: we can't)

The body of Christ was never given a "covenant", therefore how can WE (the body of Christ) be given a "better covenant"? (Hint: we can't)

The "better" things are for the people of Israel (i.e., the believing remnant) that were given a covenant, a city, a country... etc. etc. etc.

Derf

Second, Peter makes it CLEAR that he is NOT writing to gentiles right in the very epistle and in the very passage that you quoted from!

1Pet 2:12 (AKJV/PCE)(2:12) Having your conversation honest among the Gentiles: that, whereas they speak against you as evildoers, they may by [your] good works, which they shall behold, glorify God in the day of visitation.
That is clearly and unambiguously written to NON-GENTILES!
Not so clear and unambiguous, if the people Peter wrote to were also written to by Paul, because Paul said:

1 Corinthians 10:32 KJV — Give none offence, neither to the Jews, nor to the Gentiles, nor to the church of God:

Indicating that the church was neither Jews nor Gentiles.
Galatians 3:28 KJV — There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

So Peter could very easily be addressing Gentiles within the church and comparing them to Gentiles without the church, just as Paul did:
1 Corinthians 12:2 KJV — Ye know that ye were (past tense) Gentiles, carried away unto these dumb idols, even as ye were led.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Not so clear and unambiguous, if the people Peter wrote to were also written to by Paul, because Paul said:

1 Corinthians 10:32 KJV — Give none offence, neither to the Jews, nor to the Gentiles, nor to the church of God:

Indicating that the church was neither Jews nor Gentiles.
Galatians 3:28 KJV — There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

So Peter could very easily be addressing Gentiles within the church and comparing them to Gentiles without the church, just as Paul did:
1 Corinthians 12:2 KJV — Ye know that ye were (past tense) Gentiles, carried away unto these dumb idols, even as ye were led.
There is no doubt that Peter and Paul wrote to the same group of people because Peter clearly states that they did.

(14) Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless.
(15) And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;
(16) As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.
(17) Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own stedfastness.
(18) But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.

Right Divider

Body part
There is no doubt that Peter and Paul wrote to the same group of people because Peter clearly states that they did.

So, according you, the apostles were all just bald-faced liars that don't keep their solemn agreements?

(2:9) And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we [should go] unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision.

Derf

So, according you, the apostles were all just bald-faced liars that don't keep their solemn agreements?

What you seem to be saying is that if James, Cephas, or John wrote letters or presented their gospel to Gentiles, then that would make them bald-faced liars, right? And the same standard applies to Paul, that if he wrote letters or presented his gospel to Jews, that would make him a bald-faced liar, at least after the agreement Paul refers to in Gal 2:9?

Then Peter is the one calling Paul a liar, because he reminds his supposedly Jewish audience of the letters Paul had written to them, AND Luke states that Paul was teaching ALL, including Jews, about his gospel in Acts 28, much later than that agreement.

Acts 28:23-31 KJV — And when they had appointed him a day, there came many to him into his lodging; to whom he expounded and testified the kingdom of God, persuading them concerning Jesus, both out of the law of Moses, and out of the prophets, from morning till evening. And some believed the things which were spoken, and some believed not. And when they agreed not among themselves, they departed, after that Paul had spoken one word, Well spake the Holy Ghost by Esaias the prophet unto our fathers, Saying, Go unto this people, and say, Hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and not perceive: For the heart of this people is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes have they closed; lest they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them. Be it known therefore unto you, that the salvation of God is sent unto the Gentiles, and that they will hear it. And when he had said these words, the Jews departed, and had great reasoning among themselves. And Paul dwelt two whole years in his own hired house, and received all that came in unto him, Preaching the kingdom of God, and teaching those things which concern the Lord Jesus Christ, with all confidence, no man forbidding him.

And Jesus Himself is made out to be a liar by your understanding, because He told Paul through Ananias that he would be going to the Jews:
Acts 9:15 KJV — But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Romans 1:1-2 ESV
(1) Paul, a servant of Christ Jesus, called to be an apostle, set apart for the gospel of God,
(2) which he promised beforehand through his prophets in the holy Scriptures,
(16) For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.
(17) For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith for faith, as it is written, “The righteous shall live by faith.”

The gospel Paul preached was from the scriptures.

Last edited:

Right Divider

Body part
Romans 1:1-2 ESV
(1) Paul, a servant of Christ Jesus, called to be an apostle, set apart for the gospel of God,
(2) which he promised beforehand through his prophets in the holy Scriptures,
(16) For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.
(17) For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith for faith, as it is written, “The righteous shall live by faith.”

The gospel Paul preached was from the scriptures.
You "only one gospel" people are retarded.

I already showed you this, but you don't believe some of the scripture:

Rom 16:25 (AKJV/PCE)​
(16:25) Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,
Eph 3:1-12 (AKJV/PCE)​
(3:1) For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles, (3:2) If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward: (3:3) How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words, (3:4) Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ) (3:5) Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit; (3:6) That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel: (3:7) Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power. (3:8) Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ; (3:9) And to make all [men] see what [is] the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ: (3:10) To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly [places] might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God, (3:11) According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord: (3:12) In whom we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of him.​

There are many gospels in the Bible.

Right Divider

Body part

Differences between Peter and Paul’s Message​

Peter and Paul never taught the same gospel. When Peter taught the kingdom gospel at Pentecost, Saul was rejecting the Messiah. When Paul preached the gospel of the grace of God, Peter’s gospel of the kingdom to Israel was limited to the circumcision.

Below are the six major issues of distinction between what Peter taught and what Paul taught. The main similarity between the two messages exists in the person of the Lord Jesus Christ (Eph 1:10).
Download this List: PDF
Peter* taught:Paul taught:
1. Israel and Prophecy
Israel is still standing and
prophecy is being fulfilled.
(Acts 2:16-17; 3:21,24-26)
Israel is fallen and
the prophecies are postponed.
(Rom 3:10,19;11:11,25; 16:25)
2. Apostolic responsibility
Salvation is of the Jews led by the twelve apostles.
(John 4:22; Mat 19:28; 1 Pet 1:10; Rev 21:14)
Salvation sent to Gentiles through Paul: the Apostle of the Gentiles.
(Rom 11:13; Col 1:25; 2 Tim 1:11; 1 Cor 3:10)
3. Justification
Salvation and the law; justification by faith in Jesus as the Messiah accompanied by necessary works.
(Jam 2:24; 1 John 2:5; Mat 19:27; Heb 10:26)
Salvation apart from the law; justification by faith alone in the cross work of Jesus Christ.
(Rom 4:5; Eph 2:8-9; Tit 3:5; 1 Cor 15:1-4)
4. The Church**
Separation between the Jew and Gentile; Israel is God’s chosen people. Gentiles blessed through Israel.
(Mat 10:5; Luke 24:49; Acts 11:19)
No longer Jew nor Gentile
but all are part of a new creature in Christ called his Body.
(Gal 3:28; Col 3:11; Eph 2:15; 1 Cor 12:13)
5. God’s representation
God’s holy nation, the little flock of Israel, is His earthly representation from among the world.
(Isa 61:6; Rev 7:1-8; 1 Pet 2:5,9)
Gentile Ambassadors are
His representation to a world
in total rebellion.
(2 Cor 5:20; 1 Cor 12:20; 2 Tim 2:2)
6. Destiny***
Promised to receive an earthly inheritance in the kingdom.
(1 Pet 1:4; Mat 6:10; Heb 13:14; Rev 21:2)
Promise of an heavenly position in God’s universal dominion.
(Phil 3:20; Eph 2:6; 1 Thess 4:17)
* Peter is used as representative of the twelve apostles during their kingdom and Pentecostal ministry.
** There are three churches mentioned by name in the Bible; listed are two.
*** In the dispensation of the fullness of times both of these things will be brought together in Christ (Eph 1:10).

Source: https://graceambassadors.com/midacts/list-petervspaul

Derf

Differences between Peter and Paul’s Message​

Peter and Paul never taught the same gospel. When Peter taught the kingdom gospel at Pentecost, Saul was rejecting the Messiah. When Paul preached the gospel of the grace of God, Peter’s gospel of the kingdom to Israel was limited to the circumcision.

Below are the six major issues of distinction between what Peter taught and what Paul taught. The main similarity between the two messages exists in the person of the Lord Jesus Christ (Eph 1:10).
Download this List: PDF
Peter* taught:Paul taught:
1. Israel and Prophecy
Israel is still standing and
prophecy is being fulfilled.
(Acts 2:16-17; 3:21,24-26)
Israel is fallen and
the prophecies are postponed.
(Rom 3:10,19;11:11,25; 16:25)
2. Apostolic responsibility
Salvation is of the Jews led by the twelve apostles.
(John 4:22; Mat 19:28; 1 Pet 1:10; Rev 21:14)
Salvation sent to Gentiles through Paul: the Apostle of the Gentiles.
(Rom 11:13; Col 1:25; 2 Tim 1:11; 1 Cor 3:10)
3. Justification
Salvation and the law; justification by faith in Jesus as the Messiah accompanied by necessary works.
(Jam 2:24; 1 John 2:5; Mat 19:27; Heb 10:26)
Salvation apart from the law; justification by faith alone in the cross work of Jesus Christ.
(Rom 4:5; Eph 2:8-9; Tit 3:5; 1 Cor 15:1-4)
4. The Church**
Separation between the Jew and Gentile; Israel is God’s chosen people. Gentiles blessed through Israel.
(Mat 10:5; Luke 24:49; Acts 11:19)
No longer Jew nor Gentile
but all are part of a new creature in Christ called his Body.
(Gal 3:28; Col 3:11; Eph 2:15; 1 Cor 12:13)
5. God’s representation
God’s holy nation, the little flock of Israel, is His earthly representation from among the world.
(Isa 61:6; Rev 7:1-8; 1 Pet 2:5,9)
Gentile Ambassadors are
His representation to a world
in total rebellion.
(2 Cor 5:20; 1 Cor 12:20; 2 Tim 2:2)
6. Destiny***
Promised to receive an earthly inheritance in the kingdom.
(1 Pet 1:4; Mat 6:10; Heb 13:14; Rev 21:2)
Promise of an heavenly position in God’s universal dominion.
(Phil 3:20; Eph 2:6; 1 Thess 4:17)

* Peter is used as representative of the twelve apostles during their kingdom and Pentecostal ministry.
** There are three churches mentioned by name in the Bible; listed are two.
*** In the dispensation of the fullness of times both of these things will be brought together in Christ (Eph 1:10).

Source: https://graceambassadors.com/midacts/list-petervspaul
Paul to the Gentiles: [Rom 1:17 KJV] For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

Somebody else (or Paul) to the Hebrews in the New Testament era: [Heb 10:38 KJV] Now the just shall live by faith: but if [any man] draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.

Habakkuk to the Jews in the Old Testament era: [Hab 2:4 NKJV] "Behold the proud, His soul is not upright in him; But the just shall live by his faith.

Peter to...whoever Peter was writing to: [1Pe 1:9 KJV] Receiving the end of your faith, [even] the salvation of [your] souls.

Don't forget James: [Jas 2:22 KJV] Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect? (nobody is saved by works, but by faith, which is perfected when it is exercised. But he's still saying the faith (real faith) is the key, not some faith that doesn't actually do anything.)

The Angel, bringing the gospel to the shepherds: [Luk 2:10 NKJV] Then the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid, for behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy which will be to all people.

Sounds like the same gospel to me, meant for all people!

This one's a little harder, but I think it comes down to the same thing:
The Angel proclaiming the everlasting gospel:
[Rev 14:6 KJV] And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,
[Rev 14:7 KJV] Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.

Which is another way to say, "the just shall live by faith", because: [Heb 11:6 NKJV] But without faith [it is] impossible to please [Him], for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and [that] He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.

If that's the "everlasting" gospel, then it's the gospel during Paul's time, and during Habakkuk's time, during the time when the book of Hebrews was written, and during the time when the people Hebrews 11 speaks of were living.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Paul to the Gentiles: [Rom 1:17 KJV] For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.
I bolded a portion of your posted verse to draw attention Paul's doctrine of faith was from what was written (ie. OT scripture).

Somebody else (or Paul) to the Hebrews in the New Testament era: [Heb 10:38 KJV] Now the just shall live by faith: but if [any man] draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.

Habakkuk to the Jews in the Old Testament era: [Hab 2:4 NKJV] "Behold the proud, His soul is not upright in him; But the just shall live by his faith.

Peter to...whoever Peter was writing to: [1Pe 1:9 KJV] Receiving the end of your faith, [even] the salvation of [your] souls.

Don't forget James: [Jas 2:22 KJV] Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect? (nobody is saved by works, but by faith, which is perfected when it is exercised. But he's still saying the faith (real faith) is the key, not some faith that doesn't actually do anything.)

The Angel, bringing the gospel to the shepherds: [Luk 2:10 NKJV] Then the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid, for behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy which will be to all people.

Sounds like the same gospel to me, meant for all people!
This one's a little harder, but I think it comes down to the same thing:
The Angel proclaiming the everlasting gospel:
[Rev 14:6 KJV] And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,
[Rev 14:7 KJV] Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.

Which is another way to say, "the just shall live by faith", because: [Heb 11:6 NKJV] But without faith [it is] impossible to please [Him], for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and [that] He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.

If that's the "everlasting" gospel, then it's the gospel during Paul's time, and during Habakkuk's time, during the time when the book of Hebrews was written, and during the time when the people Hebrews 11 speaks of were living.
It does appear that they taught the same thing.

Right Divider

Body part
If you guys think that the "everlasting gospel" is the same as the gospel of the grace of God... you are way more crazy than I ever imagined.

P.S. Reminder: the twelve were preaching the "gospel of the kingdom" and they did not even know that Christ would DIE or be RESURRECTED. So, no, they are not all the "same gospel".

Derf

If you guys think that the "everlasting gospel" is the same as the gospel of the grace of God... you are way more crazy than I ever imagined.

P.S. Reminder: the twelve were preaching the "gospel of the kingdom" and they did not even know that Christ would DIE or be RESURRECTED. So, no, they are not all the "same gospel".
Didn't know? Or were willfully refusing to hear?
Jesus telling them He would die and rise again:
Matthew 20:17-19 KJV — And Jesus going up to Jerusalem took the twelve disciples apart in the way, and said unto them, Behold, we go up to Jerusalem; and the Son of man shall be betrayed unto the chief priests and unto the scribes, and they shall condemn him to death, And shall deliver him to the Gentiles to mock, and to scourge, and to crucify him: and the third day he shall rise again.

And AFTERWARD, Jesus reiterates that they (or someone) will be preaching the gospel of the kingdom for all nations:
Matthew 24:14 KJV — And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

And then, as a capstone, Paul is preaching the gospel of the kingdom at the end of Acts to both Jews and Gentiles:
Acts 28:23-31 KJV — And when they had appointed him a day, there came many to him into his lodging; to whom he expounded and testified the kingdom of God, persuading them concerning Jesus, both out of the law of Moses, and out of the prophets, from morning till evening. And some believed the things which were spoken, and some believed not. And when they agreed not among themselves, they departed, after that Paul had spoken one word, Well spake the Holy Ghost by Esaias the prophet unto our fathers, Saying, Go unto this people, and say, Hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and not perceive: For the heart of this people is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes have they closed; lest they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them. Be it known therefore unto you, that the salvation of God is sent unto the Gentiles, and that they will hear it. And when he had said these words, the Jews departed, and had great reasoning among themselves. And Paul dwelt two whole years in his own hired house, and received all (including both Jews and Gentiles) that came in unto him, Preaching the kingdom of God, and teaching those things which concern the Lord Jesus Christ, with all confidence, no man forbidding him.

Is Paul preaching the gospel to these people? Surely you have to say Yes. Is Paul preaching about a kingdom? Surely you can see that he is. Then is he not at least preaching A gospel of A kingdom. Why would a king send out disparate messages from the same guy to different groups of people without explaining that the Jews are getting a different gospel than the Gentiles--both about (different?) kingdoms of God. Your doctrine makes no sense.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Didn't know? Or were willfully refusing to hear?
Jesus telling them He would die and rise again:
Matthew 20:17-19 KJV — And Jesus going up to Jerusalem took the twelve disciples apart in the way, and said unto them, Behold, we go up to Jerusalem; and the Son of man shall be betrayed unto the chief priests and unto the scribes, and they shall condemn him to death, And shall deliver him to the Gentiles to mock, and to scourge, and to crucify him: and the third day he shall rise again.

And AFTERWARD, Jesus reiterates that they (or someone) will be preaching the gospel of the kingdom for all nations:
Matthew 24:14 KJV — And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

And then, as a capstone, Paul is preaching the gospel of the kingdom at the end of Acts to both Jews and Gentiles:
Acts 28:23-31 KJV — And when they had appointed him a day, there came many to him into his lodging; to whom he expounded and testified the kingdom of God, persuading them concerning Jesus, both out of the law of Moses, and out of the prophets, from morning till evening. And some believed the things which were spoken, and some believed not. And when they agreed not among themselves, they departed, after that Paul had spoken one word, Well spake the Holy Ghost by Esaias the prophet unto our fathers, Saying, Go unto this people, and say, Hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and not perceive: For the heart of this people is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes have they closed; lest they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them. Be it known therefore unto you, that the salvation of God is sent unto the Gentiles, and that they will hear it. And when he had said these words, the Jews departed, and had great reasoning among themselves. And Paul dwelt two whole years in his own hired house, and received all (including both Jews and Gentiles) that came in unto him, Preaching the kingdom of God, and teaching those things which concern the Lord Jesus Christ, with all confidence, no man forbidding him.

Is Paul preaching the gospel to these people? Surely you have to say Yes. Is Paul preaching about a kingdom? Surely you can see that he is. Then is he not at least preaching A gospel of A kingdom. Why would a king send out disparate messages from the same guy to different groups of people without explaining that the Jews are getting a different gospel than the Gentiles--both about (different?) kingdoms of God. Your doctrine makes no sense.
What is really frustrating of what some MADs think is that they think that the gospel of the death, burial, and resurrection which bestows grace for all that believe will be a worthless gospel that is unable to save anyone in the future.

Right Divider

Body part
What is really frustrating of what some MADs think is that they think that the gospel of the death, burial, and resurrection which bestows grace for all that believe will be a worthless gospel that is unable to save anyone in the future.
Your argument is with God, not us.

Right Divider

Body part
Once God ends the dispensation of His grace, the current offer will be done and finished. That time is at the catching away.

God's dispensation have a beginning and an end. That is why God declares a different gospel during the tribulation:

Rev 14:6-7 (AKJV/PCE)​
(14:6) And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people, (14:7) Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.​

Remember that Paul warns us NOT to listen to an angel with another gospel.
[also note that WE will not be dwelling on the earth, as our place is in heaven, Phil 3:20].

Gal 1:8 (AKJV/PCE)​
(1:8) But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.​

Many gospels... those that believe otherwise are extremely confused.