Personal Freedom vs. Public Welfare

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
I'm still waiting for Chair to tell me who was harmed by my refusal to wear a mask in March, April, May, June and July

I don't suppose we'll ever hear eider explain who has been harmed by my decision to own a "fast-fire" rifle
Who is harmed by my belt-fed even though I have it left out openly as I go about my business? It's there in case I need it. You never know when you're going to need a belt-fed, simple plain fact. I argue incontrovertible. I'd get argument opposed to that argument, but I'd argue it's incontrovertible, that you never know when you'll need a belt-fed machine gun.

And the Second Amendment is just right there, confirming that I'm right. The right of the people to keep and bear belt-fed machine guns shall not be infringed. If you complain that I'm leaving out the prefatory clause; fine, A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear belt-fed machine guns shall not be infringed. That even makes it clearer! We have the right to belt-fed machine guns because they are necessary to the security of a free state.

Sometimes criminals use their belt-feds to mow down innocents. That happens. We know one thing: our right to belt-feds is God-given, and can't be taken away from us. It doesn't even matter if everyone is a murderer, the right to belt-feds is inviolable, it's sacred. It comes directly out of our absolute right to self-defense---no matter who you are, you have the right to self-defense, no matter what you've done.

You don't have a right, that I don't have a belt-fed machine gun. You don't have that right. So why would you have the right, that I wear a mask? That doesn't even---that confuses what rights even are.

Gary K

Banned
The primary purpose of wearing a mask is to protect other people, not the wearer. I don't like wearing the things but even if it reduces the rate of transmission by a low percentage then I'm happy to do so. It certainly doesn't do any harm does it?
Yes it does do harm. It lowers blood oxygen levels. It causes psychological harm to millions because it makes everyone fearful of others without cause as the only reason to wear a mask is because of fear. It's been proven in study after study that any difference they make is statistically insignificant as the virus is so much smaller than the mesh of a mask it flows freely through the mask. A good analogy is trying to keep mosquitos out of your yard with a wire fence that has 2in by 2in openings. The difference in size between a nanometer sized particle and a millimeter sized particle is that the second particle is measured by a scale a thousand times larger. The result is that a mask will not protect others from anyone who is infectious due to a virus.

Surgical masks are known to not protect anyone. What surgeons and nurses do is look directly at the wound opened in surgery if they have to sneeze because the force of the sneeze is directed backwards through the edges of the mask. The force of the sneeze follows the path of least resistance.

Proven physics. Both water and air follow the path of least resistance. The sneeze blows the mask away from the face and the contents of the sneeze are blown backwards past the edges of the mask and over and around the wearer's head.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
The point of this thread is to try to see where the line is.
and when chair and I were engaged in that discussion it was a fruitful conversation, a productive thread.

That was before the tard brigade descended.

And here we are more than a year later and I still haven't infected a single person through my decision not to wear a mask.