Perfect love casts out fear.

Ben Masada

Ben, God is perfect Love. I assure you, perfect Love dwells in man.

Though it is true that man's love is never perfect.

Sent from my iPad using TOL ~Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary

I know honey, but I said "in man." In HaShem, I am aware that not only perfect love but also eternal life are found in Him. And there is something else I am sure you won't agree with me. "Conditional love is perfect love." Hence, God's love is conditional.

Ben Masada

Years ago I used to think this verse means: If I love God and people the perfect way... or at least very close to perfect... I won't have to worry I'll go to hell. And if I'm still scared of going to hell, it means my loving others still needs improvement.

Today I think it means: If I have any fear in me concerning God, judgment, afterlife... it means I don't understand God's love. Who does, fears not. And it's a wonderful feeling, knowing that I, you, atheists, Muslims, gays, child molesters and even TV evangelists - have NOTHING TO FEAR!

:banana:

Hi Predi, whether we love God and man perfect or not so, we are all heading into hell. It might sound scary but, it won't be so bad. In hell, we will all be unconscious. It means that it will make no difference whether we are in heaven or in hell aka the grave.

Now, regarding God's judgment in the afterlife, we don't have to worry about that
either. God is not concerned about the dead. God is of the living, not of the dead.

Predi

Hi Predi, whether we love God and man perfect or not so, we are all heading into hell. It might sound scary but, it won't be so bad. In hell, we will all be unconscious. It means that it will make no difference whether we are in heaven or in hell aka the grave.

Now, regarding God's judgment in the afterlife, we don't have to worry about that
either. God is not concerned about the dead. God is of the living, not of the dead.

Hi Ben Masada! So... if we all go to unconsciousness, are you saying there's no afterlife?

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
I know honey, but I said "in man." In HaShem, I am aware that not only perfect love but also eternal life are found in Him. And there is something else I am sure you won't agree with me. "Conditional love is perfect love." Hence, God's love is conditional.
Ben,

How could that which is limitless, limit the most important human need?

Is He not the very Spiritual sunshine of Love that feeds the flowers of the earth, animals and fish, and the very souls of humanity?

Sent from my HTC One M9 using TheologyOnline mobile app

Ben Masada

Is perfect love the love of God or the love we should show or do show for others when we see them the way God does? Many fear and they fear punishment. The one who fears is not perfected in love.

There is nothing perfect about man as we are all sinners. (Ecclesiastes 7:20) The love of God yes, it is perfect because, perfect love is conditional love. Hence, God's love is conditional. Love and fear are two emotions that may coexist without damage to either.

Ben Masada

Hi Ben Masada! So... if we all go to unconsciousness, are you saying there's no afterlife?

No, that's not what I am saying. What I have said is the afterlife. I think that what you have in mind is to be called after-death, not afterlife.

Ben Masada

Ben,

How could that which is limitless, limit the most important human need?

Is He not the very Spiritual sunshine of Love that feeds the flowers of the earth, animals and fish, and the very souls of humanity?

Sent from my HTC One M9 using TheologyOnline mobile app

Yes Nameless, hence God's love is perfect. I think HaShem caused the universe to exist in other to love, not better but more. And as man is concerned, yes, love is the most important human need but still limited.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Do you understand what I meant by "Not better but more" as the love of God is concerned?

Ben,

You agreed His Love is limitless. I'm putting my darkest sunglasses on and leaving at that for now. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using TOL ~Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Love is the character of God himself or his name. The love of God was actually revealed in the same book as the Law. In Exodus 34 the LORD revealed his name to Moses and there were seven attributes to his character, technically there were eight but two are repeated. God's love is a perfect blend of compassion, grace, patience, mercy, truth, forgiveness and vengeance. The rainbow also appears over the throne of the Father so each color is a facet of his love from the red of compassion to the purple of vengeance. All seven blend together into the spotless white of the righteousness of Christ or the love of God. This is also why the adoption of the rainbow by the homosexual movement is a form of blasphemy. They have perverted God's love into gay love.
Shalom.

I am against homosexuality, as is God. As for the rest of what you have said here, I would like to understand what you have said better. Shalom.

Jacob

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Jacob,

You have touched on the core of the Gospel! That is a verse I keep deep in my soul! It is awesome to hear how you see it helping people to come to Christ and grow in Him!

This is truly a gospel basic that is Meat, Milk and Central to Christ's teachings and actions!
Shalom!

I am glad that you can learn from this and see that others can too, that others can as well. May you learn of God and Christ, may your words bring glory to His name. May you understand the truth of God's word above anything I have said. Shalom.

Jacob