Paul's Gospel According to Jesus Christ

Robert Pate

Banned
Paul received his Gospel directly from Jesus Christ, it is the Gospel that justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and reconciles us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. It is also known as the "Historical Gospel" because it is a past historical event, never to happen again.

Paul wrote, "But I certify you, brethren, that the Gospel that I preach is not after man. For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ" Galatians 1:11,12.

Paul's Gospel is NOT in conflict with the teachings of Jesus as many want to believe. While Jesus was dying on the cross God tore the veil on the Jewish temple that covered the Holy of Holies from the top to the bottom. This signified the end of the Old Covenant, the law and the Jewish religion.

"And behold the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake and rocks were rent" Matthew 27:51.

This is one of the most significant events in the New Testament, If you don't understand what is happening here, you will not understand Paul's Gospel. With the death of Jesus God ushered in the New Covenant. It is now a whole new ball game. When Jesus died on the cross it abolished the Old Covenant , the law and the Jewish religion.

"Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of the commandments contained in the ordinances: for to make in himself of twain one new man" Ephesians 2:15.

"Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us and took it out of the way nailing it to his cross" Colossians 2:14.

The "new man" in Ephesians 2:15, does not live by rules, laws or religion. He lives by faith in Christ and his Gospel, this is why Paul wrote, "The just shall live by faith" Romans 1:17. If you are living by laws, rules and religion , you are not living by faith. Worst of all you are under God's wrath. "Because the law works wrath: for where there is no law, there is no transgression" Romans 4:15. This is some very serious stuff. The reason that many people live by laws, rules and religion is because they don't have faith, what they have is religion, which is man's effort to save himself by the works of the law.

God's "New Man" has been born again by the Gospel, "Being born again, not of corruptible seed , but of incorruptible, by the word of God (the Gospel) which lives and abides forever, 1 Peter 1:23. The "new man" has been crucified with Christ and has risen with Christ, Romans 6:4-6.

"Therefore, if any man be "In Christ" he is a new creation: old things have passed away (laws and religion) behold, all things have become new" 2 Corinthians 5:17.

In the Gospel, Jesus has put to death the whole human race in himself, Romans 6:6. When Jesus died, we died with him. When Jesus arose from the dead, we arose with him. "For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall also be in the likeness of his resurrection" Romans 6:5. The results of all of this is a new creation, or a "new man" Are you a new creation in Jesus Christ? Or are you still serving the Old Covenant, which is a dead religion?

Right Divider

Body part
Paul received his Gospel directly from Jesus Christ, it is the Gospel that justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and reconciles us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. It is also known as the "Historical Gospel" because it is a past historical event, never to happen again.
Honest question: Why did Jesus withhold this gospel from Peter and the eleven?

Right Divider

Body part
Good question. I don't know.
Because there are many gospels in the Bible and they each have their own timing and purpose.
Another question is, why did Jesus chose Paul who was a Christian killing Pharisee?
Probably because Paul would make the best possible example of someone saved by grace through faith.
1Tim 1:11-16 (AKJV/PCE)
(1:11) According to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, which was committed to my trust. (1:12) And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry; (1:13) Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did [it] ignorantly in unbelief. (1:14) And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus. (1:15) This [is] a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief. (1:16) Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.