Theology Club: Pauline Disctinctions

Danoh

What was the very first distinction you came to on your own - just you and the Bible?

Mine was the distinction that before Paul was saved, in Acts 9:6 God had already concluded him and his nation (Israel) "uncircumcised in heart and ears," Acts 7:51 in light of Matt. 12:30-32 and Rom. 2:25, 28, 29.

This, for their adding their resistance against the Spirit's witness, that Jesus was the Christ, to their failure to keep the Law when they refused to believe the Law that Jesus was the Christ, John 5:44-47, Acts 7:52-53.

After that, the Bible became a whole different Book, many questions often answering themselves in light of that, even as I asked them.

Anyway, what was your first distinction, just you and the Bible that day?

glorydaz

What was the very first distinction you came to on your own - just you and the Bible?

Mine was the distinction that before Paul was saved, in Acts 9:6 God had already concluded him and his nation (Israel) "uncircumcised in heart and ears," Acts 7:51 in light of Matt. 12:30-32 and Rom. 2:25, 28, 29.

This, for their adding their resistance against the Spirit's witness, that Jesus was the Christ, to their failure to keep the Law when they refused to believe the Law that Jesus was the Christ, John 5:44-47, Acts 7:52-53.

After that, the Bible became a whole different Book, many questions often answering themselves in light of that, even as I asked them.

This may not be what you're looking for, but it was the distinction between "Repent and be baptized" and Romans 10:9-10 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation."

Yes, I realize I may get jumped on for posting out of Romans 10, but that is what caused me to see a distinction.

musterion

It was a mix of things but mainly seeing Christendom's many counterfeits of Israel's water baptism(s) as counterfeits, especially in light of the one baptism of the Body in Ephesians. Sign gifts figured in too, as did Col 2:13 vs 1 Jn 1:9. Anyway, when I was deprogrammed from believing all those baptisms just had to be or mean the same thing, others began falling into place.

That's what stands out now, anyway.

Danoh

This may not be what you're looking for, but it was the distinction between "Repent and be baptized" and Romans 10:9-10 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation."

Yes, I realize I may get jumped on for posting out of Romans 10, but that is what caused me to see a distinction.

Anyone gives you a repeatedly hard time; out come my six guns, sis :)

Tam will just have to love me anyway, lol

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

That it is not chained to some pulpit and I have my own personal copy.

SaulToPaul 2

The first distinction was as a child growing up in a Wesleyan church. They emphasized the red letters. And I remember thinking wow, this is hard, I will never make it to heaven.

Then I read Paul.

I did not know any doctrine, nor was I even saved, but I could see a difference.