Paul: "The Just (Justified) Shall Live By Faith" and not by rules, laws or religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The circumcised and the uncircumcised have COMMANDS with an 's'.

You are caught in your craftiness is not going to wash this time.
One command to the circumcised in the text, and one command to the uncircumcised in the text.
1 command + 1 command = commands (plural).
And you still cannot see what the two different commands to the two different types of people are.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Paul is a command giver from the Lord.

So many commands from God given by Paul.

Should I start giving them?

lol
No.
You should give the 2 different commands given to the 2 different types of people in the text.

That has always been one of your problems in that you throw everything into a blender as if they are all the same.

Robert Pate

Banned
I know it is not sitting right for you when you read your Paul saying 'keeping God's commands is what counts'.

You can't rectify it with only faith no obey no matter how you try.

You say it is about only faith, and Paul says obey God's commands is what counts.

Jesus did not die in vain for those who obey.

That is nonsense to say, for Jesus died for those on the side of truth, those who fear God and do what is right.

Acts 10:35 but that in every nation those who fear Him and live good lives are acceptable to Him.

Acts 5:32 We are witnesses of these things, and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey him."

Acts 13:26 "Fellow children of Abraham and you God-fearing Gentiles, it is to us that this message of salvation has been sent.

John 18:37 Everyone on the side of truth listens to me."

John 3:21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what they have done has been done in the sight of God.

Jesus died to reconcile us to God, and he does that by cleaning us of the sins we repent of and then living inside of us and putting us in him.

You talk a lot about obedience, yet you have not obeyed the Gospel. You don't want to hear about how Jesus justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and reconciles us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.

beloved57

You talk a lot about obedience, yet you have not obeyed the Gospel. You don't want to hear about how Jesus justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and reconciles us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.

Both of yall the same, believing in salvation by the will of man !

iouae

Gal 3:11
But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith

It is not the purpose of the law to justify. Being made right with God is faith in Jesus' job.

But living by faith implies a lifestyle - hence living.

Every moment of life requires decisions which affect our actions.

Faith should motivate every action, every activity, every word we speak.

In the NT Christian world, Christianity was regarded as a lifestyle rather than a head belief or "faith".
Faith energised every action.

That is why it was perfectly obvious for James to say ...

Jas 2:17
Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.
Jas 2:20
But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?
Jas 2:26
For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

God's Truth

God justifies the ungodly by washing them with His blood, after they repent of their sins.

God's Truth

Invalid comment not in scripture.

Of course it is in the scriptures.

Your sins personally are not washed away until you receive the Holy Spirit; and, you will not receive the Holy Spirit until you have faith and you repent.

We have access to the grace of God by faith, see Romans 5:2.

The Holy Spirit washes us when we receive the Holy Spirit.

Titus 3:5 He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit,

1 Corinthians 6:11 But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

God's Truth

Here are more scriptures for you to study about the washing of water:

Leviticus 16:4 He is to put on the sacred linen tunic, with linen undergarments next to his body; he is to tie the linen sash around him and put on the linen turban. These are sacred garments; so he must bathe himself with water before he puts them on.

Numbers 19:19 The man who is clean is to sprinkle those who are unclean on the third and seventh days, and on the seventh day he is to purify them. Those who are being cleansed must wash their clothes and bathe with water, and that evening they will be clean.

Ezekiel 36:25 I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean; I will cleanse you from all your impurities and from all your idols.

John 13:8 "No," said Peter, "you shall never wash my feet." Jesus answered, "Unless I wash you, you have no part with me."

Acts 22:16 And now what are you waiting for? Get up, be baptized and wash your sins away, calling on his name.'

1 Corinthians 6:11 And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

Ephesians 5:26 to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word,

Titus 3:5 he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit,

Hebrews 7:19 (for the law made nothing perfect), and a better hope is introduced, by which we draw near to God.

Hebrews 9:14 How much more, then, will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself unblemished to God, cleanse our consciences from acts that lead to death, so that we may serve the living God!

Hebrews 9:19 When Moses had proclaimed every command of the law to all the people, he took the blood of calves, together with water, scarlet wool and branches of hyssop, and sprinkled the scroll and all the people.

Hebrews 10:1 The law is only a shadow of the good things that are coming--not the realities themselves. For this reason it can never, by the same sacrifices repeated endlessly year after year, make perfect those who draw near to worship.

Hebrews 12:24 to Jesus the mediator of a new covenant, and to the sprinkled blood that speaks a better word than the blood of Abel.

1 Peter 1:2 who have been chosen according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through the sanctifying work of the Spirit, to be obedient to Jesus Christ and sprinkled with his blood: Grace and peace be yours in abundance.

1 Peter 3:21 and this water symbolizes baptism that now saves you also--not the removal of dirt from the body but the pledge of a clear conscience toward God. It saves you by the resurrection of Jesus Christ,

I posted these scriptures for you so that you can see how ANYONE could do the old law works, AND ANYONE can be washed by Jesus AFTER they come to him in repentance of sins. God does NOT save unbelievers as the Calvinists preach.
We must come to God and believe that HIS BLOOD WASHES us of the sins we repent of doing.

beloved57

Of course it is in the scriptures.

Your sins personally are not washed away until you receive the Holy Spirit; and, you will not receive the Holy Spirit until you have faith and you repent.

We have access to the grace of God by faith, see Romans 5:2.

The Holy Spirit washes us when we receive the Holy Spirit.

Titus 3:5 He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit,

1 Corinthians 6:11 But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

Rabbit trail!

Robert Pate

Banned
Here are more scriptures for you to study about the washing of water:

Leviticus 16:4 He is to put on the sacred linen tunic, with linen undergarments next to his body; he is to tie the linen sash around him and put on the linen turban. These are sacred garments; so he must bathe himself with water before he puts them on.

Numbers 19:19 The man who is clean is to sprinkle those who are unclean on the third and seventh days, and on the seventh day he is to purify them. Those who are being cleansed must wash their clothes and bathe with water, and that evening they will be clean.

Ezekiel 36:25 I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean; I will cleanse you from all your impurities and from all your idols.

John 13:8 "No," said Peter, "you shall never wash my feet." Jesus answered, "Unless I wash you, you have no part with me."

Acts 22:16 And now what are you waiting for? Get up, be baptized and wash your sins away, calling on his name.'

1 Corinthians 6:11 And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

Ephesians 5:26 to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word,

Titus 3:5 he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit,

Hebrews 7:19 (for the law made nothing perfect), and a better hope is introduced, by which we draw near to God.

Hebrews 9:14 How much more, then, will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself unblemished to God, cleanse our consciences from acts that lead to death, so that we may serve the living God!

Hebrews 9:19 When Moses had proclaimed every command of the law to all the people, he took the blood of calves, together with water, scarlet wool and branches of hyssop, and sprinkled the scroll and all the people.

Hebrews 10:1 The law is only a shadow of the good things that are coming--not the realities themselves. For this reason it can never, by the same sacrifices repeated endlessly year after year, make perfect those who draw near to worship.

Hebrews 12:24 to Jesus the mediator of a new covenant, and to the sprinkled blood that speaks a better word than the blood of Abel.

1 Peter 1:2 who have been chosen according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through the sanctifying work of the Spirit, to be obedient to Jesus Christ and sprinkled with his blood: Grace and peace be yours in abundance.

1 Peter 3:21 and this water symbolizes baptism that now saves you also--not the removal of dirt from the body but the pledge of a clear conscience toward God. It saves you by the resurrection of Jesus Christ,

I posted these scriptures for you so that you can see how ANYONE could do the old law works, AND ANYONE can be washed by Jesus AFTER they come to him in repentance of sins. God does NOT save unbelievers as the Calvinists preach.
We must come to God and believe that HIS BLOOD WASHES us of the sins we repent of doing.

You place 0 emphasis on the Gospel and justification by faith.

Jesus did far more than wash you. He fulfilled the law for you and then abolished it so that you would not be judged by it, Ephesians 2:15. But you insist that you must keep the law and in doing so deny that he fulfilled it for you. You are under the law and will be judged by the law and will be condemned by the law, Galatians 3:10.

God's Truth

Jesus did far more than wash you. He fulfilled the law for you and then abolished it so that you would not be judged by it, Ephesians 2:15. But you insist that you must keep the law and in doing so deny that he fulfilled it for you. You are under the law and will be judged by the law and will be condemned by the law, Galatians 3:10.

There is a new law, a new Covenant. Jesus gave the rules and regulations for the new Covenant, and Paul was a minister of it.

2 Corinthians 3:6 He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant—not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

Paul even has the Gentiles having the Lord's Supper of when Jesus made that Covenant.

Paul teaches it and quotes Jesus:

Romans 11:27
For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

1 Corinthians 11:25
In the same way, after supper he took the cup, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood; do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me.”

clefty

There is a new law, a new Covenant. Jesus gave the rules and regulations for the new Covenant, and Paul was a minister of it.

2 Corinthians 3:6 He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant—not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

Paul even has the Gentiles having the Lord's Supper of when Jesus made that Covenant.

In the same way, after supper he took the cup, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood; do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me.”

A 9/10ths covenant...which means you are stealing His day away so its 8/10ths...which means you are worshiping Him with false worship...7/10ths...lying to do so...6/10ths...

Paul said to celebrate the festival with unleavened bread of spirit and truth...so you reject his ministry too...

God's Truth

A 9/10ths covenant...which means you are stealing His day away so its 8/10ths...which means you are worshiping Him with false worship...7/10ths...lying to do so...6/10ths...

Paul said to celebrate the festival with unleavened bread of spirit and truth...so you reject his ministry too...

All the purification works of the law are now done by Jesus.

All of them.

The special days were all about Jesus.

It was just a shadow of the one who was coming.

There are no shadows in Christ.

They were teaching tools to hold the people over.

The Teacher is here and we don't need teaching tools anymore.

The food is symbolic of different people and religions.

No one food is unclean anymore and neither or people when God makes them clean.

The kingdom is not a matter of food and drink.

Various baths before being able to go to the temple doesn't matter anymore either.

No daily and evening lamb sacrifices and no animal sacrifices at all anymore.

Jesus the Lamb of God and his blood cleans us.

We don't have to do any of those purification works anymore because Jesus cleans us.

beloved57

You teach that sinners Christ died for are still lost and condemned. That's saying in essence His Death did absolutely nothing! They're just as lost and condemned as if He nevet died for them!

beloved57

Neither of you believe that Christ blood saved them it was shed for.

clefty

All the purification works of the law are now done by Jesus.

All of them.

The special days were all about Jesus.

It was just a shadow of the one who was coming.

There are no shadows in Christ.

They were teaching tools to hold the people over.

The Teacher is here and we don't need teaching tools anymore.

The food is symbolic of different people and religions.

No one food is unclean anymore and neither or people when God makes them clean.

The kingdom is not a matter of food and drink.

Various baths before being able to go to the temple doesn't matter anymore either.

No daily and evening lamb sacrifices and no animal sacrifices at all anymore.

Jesus the Lamb of God and his blood cleans us.

We don't have to do any of those purification works anymore because Jesus cleans us.

Paul is clear not once but TWICE:

“These ARE a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ”...

“The law IS only a shadow of the good things that are coming...”

One Law...still present tense...

Only one type of teacher doesnt use, even counters the teaching tools...destroys them...makes them null and void...false teachers like you

You need to change your signature please:

Do not just read the word do SOME of it...what ever appeals to you...

Last edited:

Robert Pate

Banned

Jesus himself is the New Covenant. There are no new laws. Where there is law there is judgment and condemnation. See Hebrews 8:6-13.

God's Truth

Jesus himself is the New Covenant. There are no new laws. Where there is law there is judgment and condemnation. See Hebrews 8:6-13.

Of course Jesus came with new laws.

He said believe that he forgives sins and they are forgiven.

Do you find that in the old law? hahahaha

Jesus says no more eye for eye, no hand for hand, not foot for foot.

That is about going against the old law and making a new law.

Jesus says getting angry is equivalent to murder, and lusting for another is equivalent to adultery.

Jesus also says one husband and one wife.

There had used to be three times.

You are badly mistaken.

You should check yourself.

You preach against the truth.

Hebrews 7:12 For when the priesthood is changed, the law must be changed also.

Jesus made a new law and it was for the new Covenant.

Save yourself and repent.

Status
Not open for further replies.