Paul: "The Just (Justified) Shall Live By Faith" and not by rules, laws or religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

clefty

Trying to obey the commandments is a work of the law. Paul Said, "Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin" Romans 3:20.

So throwing out the law makes for no knowledge of sin...BRILLIANT!...just live as you want and claim “I AM IN CHRIST!”

God's Truth

Trying to obey the commandments is a work of the law. Paul Said, "Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin" Romans 3:20.

There is a New Covenant with new commands.

You should go study about it.

1 Corinthians 7:19 Circumcision is nothing and uncircumcision is nothing. Keeping God’s commands is what counts.

God's Truth

never did and were actually merely symbolic...
That is not what scripture says:

Hebrews 9:13 For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh:

if I expect them to replace the work He did...but I dont...
What are you doing and why?

sure you can...

my body is the temple..

I am a priest...

I think you no we were talking about the old law.

right no longer need of blood letting...but there remains more than that...and many other things to celebrate...

We celebrate the Lord every day all day. Observing special days is worthless.

yup said that already...not doing any of this to be justified but because He did it for me...I am just a little boy of my Father’s trying to fill His shoes...be more like Him

It has been fulfilled and we are not told to do it.

yes no bitterness...this is not a holier than thou contest...either you realize what was done for you and in gratitude wish to obey what is asked of you or you don't...
You are caught now since you said we are asked to obey it. We are not asked to obey it. Not only that, we are not to let anyone judge us for not doing it.

clefty

That is not what scripture says:

Hebrews 9:13 For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh:

Big if there...evident by Israel’s sinlessness?

They say it is good to keep reading the Bible...here is another reason why:

Chapter 10For the law, having a shadow of the good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can NEVER with these same sacrifices, which they offer continually year by year, make those who approach perfect. 2 For then would they not have ceased to be offered? For the worshipers, once purified, would have had no more consciousness of sins. 3 But in those sacrifices there is a reminder of sins every year. 4 For it is NOT possible that the blood of bulls and goats could take away sins.

What are you doing and why?
the short answer...obeying Him...following Him His way...BECAUSE of what He did for me...and asked me to if I love Him and I DO...all these shadows help me better understand the good things STILL to come...

I think you no we were talking about the old law.

We establish law...the law we establish indicates the One we worship...and the depth of our understanding of what was done and the joy of “do this and live”...

We celebrate the Lord every day all day. Observing special days is worthless.
You are calling His will and what is His for us worthless? He who made us knows what is best for us...not you who seems to wish to do the least...not all but those that Keep the commandments of God...here are they...who keep them and the faith OF Him...His faith...the same one the church in the wilderness kept...

It has been fulfilled and we are not told to do it.
even praying the Sabbath be kept during future times of trouble is more important than prayers you are preserved...

You are caught now since you said we are asked to obey it. We are not asked to obey it. Not only that, we are not to let anyone judge us for not doing it.

Lol...you and your pharisaical “AH HA! GOTCHA!”

Of course we are asked to obey it...I said some of us realize it and some of us don’t...you obviously dont

As for judging...of course the body of Christ is supposed to groom each other...throw out one to Satan even...

We are to judge angels and the world...best to practice on each other...

Paul affirms this:

16 Therefore let NO MAN JUDGE YOU(in eating and drinking or in respect of a festival or of an observance of the new moon or of a sabbath; 17 for those things are a shadow of the things to come,)BUT THE BODY OF CHRIST.

http://www.cogwriter.com/news/churc...sons-more-do-not-keep-the-biblical-holy-days/

Are we each other’s keeper or not?

God's Truth

Big if there...evident by Israel’s sinlessness?

They say it is good to keep reading the Bible...here is another reason why:

Chapter 10For the law, having a shadow of the good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can NEVER with these same sacrifices, which they offer continually year by year, make those who approach perfect. 2 For then would they not have ceased to be offered? For the worshipers, once purified, would have had no more consciousness of sins. 3 But in those sacrifices there is a reminder of sins every year. 4 For it is NOT possible that the blood of bulls and goats could take away sins.

the short answer...obeying Him...following Him His way...BECAUSE of what He did for me...and asked me to if I love Him and I DO...all these shadows help me better understand the good things STILL to come...

We establish law...the law we establish indicates the One we worship...and the depth of our understanding of what was done and the joy of “do this and live”...

You are calling His will and what is His for us worthless? He who made us knows what is best for us...not you who seems to wish to do the least...not all but those that Keep the commandments of God...here are they...who keep them and the faith OF Him...His faith...the same one the church in the wilderness kept...

even praying the Sabbath be kept during future times of trouble is more important than prayers you are preserved...

Lol...you and your pharisaical “AH HA! GOTCHA!”

Of course we are asked to obey it...I said some of us realize it and some of us don’t...you obviously dont

As for judging...of course the body of Christ is supposed to groom each other...throw out one to Satan even...

We are to judge angels and the world...best to practice on each other...

Paul affirms this:

16 Therefore let NO MAN JUDGE YOU(in eating and drinking or in respect of a festival or of an observance of the new moon or of a sabbath; 17 for those things are a shadow of the things to come,)BUT THE BODY OF CHRIST.

http://www.cogwriter.com/news/churc...sons-more-do-not-keep-the-biblical-holy-days/

Are we each other’s keeper or not?

God doesn't tell us to do any of the purification/ceremonial works.

iouae

If you are living by rules, laws, or religion, you are NOT living by faith.

Because we regard Christianity as a faith, a set of beliefs and doctrines, we would rather vote for the chap who says he is a Christian and anti-abortion and anti-gay, than the person who actually LIVES a Christian lifestyle by controlling his tongue.

Jas 1:26
If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain

eleos

You are getting your "laws" confused.

There is the Moral eternal law: The 10 commandments

There is the Law of Moses which had to do with the sacrificial system.

"Blotting out (abolishing) the handwriting of the ordinances (the law) that was against us, WHICH WAS CONTRARY TO US and took it out of the way by nailing it to his cross" Colossians 2:14.

i.e. "handwriting of the ordinances" ... those laws were nailed to the cross

Gods eternal law - 10 commandments - stands forever -

"For by the law is the knowledge of sin" Romans 3:20.

If not for the law (10 commandments) we would not know what sin is. If not for the law, there would be no sin.

We, within ourselves do not have the power to overcome sin .... when one accepts Christ and He manifests himself in us ... He begins the process (over our lifetime) of bringing us in to conformity with the eternal law. Little by little He helps us overcome our sin as long as we stay close to Him and LOVE Him.

John 14

21 Whoever has my commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves me. And he who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and manifest myself to him.” 22 Judas (not Iscariot) said to him, “Lord, how is it that you will manifest yourself to us, and not to the world?” 23 Jesus answered him, “If anyone loves me, he will keep my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him. 24 Whoever does not love me does not keep my words.

Robert Pate

Banned
You are getting your "laws" confused.

There is the Moral eternal law: The 10 commandments

There is the Law of Moses which had to do with the sacrificial system.

"Blotting out (abolishing) the handwriting of the ordinances (the law) that was against us, WHICH WAS CONTRARY TO US and took it out of the way by nailing it to his cross" Colossians 2:14.

i.e. "handwriting of the ordinances" ... those laws were nailed to the cross

Gods eternal law - 10 commandments - stands forever -

"For by the law is the knowledge of sin" Romans 3:20.

If not for the law (10 commandments) we would not know what sin is. If not for the law, there would be no sin.

We, within ourselves do not have the power to overcome sin .... when one accepts Christ and He manifests himself in us ... He begins the process (over our lifetime) of bringing us in to conformity with the eternal law. Little by little He helps us overcome our sin as long as we stay close to Him and LOVE Him.

John 14

21 Whoever has my commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves me. And he who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and manifest myself to him.” 22 Judas (not Iscariot) said to him, “Lord, how is it that you will manifest yourself to us, and not to the world?” 23 Jesus answered him, “If anyone loves me, he will keep my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him. 24 Whoever does not love me does not keep my words.

There is the leading of the law, which will produce sin and hypocrisy, Romans 7:7-12. And then there is the leading of the Holy Spirit, which brings life and peace, 2 Corinthians 3:6.

Only those that are "In Christ" are led by the Holy Spirit. The rest of the religious are led by the law and are under judgment and condemnation. To be led By the Holy Spirit and to be "In Christ" is to live by faith. Those that are "In Christ" and are led by the Spirit will live a blameless Christian life, simply because it is a Spirit led life. It is not a perfect life, but it is a life lived above the flesh and sin.

clefty

God doesn't tell us to do any of the purification/ceremonial works.

Sure He does...keep My commandments...follow Me...His example...not because you have to but because you want to...

This is exactly what He taught that it is NOT what goes into the mouth of a man that dirties him but that his mindset was already made up to allow dirt to enter his mouth...

What comes out of yours reveals an uncircumcised heart more intent on doing less because of what was done for you than “what else can I do to show my love and gratitude for Him”

We don’t clean the house and do chores in order to earn the house but because it is already ours...

It has always been live by faith...mercy rather than sacrifice...

They were saved from slavery first and then given the Law...

God's Truth

Sure He does...keep My commandments...follow Me...His example...not because you have to but because you want to...
No purification works because only he can clean you.

This is exactly what He taught that it is NOT what goes into the mouth of a man that dirties him but that his mindset was already made up to allow dirt to enter his mouth...
That is an addition to His Word that is not there nor insinuated.

What comes out of yours reveals an uncircumcised heart more intent on doing less because of what was done for you than “what else can I do to show my love and gratitude for Him”

You prove to be evil condemning me the way you have. You have shown that it is you whose hert is not circumcised. See Matthew 7:2.

We don’t clean the house and do chores in order to earn the house but because it is already ours...

You don't even speak what the scriptures say.

It has always been live by faith...mercy rather than sacrifice...

They were saved from slavery first and then given the Law...

What?

God's Truth

By their fruit...

“Do not just read the Word do it” except for what He actually did...just as...and as a model to exemplify what we are to do...

Jesus tells us what to do and the scriptures say Jesus fulfilled the works of the law, i.e. circumcision and special day worship, etc.

You don't do what is fulfilled already.

You are a icky foul mouth, and have condemned someone you should have none better not to.

clefty

Jesus tells us what to do and the scriptures say Jesus fulfilled the works of the law, i.e. circumcision and special day worship, etc.

You don't do what is fulfilled already.

You are a icky foul mouth, and have condemned someone you should have none better not to.

Pray that the Sabbath be kept in the coming time of trouble...

Paul said keep the feast with new unleavened bread...

Peter kept kosher...

God's Truth

Pray that the Sabbath be kept in the coming time of trouble...

Paul said keep the feast with new unleavened bread...

Peter kept kosher...

The scripture doesn't say pray that the Sabbath be kept in the coming time of trouble.

Paul didn't say to keep what you say.

Peter was 'kosher'?

You speak nothing of the Word of God.

God's Truth

Fake Jews here.

Revelation 3:9 I will make those who are of the synagogue of Satan, who claim to be Jews though they are not, but are liars--I will make them come and fall down at your feet and acknowledge that I have loved you.

clefty

Fake Jews here.

Revelation 3:9 I will make those who are of the synagogue of Satan, who claim to be Jews though they are not, but are liars--I will make them come and fall down at your feet and acknowledge that I have loved you.

Lol...Sabbath is not just for jews but was made for man...or by that do you mean He lied?

“Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

Please show me where His faith included Sunday Ham dinners after church...we are to do as He did yes? WWJD?

Status
Not open for further replies.