Paul says that Jesus is the LORD GOD

Right Divider

Body part
Rom 14:10-12 (AKJV/PCE)
(14:10) But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ. (14:11) For it is written, [As] I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God. (14:12) So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.

This is the passage that Paul is quoting from:

Isa 45:21-23 (AKJV/PCE)
(45:21) Tell ye, and bring [them] near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? [who] hath told it from that time? [have] not I the LORD? and [there is] no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; [there is] none beside me. (45:22) Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I [am] God, and [there is] none else. (45:23) I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth [in] righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.

Again Paul says this in Philippians:

Phil 2:9-11 (AKJV/PCE)
(2:9) Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: (2:10) That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of [things] in heaven, and [things] in earth, and [things] under the earth; (2:11) And [that] every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ [is] Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Old Hat

Rom 14:10-12 (AKJV/PCE)
(14:10) But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ. (14:11) For it is written, [As] I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God. (14:12) So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.

This is the passage that Paul is quoting from:
Isa 45:21-23 (AKJV/PCE)
(45:21) Tell ye, and bring [them] near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? [who] hath told it from that time? [have] not I the LORD? and [there is] no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; [there is] none beside me. (45:22) Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I [am] God, and [there is] none else. (45:23) I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth [in] righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.

Again Paul says this in Philippians:
Phil 2:9-11 (AKJV/PCE)
(2:9) Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: (2:10) That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of [things] in heaven, and [things] in earth, and [things] under the earth; (2:11) And [that] every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ [is] Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Amen.

TrevorL

Greetings Right Divider,

Paul says that Jesus is the LORD GOD​

Paul says this in Philippians:
Phil 2:9-11 (AKJV/PCE)(2:9) Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: (2:10) That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of [things] in heaven, and [things] in earth, and [things] under the earth; (2:11) And [that] every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ [is] Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
No Jesus is the Son of God, the Son of the One God, Yahweh, God the Father. As a result of his submission to God His Father he has now been highly exalted, and sits at the right hand of God, in God the Father's Throne. Jesus represents Yahweh, and when we bow the knee in obeisance to Jesus this redounds to the Glory of the One God, Yahweh, God the Father as Philippians 2:9-11 teaches.

Kind regards
Trevor

Right Divider

Body part
Greetings Right Divider,

No Jesus is the Son of God, the Son of the One God, Yahweh, God the Father. As a result of his submission to God His Father he has now been highly exalted, and sits at the right hand of God, in God the Father's Throne. Jesus represents Yahweh, and when we bow the knee in obeisance to Jesus this redounds to the Glory of the One God, Yahweh, God the Father as Philippians 2:9-11 teaches.

Kind regards
Trevor
Greetings Heretic,

Jesus is God. The Son of God is God. The ONLY BEGOTTEN Son is God.

Jesus asserts His deity all the time during His earthly ministry and in the rest of scripture, but you don't listen.

TrevorL

Greetings again Right Divider,
Greetings Heretic,
Jesus is God. The Son of God is God. The ONLY BEGOTTEN Son is God.
Jesus asserts His deity all the time during His earthly ministry and in the rest of scripture, but you don't listen.
Nice to hear from you again. It was interesting to see Old Hat resurrect this very old thread from a part of the forum that I did not know existed. I do not mind being called a heretic by someone who I assume is a Trinitarian. I believe that there is One God, Yahweh, God the Father and our Lord Jesus Christ is a human, now exalted to sit at the right hand of God in God the Father's Throne and Jesus is the Son of God by birth, character and resurrection - very heretical indeed. Just as well the Catholics no longer have the power or authority to torture or burn heretics. Perhaps you would be in the audience cheering on the procedure.

Kind regards
Trevor

Right Divider

Body part

Nice to hear from you again. It was interesting to see Old Hat resurrect this very old thread from a part of the forum that I did not know existed. I do not mind being called a heretic by someone who I assume is a Trinitarian. I believe that there is One God, Yahweh, God the Father and our Lord Jesus Christ is a human, now exalted to sit at the right hand of God in God the Father's Throne and Jesus is the Son of God by birth, character and resurrection - very heretical indeed. Just as well the Catholics no longer have the power or authority to torture or burn heretics. Perhaps you would be in the audience cheering on the procedure.

Kind regards
Trevor
Greeting again Heretic,

I am a Christian and Christians believe God and His Word... which means that I believe that the Father, Son and Holy Spirit are all God... just like the Bible says.

Your problem is that you believe that Jesus was JUST a man. In reality, He is God in the flesh... just like the Bible says.

Jesus was with God the Father before the world was:

John 17:5 (AKJV/PCE)
(17:5) And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

Since I'm not Catholic, I would not participate in anything that they do. But I would not cheer, but mourn you as I do now. You are headed for destruction and that is sad.

Even kinder regards,
RD

Last edited:

TrevorL

Greeting again Heretic, I am a Christian
As I said, I am happy to be called a heretic by a Trinitarian. It aligns you with the persecution of the faithful over the centuries by the RCC. Roman Catholics and the full range of different and opposing denominations also claim to be Christian. The real question is whether an individual is a similar Christian to those represented by the Apostles and the faithful in the First Century.
Your problem is that you believe that Jesus was JUST a man.
No, I believe that Jesus is a unique human, a specially prepared man for the great work that he needed to accomplish Isaiah 11:1-5, and he is the Son of God by birth, character and resurrection.
In reality, He is God in the flesh... just like the Bible says.
Jesus as the Son of God revealed God His Father.
John 14:8–11 (KJV): 8 Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us. 9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father? 10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works. 11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works’ sake.
Jesus is not revealing himself as God the Son, but as the Son of God he revealed the One God, Yahweh, God the Father, God His Father.
Jesus was with God before the world was:
John 17:5 (AKJV/PCE): (17:5) And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.
We could have a discussion of all the verses that would be used by Trinitarians and also those used by Unitarians and I suggest that most of these have been considered in other threads. I have also added a thread "The Yahweh Name" which is a major part of my understanding.

Concerning John 17:5 my tentative answer is the following. as it speaks in the past tense of the glorification of Jesus. It was future when David penned this Psalm, but it has now been fulfilled since the resurrection of Jesus and his invitation to sit at the right hand of God, in God the Father's Throne Psalm 110:1, Revelation 3:21-22.
Psalm 8:4–6 (KJV): 4 What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him? 5 For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour. 6 Thou madest him to have dominion over the works of thy hands; thou hast put all things under his feet:
I suggest that Jesus is alluding to this, and uses the same type of language. God speaks in the past tense because of the surety of these things being fulfilled, and as such this would have been a great encouragement to Jesus in his sufferings.
Romans 4:17 (KJV): 17 (As it is written, I have made thee a father of many nations,) before him whom he believed, even God, who quickeneth the dead, and calleth those things which be not as though they were.

Kind regards
Trevor

Right Divider

Body part
As I said, I am happy to be called a heretic by a Trinitarian.
That's sad. You like to be called anti-Christ by Christians. Sad indeed.
It aligns you with the persecution of the faithful over the centuries by the RCC.
False accusations will get you nowhere.
Roman Catholics and the full range of different and opposing denominations also claim to be Christian. The real question is whether an individual is a similar Christian to those represented by the Apostles and the faithful in the First Century.
False association. You are a false accusers.
No, I believe that Jesus is a unique human, a specially prepared man for the great work that he needed to accomplish Isaiah 11:1-5, and he is the Son of God by birth, character and resurrection.
He is the Son of God by NATURE. i.e., He is God.

Come to Christ or enjoy your sad fate.

TrevorL

That's sad. You like to be called anti-Christ by Christians. Sad indeed.
I trace the theme of The Antichrist from Daniel 7 and the little horn of the fourth beast. I understand the period of time for the supremacy of this power and persecution of the faithful to be 1260 years, covering two overlapping periods of time, from Justinian 529-533 AD to the French Revolution AD 1879-1883, and the Decree of Phocas AD 610 to the loss of the Papal States AD 1870. These changes greatly limited the Papal Power.
He is the Son of God by NATURE. i.e., He is God.
I do not endorse the TWO NATURES concept, as I believe Jesus was born a human.
Romans 8:3 (KJV): For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

Hebrews 2:9–14 (KJV): 9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man. 10 For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings. 11 For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren, 12 Saying, I will declare thy name unto my brethren, in the midst of the church will I sing praise unto thee. 13 And again, I will put my trust in him. And again, Behold I and the children which God hath given me. 14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

1 John 4:1–3 (KJV): 1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. 2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: 3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

Come to Christ or enjoy your sad fate.
Psalm 8:1-9, Matthew 11:25-27, 28-30

Kind regards
Trevor

Right Divider

Body part

I trace the theme of The Antichrist from Daniel 7 and the little horn of the fourth beast. I understand the period of time for the supremacy of this power and persecution of the faithful to be 1260 years, covering two overlapping periods of time, from Justinian 529-533 AD to the French Revolution AD 1879-1883, and the Decree of Phocas AD 610 to the loss of the Papal States AD 1870. These changes greatly limited the Papal Power.
Anti-Christ is anyone or anything that opposes Christ, like you.

1John 2:18 (AKJV/PCE)
(2:18) Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.
I do not endorse the TWO NATURES concept, as I believe Jesus was born a human.
That is your own personal problem. You do not endorse the truth.

Eph 4:5 (AKJV/PCE)
(4:5) One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

1Cor 15:47 (AKJV/PCE)
(15:47) The first man [is] of the earth, earthy: the second man [is] the Lord from heaven.

Josh 22:34 (AKJV/PCE)
(22:34) And the children of Reuben and the children of Gad called the altar [Ed]: for it [shall be] a witness between us that the LORD [is] God.

Jesus is God in the flesh. Jesus is the creator of all things. Col 1:15-20

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
That's a fake, worthless "amen", @Old Hat. Remember, you're a Son-denier just like your heretical, anti-Trinitarian brother in Satan, @TrevorL:
Jesus is the Father
Actually, @TrevorL denies the deity of the Son, but you not only deny the deity of the Son--you even deny His personality. You misappropriate the names of the Son and misapply them to the Father, instead of to the Son, thereby showing that you have neither the Son nor the Father.