PastorKevin is spiritually bankrupt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

red77

What do you make of this statement by Jesus?

Mat 7:20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

i think that this speaks more about our actions and how we conduct our lives in general, I dont think that labelling anyone as unchristian relects any of these fruits no matter who is saying it to whom....

zoo22

Any Christian that brags that they have a "better" relationship with Jesus Christ than another Christian smacks of pride. :rolleyes:

Yup.

agreed, although it cuts all ways

Yep.

How can someone claim another is a Pharisee and spiritually bankrupt because they believe Christ Jesus is God?

Out of curiosity, are you actually surprised? Or no? It just doesn't strike me as very odd. People all the time around here are telling each other how wrong they are and how unChristian or spiritually bankrupt they are, without necessarily using that particular term. It doesn't take long to sort through the threads to see how often someone is condemned to hell. I've been told I'm Godless simply because those words to the left of this post say "more left than right." (A terrorist too, but that's not as much a religious issue ;) ). Is Godless the same as "spiritually bankrupt?" I'd say so. If a Christian is referred to as "The Anti-Christ" does that mean the same thing as spiritually bankrupt? I'd think so. Being "against Christians?" is that spiritually bankrupt? How many people here think that Catholics are going to hell? I assume that means spiritually bankrupt. If someone says it's not, it seems like mincing... It all seems about the same to me.

I would guess there are a number of people at TOL who believe (know?) that about 95% or more of the people here are going to burn in hell for eternity.

:plain:

Regarding religion/Christianity if someone believes God is one thing and someone believes God is another and they're preaching it wouldn't each essentially think the other was a Pharisee? Spiritually bankrupt is pretty far to the extreme, especially in this case, but I can certainly see how one could consider it that way. I'm not commenting either way on the matter as far as individuals go, but I certainly am not surprised. Not only does everyone around here "know" they're right, they especially "know" everyone else is wrong. And that's where most of the focus is.

Whatever floats the boats and gets folks to sleep at night.

I guess I'm just saying it doesn't surprise me. And I'm fairly surprised it would surprise anyone here. Don't we see essentially the same thing everyday?

Personally, I think the Pharisee references get silly, because we're in different times, and it's just different... But I can understand it. And admittedly yes, I essentially do consider some people here as Pharisees, in a general sense. I just don't throw it around. I think many people just love throwing things from the Bible at other people. Like a brick. Or stone or whatever.

And yeah, I agree with Silk Queen too.

Of course, "Pride" is an issue with many people.

Yip.

called_out

You ought to know oh, god. :rotfl:

You are nothing more than a tiring, self righteous, trouble maker. You have to write threads directed right at people without just replying to their posts. PATHETIC. No Christian in you. Loser with a capital L. :rotfl: You get off on calling everyone wrong, but we will see who was wrong. :wave2: SOZO long! :loser:

red77

You ought to know oh, god. :rotfl:

You are nothing more than a tiring, self righteous, trouble maker. You have to write threads directed right at people without just replying to their posts. PATHETIC. No Christian in you. Loser with a capital L. :rotfl: You get off on calling everyone wrong, but we will see who was wrong. :wave2: SOZO long! :loser:

Um, this is a bit overboard isnt it?

elohiym

You are nothing more than a tiring, self righteous, trouble maker.
Evidence? You never provide any evidence, just more insults. Whereas, when I claim something about you I attempt to offer some evidence and a reasonable explanation as to why I feel that way about you.

I know that had Jesus called you a viper, hypocrite, or whited tomb, you would have called him a tiring, self-righteous, trouble maker, too. So I am actually blessed by your post.

You have to write threads directed right at people without just replying to their posts. PATHETIC. No Christian in you. Loser with a capital L. :rotfl:
It appears that you like to dish it out, but when someone gives you a taste of your own medicine you cry like a baby and show how hypocritical you are. Don't you remember your "threads directed right at people without just replying to their posts?" Remember All who say they are a Christian was directed at me, and so was Mind boggling ignorance!. Therefore, by your own words you are judged as "pathetic" and there is "no Christian in you." By your own words, that also makes you the "Loser with a capital L."

I don't have to call you those things because you have judged yourself (Mat 7:2). "For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned" (Mat 12:37).

You get off on calling everyone wrong, but we will see who was wrong.
Actually, I am on a theological debate forum where I defend my position, as I should. Plenty of people around here do not agree with me on various issues, but I can agree to to disagree with them.

:wave2: SOZO long! :loser:
Bye!

PKevman

I'm not too concerned with what this guy says. God knows my heart. I have put on the full armor of God to stand against the devil's attacks. I know Christ is in my life and in my heart, and He has changed my life. God delivered me from (among other things) drug, alcohol, and smoking addictions 11 years ago. I live every day of my life in praise of Him, and everyone who knows me knows that is true. Those who don't know me can think what they want, I go by what God says in His Word.

elohiym

What I want to understand is why he said those things about you solely because you believe Christ Jesus is the son of God. I want him to explain himself on this thread, and if he cannot explain himself, then I want him to apologize to you. If he can explain himself, and his answer is reasonable, then he is entitled to his opinion even if he is wrong.

When I claim called_out has the spirit of antichrist, I explain to him why I believe that, and I provide him with scriptures that support my claim, and examples of what he said that make those scriptures apply to him. How else can I expect him to repent or have God cast that spirit out of him if I will not share with him how I came to that conclusion about him?

Hank

I'm not too concerned with what this guy says. God knows my heart. I have put on the full armor of God to stand against the devil's attacks. I know Christ is in my life and in my heart, and He has changed my life. God delivered me from (among other things) drug, alcohol, and smoking addictions 11 years ago. I live every day of my life in praise of Him, and everyone who knows me knows that is true. Those who don't know me can think what they want, I go by what God says in His Word.

Well that clarifies a lot. In the immortal words of Toby Keith, in a play on the “there is nothing worse than a reformed whore” quote, he sings “I sobered up and I got to thinkin, you ain’t much fun since I quit drinking”

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
How can someone claim another is a Pharisee and spiritually bankrupt because they believe Christ Jesus is God?
Easy. Here's how. Do you believe the Christ Jesus is God? If you do, then you are a Pharisee and spiritually bankrupt. Case closed.

I must admit I need some help here. The Pharisees did not accept that the Christ Jesus was God, so calling someone a Pharisee for believing it is contradictory. As to the spiritually bankrupt part, I believe that's a throwaway assertion that sounds impressive and is really meaningless.

I further admit that when I saw the post, my immediate reaction was :rotfl:.

elohiym

Easy. Here's how. Do you believe the Christ Jesus is God? If you do, then you are a Pharisee and spiritually bankrupt. Case closed.
I assume that was just an example of how easy it is for a person to claim that, and that you do believe Christ Jesus is God. Correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.