PARADISE ON EARTH---don't we all really want it?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Excellent, meshak. You are teachable, which is what "meek" inherently means. People like you will "inherit the earth" (Matthew 5:5). It's so sad that many people say they follow the Bible but ignore most of what it says.

They also so taught me about contextual reading. After that, I don't have much problem reading the Bible.:)

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Then tell me why, please. Read your own Tanakh and tell me how it disagrees with the JPS rendering. How do you understand those verses that I quoted?

Shalom.

Today is Rishon, Aviv 23. It is evening, night.

I do not know how to help you.

Shalom.

Jacob

KingdomRose

Shalom.

Today is Rishon, Aviv 23. It is evening, night.

I do not know how to help you.

Shalom.

Jacob

You could start by just answering my questions, which are not difficult to understand. You say that you don't have a JPS Bible so you won't comment on the verses I posted. Then I said, Well tell me what YOUR VERSION OF THE TANAKH says concerning those verses, but you won't do that. Why?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You could start by just answering my questions, which are not difficult to understand. You say that you don't have a JPS Bible so you won't comment on the verses I posted. Then I said, Well tell me what YOUR VERSION OF THE TANAKH says concerning those verses, but you won't do that. Why?
Today is Sheni (Second) evening and morning Aviv 24. It is night. Omer 9.

It is not a different reading, it is your understanding. There is a Tanach at Chabad.org that you might be interested in. You were teaching your perspective, and I cannot correct that.

The Complete Tanach with Rashi's Commentary

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Do you understand ANYTHING when you read your Tanakh?
Today is Shlishli (Third) Aviv 25. It is Yom, Day. Tacoma, Washington.

I don't know where my Tanakh is, or if I even have one. I did buy one. Someone showed me the word cereal. And I believe someone asked for my Tanakh. I do not live with my parents any more.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That's all she's got folks.

God didn't need any help, according Meshak. Not even a body to die on the cross, according to Meshak.
She doesn't believe scripture.

Acts 20 KJV
(27) For I have not shunned to declare unto you all the counsel of God.
(28) Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

glorydaz

Excellent, meshak. You are teachable, which is what "meek" inherently means. People like you will "inherit the earth" (Matthew 5:5). It's so sad that many people say they follow the Bible but ignore most of what it says.

Yes, by teachable you JW's always mean gullible....and that Meshak is....to anything that denies Jesus Christ is the Lord God Creator.

glorydaz

Acts 20 KJV
(28) Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

Yep, He came to die, and the cults hate that.

KingdomRose

Yes, by teachable you JW's always mean gullible....and that Meshak is....to anything that denies Jesus Christ is the Lord God Creator.

She has never indicated that she denies that Jesus is the Lord and our Savior. In fact, that is what she always says that she believes. You unkindly twist what she says and ignore important Bible statements. Jesus did not ever say that he was God, and it is extremely unkind of you to say that he did. He is not going to let that blasphemy go unanswered forever. Soon he will show everyone on Earth that his Father alone is God, and all power and authority comes FROM the Father, Jehovah.

"Jesus said to her:...'I am ascending to my Father and your Father and to MY GOD and your God.'" (John 20:17)

KingdomRose

Acts 20 KJV

You aren't very knowledgeable about the renderings of various manuscripts. That verse that is rendered "purchased with his own blood" has had much attention by scholars, and what they have discerned is that it has been properly translated as, not "his own blood," but "with the blood of his own," most likely God's closest relative---his only begotten Son Jesus Christ. If you care to catch up on scholarly thought, J.H. Moulton in A Grammar of New Testament Greek, Vol.1, p.90 would be of help, as well as The New Testament in the Original Greek by Westcott and Hort, Vol.2, pp.99,100. Check those out to see where you are in error.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
thank you for your witnessing of me, Rose.

I am not knowledgeable about the whole Bible but I know I understand Jesus' simple teachings well.

And that's all it matters to Him, IMO.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You aren't very knowledgeable about the renderings of various manuscripts. That verse that is rendered "purchased with his own blood" has had much attention by scholars, and what they have discerned is that it has been properly translated as, not "his own blood," but "with the blood of his own," most likely God's closest relative---his only begotten Son Jesus Christ. If you care to catch up on scholarly thought, J.H. Moulton in A Grammar of New Testament Greek, Vol.1, p.90 would be of help, as well as The New Testament in the Original Greek by Westcott and Hort, Vol.2, pp.99,100. Check those out to see where you are in error.
I don't have to search the internet for some obscure "scholar" and his rendition.
I can read, write, and speak Hebrew and Greek myself.
And I can tell you that it does not mean that GOD just picked out someone to be His own blood, but that it was His own.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
She has never indicated that she denies that Jesus is the Lord and our Savior. In fact, that is what she always says that she believes. You unkindly twist what she says and ignore important Bible statements. Jesus did not ever say that he was God, and it is extremely unkind of you to say that he did. He is not going to let that blasphemy go unanswered forever. Soon he will show everyone on Earth that his Father alone is God, and all power and authority comes FROM the Father, Jehovah.

"Jesus said to her:...'I am ascending to my Father and your Father and to MY GOD and your God.'" (John 20:17)
If either of you knew scripture, you would know that there is only one LORD, GOD, and SAVIOR.

Isaiah 43 KJV
(11) I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour.

Isaiah 45 KJV
(21) Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the LORD? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me.

Hosea 13 KJV
(4) Yet I am the LORD thy God from the land of Egypt, and thou shalt know no god but me: for there is no saviour beside me.

Acts 4 KJV​
(12) Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.​

Not only does the JW Watchtower organization deny clear scripture, but distorts it to confirm their heresies.

They claim the Lord Jesus Christ was a created (formed) as "a god" by distorting Greek grammar of John 1:1, which makes GOD a liar, as GOD said He would never create (form) a god.

Isaiah 43 KJV​
(10) Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.​

The Watchtower teaches the opposite, that GOD did form a god.
The Watchtower purposely opposes the word of GOD.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I am not knowledgeable about the whole Bible
You could be, but you chose to remain in a box and not bother with the whole word of GOD.
One has to wonder about a person that claims they love GOD, but don't even bother themselves with the whole word of GOD.