ECT Parable of the Kingdom of Heaven explained

iamaberean

Mat 13:10 And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables?
Mat 13:11 He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.
The parables were given to the disciples to know the mysteries of the kingdom. If it was given to the disciples, then we as Christians should be able to understand too.

Mat 13:36 Then Jesus sent the multitude away, and went into the house: and his disciples came unto him, saying, Declare unto us the parable of the tares of the field.
Mat 13:37 He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man;
Mat 13:38 The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one;
The ‘good seed’ are believers.
The ‘tares’ are the wicked.
The field is the ‘world’ the Greek word here is:
kosmos
kos'-mos
Probably from the base of G2865; orderly arrangement, that is, decoration; by implication the world (in a wide or narrow sense, including its inhabitants, literally or figuratively [morally]): - adorning, world.

Mat 13:39 The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.
The harvest is the end of the ‘world’ the Greek word here is:
áé̓ών
aiōn
ahee-ohn'
From the same as G104; properly an age; by extension perpetuity (also past); by implication the world; specifically (Jewish) a Messianic period (present or future): - age, course, eternal, (for) ever (-more), [n-]ever, (beginning of the, while the) world (began, without end).
So, the harvest was to come at the end of the ‘age of Law’ the last day, resurrection day., that is the age the disciples were living in.

Mat 13:40 As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world.
end of this ‘world’ the Greek word here is also ‘aion’.
áé̓ών
aiōn
ahee-ohn'
From the same as G104; properly an age; by extension perpetuity (also past); by implication the world; specifically (Jewish) a Messianic period (present or future): - age, course, eternal, (for) ever (-more), [n-]ever, (beginning of the, while the) world (began, without end).
So, the wicked were to be gathered up at the end of the ‘age of Law’ the last day, resurrection day, and burned.

Mat 13:41 The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;
All that offend and do iniquity are the tares, the wicked.

Mat 13:42 And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.
The wicked (tares) will be gathered up and cast into a furnace of fire.

Mat 13:43 Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.
The righteous are the good seed and they will stay in the field (world).

Mat 13:44 Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto treasure hid in a field; the which when a man hath found, he hideth, and for joy thereof goeth and selleth all that he hath, and buyeth that field.
Mat 13:45 Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a merchant man, seeking goodly pearls:
Mat 13:46 Who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had, and bought it.
Mat 13:47 Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a net, that was cast into the sea, and gathered of every kind:
Mat 13:48 Which, when it was full, they drew to shore, and sat down, and gathered the good into vessels, but cast the bad away.
Mat 13:49 So shall it be at the end of the world: the angels shall come forth, and sever the wicked from among the just,
Mat 13:50 And shall cast them into the furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.
Mat 13:51 Jesus saith unto them, Have ye understood all these things? They say unto him, Yea, Lord.

Jesus repeats the message and then asks them, “Have ye understood all these things?”. They answered ‘Yes”.

Most prophecy teachers can not answer ‘yes’ to Jesus’ question, can you.?.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Paul couldn't get into the kingdom of heaven.
How can you?

The kingdom of heaven and the kingdom of God are the exact same thing.

"He presented another parable to them, saying, “The kingdom of heaven is like a mustard seed . . . (Matt 13:31)

And He said, “How shall we picture the kingdom of God . . . It is like a mustard seed . . . (Mark 4:30-31)

So He was saying, “What is the kingdom of God . . . It is like a mustard seed . . .(Luke 13:18-19)

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I still highly doubt it.

It's so easy to see they are the same exact thing.

The only reason you doubt it is because you have an agenda. You have to make the Bible fit your Dispensationalism.

Anyone without an agenda, can very easily see only Matthew used it, and that they are the same exact thing.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
not necessarily

And Jesus said to His disciples, “Truly I say to you, it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. - Matthew

And Jesus looked at him and said, “How hard it is for those who are wealthy to enter the kingdom of God!
- Luke

There are many more I could list, but it won't change your mind, because you have an agenda.

SaulToPaul 2

And Jesus said to His disciples, “Truly I say to you, it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. - Matthew

And Jesus looked at him and said, “How hard it is for those who are wealthy to enter the kingdom of God!
- Luke

There are many more I could list, but it won't change your mind, because you have an agenda.

Still not convinced.

If the kingdom of heaven is in the kingdom of God, and it is, there are times when they could be used interchangeably (seemingly) without being identical.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Still not convinced.

If the kingdom of heaven is in the kingdom of God, and it is, there are times when they could be used interchangeably (seemingly) without being identical.

Only Matthew used the phrase.

If they were different, don't you think Mark and Luke would have made the distinction?

SaulToPaul 2

Nothing more I do will convince you otherwise.

I see the kingdom of heaven as 144000 who inherit a city, which comes down from heaven. It is part of the kingdom of God.

I see other inheritances in the kingdom of God.

And, you're right, just because the two seem to be interchangeable in a few places does not mean I can be convinced that they're identical.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
70 AD - 30 AD = 40 years (aprox). Can you relate the promise land, old and new, to that?

Just a thought.

Piece of cake

People were led out of physical bondage into a physical promised land

Then people were led from the bondage of sin into a spiritual promised land

In both events, there was a 40 year wait because of unbelief

DAN P

Like I have told you, as long as you continue to be a Dispensationalist, you have an agenda, and have to have them different.

Nothing more I do will convince you otherwise.

Hi , and of course they are used inter-changeable , will you ADMIT that it is Peter , is trying to COMPEL Gentiles and to ADOPT Jewish Customs in Gal 2:14 , and I believe you will not ADMIT it is true that the Holy Spirit CAUSED Paul to write it !!:hammer::hammer:

dan p