pacifism for true Jesus' followers.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

I believe that the discussion of pacifism does not need to involve the military. However, choosing something like the militia is different from attempting to fight a war or bring about justice without any legal authority. Does an individual have a right to be a witness, for example? A court has a Judge, and maybe a Jury.

As a Lifeguard I saved lives, and did not take them. I am not in the military and did not join the military because I would not be able to kill anyone and didn't want to be associated with anyone who did. This meant that I could not be in the military even if I wanted to fly a jet without weapons.

Shalom.

Jacob

Do you believe in saving the weak from the oppressive, even if military force is required?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
BTW Jacob,

Please don't waste time trying to silence me just because I am a woman.

You have done this before and I will not take your advice.

Jesus does not play favoritism. All His followers are equal to Him.

You are already showing the ignorance of Jesus' teachings.
Shalom.

I have no reason to silence you for reason that you are a woman. Who is going to teach you if you are divorced? Would a woman protect her husband or her children? But you choose to fight against the United States Military. However, you choose to find justification for your beliefs or feelings against war and the military in the words of Jesus. However, the truth is that we should all listen to Jesus. You might start with Matthew 5:17-20. Do you believe that God's Commandments are to be observed by Israel and the Nations?

Shalom.

Jacob

marhig

Hi Marhig,

Should we disarm and disband the military and should police officers stop carrying weapons of any kind?
That's of the world, I have nothing against them. They are under the law of man, I'm talking about those who walk in the Spirit, those born of God live by his will, Jesus says those who live by the sword, die by the sword. The only sword I'm interested in is Gods word.

marhig

Shalom.

I have no reason to silence you for reason that you are a woman. Who is going to teach you if you are divorced? Would a woman protect her husband or her children? But you choose to fight against the United States Military. However, you choose to find justification for your beliefs or feelings against war and the military in the words of Jesus. However, the truth is that we should all listen to Jesus. You might start with Matthew 5:17-20. Do you believe that God's Commandments are to be observed by Israel and the Nations?

Shalom.

Jacob
We have a husband once have God in our hearts, and he will teach us.

There is no male and female in Christ, and the inner man is over all of us.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Hi Jacob,

I believe that the laws of this world will judge, and they will have the death penalty etc. But i personally don't agree with killing anyone, God said thou shalt but kill, so I don't believe that those born of God should put their hands to violence in any way, the only time we should do so is to defend our families or others if we have no choice. For instance, if I saw a suicide bomber about to commit the act, and I could stop him by taking his life, I would. And I hope that God would forgive me, but I wouldn't join an army and go to war, or join anything where I might have to take a life or train to do so.

I'm not against the military, but I believe that the military is of the world and the world will take care of itself. Those born of God are here to do the will of God and bare witness to the truth. Jesus taught us to love our enemy, bless those that curse us, and do good to those that hate us and pray for those that despitefully use and persecute us. So, that's what I believe that we should do to follow him, and in doing so, we don't take up arms.

Paul said that our weapons of warfare are not carnal. We are to be covered with the armour of God, and fight with the sword of the Spirit which is the word of God.

Shalom.

You sound well grounded in the word of God. Do you believe that if there were a murder the family of the one murdered, someone else, or a court would be the one to bring about justice? Or, only God and Jesus?

Shalom.

Jacob

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Do you publicly denounce the Watch Tower?

JWs are pacifist Christians. Why would I denounce them?

they are one of the true Christians.

Nope, I don't agree with everything they teach because some of the prophesy is not sure to anyone.

BTW, please don't derail this thread.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Do you believe in saving the weak from the oppressive, even if military force is required?
Shalom.

You have a good question. Hopefully this question has not been used to justify military action in foreign lands. Traveling the world, or bringing freedom to others are not needed motivations to join the military, go to war, defend other nations, etc.... If we have a military, it should be, our bases should be, here in the United States of America first. Attacks against us here in the United States of America might be considered Domestic, but if our concerns are Foreign we may be neglecting home, spreading ourselves thin, or involving ourselves in the affairs of others. To break up a fight at school by speaking, telling people to stop fighting, is better than picking sides, choosing sides, or choosing to fight the bully. We may have interests elsewhere, but they should not be asset based. We need not make any agreement with any foreign power, but we must be responsible for ourselves. Personal responsibility within a family goes a long way toward helping others.

Shalom.

Jacob

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.
Who is going to teach you if you are divorced?

My goodness.
do you believe Jesus teaches us how to serve God and Jesus in the books of the gospels?

You have been trying to correct and teach other Christians, yet you don't seem to know Jesus much.

marhig

Shalom.

You sound well grounded in the word of God. Do you believe that if there were a murder the family of the one murdered, someone else, or a court would be the one to bring about justice? Or, only God and Jesus?

Shalom.

Jacob

Man has laws to abide by in the world, if a man killed another then he will be judged by the law of that country and be dealt with according to their laws, and God will judge their hearts. If someone got arrested for murder then that would be in the hands of the authorities and God not me. I'm not here to judge, but rather share Gods word and leave the judgement of others and myself to God.

Jesus said, render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesars and unto God the things that are Gods.

But I wouldn't put my hand to killing anyone, because in my heart I believe that it is wrong for me to do so before God.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

You have a good question. Hopefully this question has not been used to justify military action in foreign lands.

Jacob, now you are showing how you are ignorant of the Christianity.

I don't know what your position is because you have been so wishy washy about your position. You say you were a Christian and now you are a Jew. I don't know what you are claiming.

If you are not a Christian, please stay out of this thread. This thread is for Christians.

marhig

Shalom.

No. Your statements are not Biblical.

Shalom.

Jacob
Galatians 3

There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
My goodness.
do you believe Jesus teaches us how to serve God and Jesus in the books of the gospels?

You have been trying to correct and teach other Christians, yet you don't seem to know Jesus much.
Shalom.

I do know Jesus. I am of Israel. I obey God's Commandments. Matthew 5:17-20 is for me. Is it for you?

Shalom.

Jacob

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Man has laws to abide by in the world, if a man killed another then he will be judged by the law of that country and be dealt with according to their laws, and God will judge their hearts. If someone got arrested for murder then that would be in the hands of the authorities and God not me. I'm not here to judge, but rather share Gods word and leave the judgement of others and myself to God.

Jesus said, render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesars and unto God the things that are Gods.

But I wouldn't put my hand to killing anyone, because in my heart I believe that it is wrong for me to do so before God.
Shalom.

It is good to obey God's Commandments and share His Word with others.

Shalom.

Jacob