pacifism for true Jesus' followers.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Crucible,

You follow Calvin, that's why you don't follow Jesus' example.

You follow your leaders example. Your leader is Calvin.

Totton Linnet says quoting Jesus "I have not come to bring peace to the world but a sword"

I follow my Leader, Jesus.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Jacob,

You seem to be so out of touch from reality.

I cannot communicate with you.

You don't seem to know what is going on in the world. Just like living like hermit.

You cannot evangelize by being out of touch from reality. Jesus interacted with real people, friend.

You are going extreme of being not be of the world.

We can strive to be not of the world with knowing and interacting with the world.

I hope I am not confusing you again.

this is the pattern I have with you.
OK, Jacob,

I will not derail this topic by talking about your hermit like talk.
It makes sense to live separate from the world in relation to sin. As for not interacting with the world, I have no idea why you think there is hermit like talk coming from me. I don't even know what you are talking about.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
It makes sense to live separate from the world in relation to sin. As for not interacting with the world, I have no idea why you think there is hermit like talk coming from me. I don't even know what you are talking about.

That's because you're a hermit.

meshak

BANNED
Banned

You see, you just cannot communicate with people.

do you have any friend? Did you have any friend growing up?

john w

Hall of Fame

I had a friend, who wore the kind of stupid hat, like you do. His name was "Butch," from "Our Gang."

Good day to you, sir.

kenjacobsen

Could just as easily predict that kenjacobsen would mock God for all His killings, instead of God being a pacifist and just turning the other cheek rather than killing all but 8 folks in the flood.

You're openly rejecting Jesus for Moses and you're proud of it!
Why call yourself a Christian?
Who are you fooling other than hypocrites like yourself?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned

I am communicating with you. Of course I have friends. Did you know someone on TOL asked me what my relationship to you is? And I don't know why. I said, "what relationship?" Is that okay? Is it okay with you to say that? I'm just wondering if that is why you are calling me a hermit. I'm 35 and not a hermit at all.

kenjacobsen

'Pacifism' goes as far as 'turning the other cheek'. In the correct context, it means to not seek revenge or penalty for small things, or otherwise matters which only affect one's self.

But people have turned it into something very different in today's world. They have made it into 'timidity' and 'indifference', which are ironically grave sins.

God often called His people to fight- He uses His people to repel evil according to His providence. We're called to be integral and righteous, and sometimes that includes taking up arms.

'Pacifists' essentially believe in a whole other god. One should be careful not to be sucked into that heresy.

That "whole other God" would be Christ, who clearly taught pacifism both in his words and in his deeds. He was the rightful King and ruler who chose be be killed unjustly rather than kill justly. Could anyone be more pacifist than that?

john w

Hall of Fame
You didn't notice that Christ doesn't day to be doves or serpents?
Your ignorance wouldn't be so disgusting were it not coupled with arrogance.

Ever notice you miss this argument, and most arguments? We noticed you're either drunk, or 5 years old:

"You didn't notice that Christ doesn't day to be..."

Take your seat.

kenjacobsen

Not true. The Revelation of Jesus Christ makes it clear Jesus is not a pacifist.

Why are you misrepresenting him? As a human Jesus had no need to kill anyone, he was a Jew in subjection to Rome.

Again, how is it possible for an adult to not understand that the Word is fighting on the spiritual not the physical realm?

Paul, who you claim to follow, says "For our battle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the world powers of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavens."

And you want to twist and pervert Jesus to have him killing people with a sword, so he'll fit your teenage B-Movie superhero fantasy? You don't know that Jesus is better than that?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I am communicating with you. Of course I have friends. Did you know someone on TOL asked me what my relationship to you is? And I don't know why. I said, "what relationship?" Is that okay? Is it okay with you to say that? I'm just wondering if that is why you are calling me a hermit. I'm 35 and not a hermit at all.

I understand you are doing your best not to be worldly and it is commendable.

But not knowing what is going on in the reality is not good.

When you asked question and not many can explain to you that you can understand.

You were questioning GingdomRose and you did not understand what she was talking about.

And I explained what she was talking about and I made you even more confused.

I don't want to hurt your feelings or make fun of you like some are doing here.

When I tried to support you from mockers, you got upset with me before, remember?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
There are many, many have no problem understand Jesus was pacifist.

You guys need to read the New Testament with open heart what Jesus' main message is.

Remember God is love and Jesus is love too.

Jesus was sent to teach us how to love God and love one another.

Jesus' love messages are consistent in every ways with His word and with His action.

why do you fight so hard against Jesus' messages?

You are disgracing and misrepresenting Jesus with your violent faith.

The war is not of Jesus.

The military and the war is of the world.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I understand you are doing your best not to be worldly and it is commendable.

But not knowing what is going on in the reality is not good.

When you asked question and not many can explain to you that you can understand.

You were questioning GingdomRose and you did not understand what she was talking about.

And I explained what she was talking about and I made you even more confused.

I don't want to hurt your feelings or make fun of you like some are doing here.

When I tried to support you from mockers, you got upset with me before, remember?

I actually don't remember what you are talking about. I also don't see anyone hurting my feelings or making fun of me. You didn't make me confused, but I responded to you not her.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Unfortunately pro military Christians are well known to the world.

they are killing their enemy in Jesus' name.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Again, how is it possible for an adult to not understand that the Word is fighting on the spiritual not the physical realm?

Well, there are apples and there are oranges.

And the rest were killed with the sword which proceeded from the mouth of Him who sat on the horse. And all the birds were filled with their flesh. (Revelation 19:21)​

The sword symbolizes his words. He doesn't need a physical sword to kill people, all he has to do is speak and it is done. At the beginning he said let there be light and there was light.