pacifism for true Jesus' followers.

drbrumley

Military alliances are common in the modern world. However these are forbidden over and over again in the Bible. A Christian nation has a covenant with God. It cannot be totally committed to God, and place its faith in another nation for defense (Is 31:1-3). Therefore, defense alliances are not an option for a Christian nation.

drbrumley

God determines the appointed times of the nations and the timing of their rule. (Acts 17:26). No nation has the authority to invade another nation to change its government (even if it is evil). A nation cannot even be invaded to establish democracy. (Democracy must come from the hearts of the people, it cannot be enforced from the outside.) Most attempts by great powers to establish "better" government by force in other nations have failed, because the spiritual forces that control the nation have not been defeated (Dan 10:13).

drbrumley

The principles outlined here allow a nation to defend itself, but there are very severe restrictions on which methods may be used. Likewise there are very strict conditions which must be fulfilled before war may be justified. Almost all modern conflicts would fail to meet these conditions. The Bible recognizes the horror of war. There are probably very few situations that would justify the cost of war. It should be an extremely rare event.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I registered for the draft but being Torah observant I think there has been a question of if I am with Israel, such as the IDF or military or otherwise (Torah). Because I am a Citizen of the United States of America and could one day be the President. In the US I have looked at Air Force, Army, Navy, Marines. The Coast Guard and the National Guard also exist. I haven't had much to do with any militia. There is also the Department of Homeland Security. I see your posts drbrumley. Does mine make sense to you? I grew up a Christian pacifist, and without war or military I believe I sided against Osama Bin Laden who was killed. We are not a Christian nation with people coming after us unless we are a Christian nation.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
after you are already in the military or not (no)?

You have to ask your commander.

You have to keep your promise if you are already in.

You belong to the government once you made a pledge to them.

All you can do is to request if you can be conscientious objector.

If they say no, then you have to obey their order.

If you don't obey their order, you will be jail.

drbrumley

The current war in Afghanistan does not fit with these principles. The people who organized the attack on the World Trade Centre, committed a dreadful crime and should be punished as criminals. However, the nation of Afghanistan did not attack the United States. The Taliban did not attack the United States. Afghanistan may be harboring the criminals who organized the attack, but that is not a justification for war. We may dislike the Taliban intensely, but that does not justify war against them. The United States does not have the right to determine who should govern Afghanistan. (The Taliban gained power through victory in a civil war. This is the same way that the current federal system in the United States was established). The United States is not defending itself against an attack by Afghanistan, so it is not justified in attacking Afghanistan.

drbrumley

The methods of warfare being used in Afghanistan cannot be justified either. Bombs that destroy the land and can kill and maim civilians are forbidden by Deuteronomy 20. The alliance with the ungodly men of the Northern Alliance is also contrary to the Scriptures.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I registered for the draft but being Torah observant I think there has been a question of if I am with Israel, such as the IDF or military or otherwise (Torah). Because I am a Citizen of the United States of America and could one day be the President. In the US I have looked at Air Force, Army, Navy, Marines. The Coast Guard and the National Guard also exist. I haven't had much to do with any militia. There is also the Department of Homeland Security. I see your posts drbrumley. Does mine make sense to you? I grew up a Christian pacifist, and without war or military I believe I sided against Osama Bin Laden who was killed. We are not a Christian nation with people coming after us unless we are a Christian nation.

If you want to be a president, you have to be a pro-military or you will not get elected. US is military nation.

BTW, US is not Christian nation since they are a military nation.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You have to ask your commander.

You have to keep your promise if you are already in.

You belong to the government once you made a pledge to them.

All you can do is to request if you can be conscientious objector.

If they say no, then you have to obey their order.

If you don't obey their order, you will be jail.

My question has to do with whether I could be drafted after registering for the draft, because I did not join the military. Could I be a conscientious objector after registering for the draft? Is it true that it is against the law to not register?

drbrumley

OT law do not apply to Jesus' followers.

Your Lord is not Jesus since you disregard Jesus' world.

OT is old covenant. Jesus' fallowers are with Jesus with New covenant.

You conveniently switch around both NT and OT.

No maam…proper biblical understanding is you read the OT in light of the new testament. not the other way around...

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
If you want to be a president, you have to be a pro-military or you will not get elected. US is military nation.

BTW, US is not Christian nation since they are a military nation.

The President is the Commander And Chief but is not in the military himself. ?? Yes?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
after you are already in the military or not (no)?

Jacob, I already told you what you need to do.

If you are already in the military all you can do is request to be a conscientious objector. Then you don't have to go to combat zone to fight.

But I don't know if they let you do that after you already enlisted.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Jacob, I already told you what you need to do.

If you are already in the military all you can do is request to be a conscientious objector. Then you don't have to go to combat zone to fight.

But I don't know if they let you do that after you already enlisted.

I have already told you that I never joined the military.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
The President is the Commander And Chief but is not in the military himself. ?? Yes?

President is commander in chief. He is very pro-military. He orders to go to war.

Besides, if you are Jesus' follower, you should not get involved in the politics.

Jesus says His followers are not of the world.

It seems that you don't know much about Jesus' teachings, Jacob.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
President is commander in chief. He is very pro-military. He orders to go to war.

Besides, if you are Jesus' follower, you should not get involved in the politics.

Jesus says His followers are not of the world.

It seems that you don't know much about Jesus' teachings, Jacob.

I know about the Constitution and the Nation of Israel and that I have been a pacifist. I can minister to those who are in the military, but I don't really have contact with them.

drbrumley

I may be a General, but I have never joined the military. I may have been drafted also but I was never told that I was drafted.

Drafted? I can assure you, you were not drafted. To be honest with ya, don't worry about something that doesn't pertain to you in the least.

And youre no general..Not even a private 1st class.