Outrage against breaking up families

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Go feel ASHAMED that your country FEEDS, CLOTHES, ENTERTAINS, EDUCATES, etc. other country's children OVER YOUR OWN and feel PROUD of feeling ASHAMED of being the SAMARITAN.

What do you think capitalizing all those words is going to accomplish?

Instead of fixing the problem they are sitting on their hands and doing NOTHING. Schumer, Pelosi, etc. good example of that.

WHY! THEY KNOW EXACTLY what they are doing. The only ones who are being FOOLED are the ones who NEED to feel ASHAMED of their own country helping others.

I'm ashamed that the Trump administration, representing America, separated children from their parents intentionally, inflicting pain and suffering so they would serve as 'an example' to others.

The PARENTS KNEW that that was going to happen. The ONUS is on their PARENTS.

Sure, blame the victims.

You want to feel SHAME that your country feeds, clothes, entertains, educates, etc. OTHER PEOPLE's children BEFORE YOUR own, hey, have at it.

I feel shame that we would treat these families this way. It's unfortunate that other people don't feel shame.

Their PARENTS knew EXACTLY that that was going to HAPPEN and they took the risk to come to this HORRIBLE country anyway. Go figure.

Actually, no they didn't. Trump's new zero-tolerance policy slammed into them and they were the collateral damage.

Being that THEIR countries are so WONDERFUL and the USA is such a HORRIBLE place....

Right. Flipping that sarcasm back on you, since where they're coming from in many ways has indeed been horrible... do you really not have empathy for them trying to escape it?

lifeisgood

What do you think capitalizing all those words is going to accomplish?

I am not screaming, it is easier to emphasize in CAPs when you are writing instead of using other means.

I am ashamed about forgetting to put the disclaimer that I am not screaming for using CAPs.

I'm ashamed that the Trump administration, representing America, separated children from the parents intentionally, inflicting pain and suffering so they would serve as 'an example' to others.

The parents knew that was going to happen as they have been told that that happened to others also in previous administrations.

Sure, blame the victims.

Nonsense. They are NOT victims. They wanted to come to this HORRIBLE country willingly. They knew the consequences of coming to this HORRIBLE country and they took the chance anyways.

I feel shame that we would treat these families this way. It's unfortunate that other people don't.

You, annabenedetti, are entitled to YOUR shame. No one is going to take YOUR shame from you. That would be criminal.

Actually, no they didn't. Trump's new zero-tolerance policy slammed into them and they were the collateral damage.

The difference between this administration and others is that the news did not report it BEFORE and they report it NOW because they are part of the RESIST coalition.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Quote Originally Posted by annabenedetti View Post
It's inhuman.

To feed them, clothe them, put a roof over their head, educate them, entertain them, etc. OVER OUR OWN.

That's not what they want. They are coming here to work. Almost all illegal aliens find jobs, mostly jobs Americans don't want to do.

Yes, their children usually do get and education and better jobs. I just don't see how more people being productive is a bad thing.

lifeisgood

That's not what they want. They are coming here to work. Almost all illegal aliens find jobs, mostly jobs Americans don't want to do.

Yeah, I know, right? These lazy Americans do not want to work at all.

Yes, their children usually do get and education and better jobs.

They are being educated now, thing that they do not have in the wonderful countries they're fleeing from.

Kindergarten children cannot get a better job now, wouldn't you say.

Oh, I keep forgetting they do work in their wonderful countries instead of being provided an education, contrary to this horrible country where they are being horribly treated.

I just don't see how more people being productive is a bad thing.

It is the illegality of it all that is wrong.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
I am not screaming, it is easier to emphasize in CAPs when you are writing instead of using other means.

I am ashamed about forgetting to put the disclaimer that I am not screaming for using CAPs.

You may not be screaming, but all caps done to that extent is generally seen as shouting.

The parents knew that was going to happen as they have been told that that happened to others also in previous administrations.

No. Please do some research.

Nonsense. They are NOT victims. They wanted to come to this HORRIBLE country willingly. They knew the consequences of coming to this HORRIBLE country and they took the chance anyways.

The Indifferent Samaritan is the Angry Samaritan, is the person who sounds and looks like this:

You, annabenedetti, are entitled to YOUR shame. No one is going to take YOUR shame from you. That would be criminal.

And then there are others who have no shame at all.

The difference between this administration and others is that the news did not report it BEFORE and they report it NOW because they are part of the RESIST coalition.

lifeisgood

You may not be screaming, but all caps done to that extent is generally seen as shouting.

I am ashamed about forgetting to put the disclaimer that I am not screaming for using CAPs no matter how many being used.

I have personally.

The Indifferent Samaritan is the Angry Samaritan, is the person who sounds and looks like this:

If you believe that is an example of an Indifferent Samaritan, I wonder what you will present as a priest and a Levite as the examples Jesus gave.

I have not heard of one illegal dying because they were refused medical help. I have not heard of an illegal not being fed or not clothed or not given a roof over their heads, etc. However, I have heard of veterans dying waiting for medical help at a VA hospital. Maybe their medical help was sent to the border to help the illegals first.

I agree with you that some people have no shame at all.

I have and stand by my statement:

WizardofOz

I have and stand by my statement:

You sound rather naive playing the victim card for Trump. There is certainly more to it than the mean media picking on poor Trump

Attorney General Jeff Sessions issued an April memorandum announcing a "zero-tolerance" policy, according to which all immigrants apprehended for illegally crossing the U.S. border were referred for federal prosecution.

Many immigrants subject to the zero-tolerance policy were adults traveling with children. Due to a 2015 district court decision, children cannot be held in federal jails with adults facing prosecution. Previous administrations shied away from prosecuting adults with children and, after the 2015 decision, tended to release families rather than separate them.

But the Trump administration, citing its zero-tolerance policy, was separating families and placing children in shelters run by the Department of Health and Human Services until they could be released to a sponsor. More than 2,300 children were separated from adults between May 5 and June 9, according to the Department of Homeland Security.

There was no law requiring the separation of families, and Trump was not "preventing kids from going to jail" by ordering it, as the Lid story suggested.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Yeah, I know, right? These lazy Americans do not want to work at all.

If you look at the states with the most productive workers, and states with the least productive workers, guess which looks more like Trump country?
https://www.thestreet.com/slideshow/12817644/1/most-productive-states.html

They are being educated now, thing that they do not have in the wonderful countries they're fleeing from.

States that do a good job of public education tend to be more productive. Go figure.

Kindergarten children cannot get a better job now, wouldn't you say.

Wouldn't think so. Success there translates to success in one's working life. Educating those immigrant kids pays off just as it does for the rest of them.

Oh, I keep forgetting they do work in their wonderful countries instead of being provided an education, contrary to this horrible country where they are being horribly treated.

They know it's a great country, contrary to Trump's opinion. It's horrible only to those who object to the Constitution.

It is the illegality of it all that is wrong.

In the same way that the illegality of alcohol during prohibition was wrong. Laws and policies that harm the nation should be removed, not ignored.

lifeisgood

You sound rather naive playing the victim card for Trump. There is certainly more to it than the mean media picking on poor Trump

Attorney General Jeff Sessions issued an April memorandum announcing a "zero-tolerance" policy, according to which all immigrants apprehended for illegally crossing the U.S. border were referred for federal prosecution.

Many immigrants subject to the zero-tolerance policy were adults traveling with children. Due to a 2015 district court decision, children cannot be held in federal jails with adults facing prosecution. Previous administrations shied away from prosecuting adults with children and, after the 2015 decision, tended to release families rather than separate them.

But the Trump administration, citing its zero-tolerance policy, was separating families and placing children in shelters run by the Department of Health and Human Services until they could be released to a sponsor. More than 2,300 children were separated from adults between May 5 and June 9, according to the Department of Homeland Security.

There was no law requiring the separation of families, and Trump was not "preventing kids from going to jail" by ordering it, as the Lid story suggested.

Thank you for letting me know that the law was already on the books but "previous administrations shied away" from enforcing it. I was beginning to think that President Trump had used Chuck Schumer's pen.

lifeisgood

If you look at the states with the most productive workers, and states with the least productive workers, guess which looks more like Trump country?
https://www.thestreet.com/slideshow/12817644/1/most-productive-states.html

States that do a good job of public education tend to be more productive. Go figure.

Wouldn't think so. Success there translates to success in one's working life. Educating those immigrant kids pays off just as it does for the rest of them.

They know it's a great country, contrary to Trump's opinion. It's horrible only to those who object to the Constitution.

In the same way that the illegality of alcohol during prohibition was wrong. Laws and policies that harm the nation should be removed, not ignored.

Conflagration of illegal with legal.

lifeisgood

Reporter Bryan Llenas with border patrol at Rio Grand Valley reported 25 women with their children from Guatemala and El Salvador presented themselves at the border crossing asking for asylum. Reporter asked one woman if she knew what was going on at the border with the children being separated from their parents. She said that SHE KNEW but decided to come with her child anyway. Another one said she had no idea.

Reporter Bryan Llenas with border patrol at Brownsville, Texas, June 27, 2018, reported June 28, 2018 at The Daily Briefing with Dana Perino.

====

Isn't amazing that SOME even knowing that this horrible country might separate them from their children flee anyway from their wonderful countries to this horrible country?

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Conflagration of illegal with legal.

Well, yes, that's the present administration policy:
Burning_Constitution.jpg

Trump: 'Take the guns first, go through due process second'

Trump Calls for Depriving Immigrants Who Illegally Cross Border of Due Process Rights

Conflagration, indeed. You (perhaps inadvertently) hit the nail on the head.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned

My first thought was: "it's too bad that we can't deport that Nazi cow." Then I realized she was, as she said, merely echoing the president. Maybe she's dumb to believe him, but he bears most of the responsibility for this kind of behavior.

Guzman was remarkably calm and mature, given the deranged rant he had to hear.

WizardofOz

Changing the rules of the game in the middle of the game because Chuck Schumer did not offer them a pen?

Or because after the 2015 federal ruling they realized that these tactics wouldn't hold up in court.

A lesson Trump is unnecessarily learning all over again.

lifeisgood

Or because after the 2015 federal ruling they realized that these tactics wouldn't hold up in court.

Or because they did not bother to change it because Chuck Schumer did not offer them a pen.

A lesson Trump is unnecessarily learning all over again.

Which is why he is trying to have the ones who can do something about it, do something about it.

Still waiting for them to do something about it.

The law is still in the books and the next president can use it just like this one is doing now. Immigration laws need to be changed. It cannot be done by Chuck Schumer's pen, though. It has to be done with the proper pen and that pen is located in Congress.

Just my 2 cents.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
The law, at this time, allows a president to order families requesting asylum to be separated and the kids put in cages pending legal outcomes.

It does not compel any president to do that. He wanted to do it, and he would have gotten away with it, except for the public outcry.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
The law, at this time, allows a president to order families requesting asylum to be separated and the kids put in cages pending legal outcomes.

well, no

it requires separated children to be placed in foster homes, where they'll be cared for better than their irresponsible criminal parents could