ECT Our triune God

glorydaz

Act 2:32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.
Act 2:33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.
Act 2:34 For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,
Act 2:35 Until I make thy foes thy footstool.
Act 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

1Co 15:23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.
1Co 15:24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.
1Co 15:25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.
1Co 15:26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.
1Co 15:27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.
1Co 15:28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

LA

That's NOT why every knee shall bow. Want to try again?

Lon

Act 2:32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.
Act 2:33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.
Act 2:34 For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,
Act 2:35 Until I make thy foes thy footstool.
Act 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

1Co 15:23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.
1Co 15:24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.
1Co 15:27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.
1Co 15:28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

LA

Yep, An excellent triune verse, thanks.

1Co 15:28 And when all things are subjected to him, then the Son himself will be subjected to the one who subjected everything to him, so that God may be all in all.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
That's NOT why every knee shall bow. Want to try again?

The precedent in scripture is that of Joseph becoming lord (master) over all men of the Kingdom but still lesser to Pharoah in the throne itself.

Read Rev.chs 4 and 5 for the similar truths.

Where is your precedent in scripture for a God coming down from Heaven to be a little baby?

None.

LA

Gen 41:38 And Pharaoh said unto his servants, Can we find such a one as this is, a man in whom the Spirit of God is?
Gen 41:39 And Pharaoh said unto Joseph, Forasmuch as God hath shewed thee all this, there is none so discreet and wise as thou art:
Gen 41:40 Thou shalt be over my house, and according unto thy word shall all my people be ruled: only in the throne will I be greater than thou.
Gen 41:41 And Pharaoh said unto Joseph, See, I have set thee over all the land of Egypt.
Gen 41:42 And Pharaoh took off his ring from his hand, and put it upon Joseph's hand, and arrayed him in vestures of fine linen, and put a gold chain about his neck;
Gen 41:43 And he made him to ride in the second chariot which he had; and they cried before him, Bow the knee: and he made him ruler over all the land of Egypt.
Gen 41:44 And Pharaoh said unto Joseph, I am Pharaoh, and without thee shall no man lift up his hand or foot in all the land of Egypt.
Gen 41:45 And Pharaoh called Joseph's name Zaphnathpaaneah; and he gave him to wife Asenath the daughter of Potipherah priest of On. And Joseph went out over all the land of Egypt.
Gen 41:46 And Joseph was thirty years old when he stood before Pharaoh king of Egypt. And Joseph went out from the presence of Pharaoh, and went throughout all the land of Egypt.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Read Rev.chs 4 and 5.

The answers are all there.

Jesus was not on the throne until He had overcome.

Overcoming is something a man does.

Notice--

Dan 7:13 I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him.
Dan 7:14 And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.

Rev 5:2 And I saw a strong angel proclaiming with a loud voice, Who is worthy to open the book, and to loose the seals thereof?
Rev 5:3 And no man in heaven, nor in earth, neither under the earth, was able to open the book, neither to look thereon.
Rev 5:4 And I wept much, because no man was found worthy to open and to read the book, neither to look thereon.
Rev 5:5 And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Juda, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof.
Rev 5:6 And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.
Rev 5:7 And he came and took the book out of the right hand of him that sat upon the throne.

and who was sitting on the throne?

Rev 4:8 And the four beasts had each of them six wings about him; and they were full of eyes within: and they rest not day and night, saying, Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come.
Rev 4:9 And when those beasts give glory and honour and thanks to him that sat on the throne, who liveth for ever and ever,
Rev 4:10 The four and twenty elders fall down before him that sat on the throne, and worship him that liveth for ever and ever, and cast their crowns before the throne, saying,
Rev 4:11 Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

and who in the throne is worshipped by all AFTER Jesus the man has sat upon Gods Throne with Him--

Rev 5:13 And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.

The Bible describes how God raised up a man who will reign over His creation until----

Christ the man will reign over the new creation with the resurrected saints beginning here--

Co 15:21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.

LA

glorydaz

Read Rev.chs 4 and 5.

The answers are all there.

Jesus was not on the throne until He had overcome.

Overcoming is something a man does.

Overcoming is something no man can do, for there are none righteous...which is why our Lord needed to come down from heaven and do it for us. How did Jesus overcome the world?

John 16:33
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

He defeated sin by not sinning.

1 John 2:16
For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

He defeated death by raising from the dead.

The only way man can overcome is to be born again by placing his faith in the One who overcame. Justification by Faith.

Romans 8:2
For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

1 John 5:4-5
For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?

glorydaz

The precedent in scripture is that of Joseph becoming lord (master) over all men of the Kingdom but still lesser to Pharoah in the throne itself.

Read Rev.chs 4 and 5 for the similar truths.

Where is your precedent in scripture for a God coming down from Heaven to be a little baby?

None.

Those are but types and shadows of what was to come.

A prophet speaking by inspiration of God, which is clear for anyone with and ear to hear.

Isaiah 9:6
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Overcoming is something no man can do, for there are none righteous...which is why our Lord needed to come down from heaven and do it for us. How did Jesus overcome the world?

John 16:33
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

He defeated sin by not sinning.

1 John 2:16
For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

He defeated death by raising from the dead.

The only way man can overcome is to be born again by placing his faith in the One who overcame. Justification by Faith.

Romans 8:2
For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

1 John 5:4-5
For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?

Rev 3:14 And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;
Rev 3:15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
Rev 3:16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.
Rev 3:17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:
Rev 3:18 I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.
Rev 3:19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.
Rev 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
Rev 3:21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.
Rev 3:22 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

Apple7

Rev 3:14 And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;
Rev 3:15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
Rev 3:16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.
Rev 3:17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:
Rev 3:18 I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.
Rev 3:19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.
Rev 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
Rev 3:21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.
Rev 3:22 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

Thanks for quoting more Trinitarian scriptures!

Keep them coming...

keypurr

And why would God have all of creation bowing before a man and confessing a man as Lord?

Creation was done through the spirit that was in this man. This man gave his life so that we may have life. That is why his God made him Lord of all creation.

Son of God, son of man now is Lord of All. Made so by his God.

Apple7

Creation was done through the spirit that was in this man. This man gave his life so that we may have life. That is why his God made him Lord of all creation.

You remind me of Muslims, pops.

You cannot mention God without also mentioning Jesus.

Likewise, they cannot mention their Allah without also mentioning Muhammad.

See where this is leading...?

glorydaz

He's from the beginning....Do you see Him?

Hebrews 11:3
Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.

Psalm 33:6
By the word of the LORD were the heavens made; and all the host of them by the breath of his mouth.

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. John 1:1

The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. John 1:2-3

The Word was made flesh and dwelt among us. John 1:14

glorydaz

1Co 15:21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.

LA

There's quite a difference between the two men, wouldn't you agree?

1 Co. 15:45-47
And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit. Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual. The first man is of the earth, earthy; the second man is the Lord from heaven.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
There's quite a difference between the two men, wouldn't you agree?

1 Co. 15:45-47
And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit. Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual. The first man is of the earth, earthy; the second man is the Lord from heaven.

You will say anything to deny Jesus being a man.

LA

Lon

I want to thank those who have supported this thread and not hijacked it.

Thank you
SovereigntyisGod - great verses

Thank you
Nihlo - esoteric, but supportive

Thank you
SonOfJack - great use of scriptures

Thank you
SaultoPaul - scripture were great

Thank you
Tico - for thread support

Thank you
Buzzword - for asking the right questions

Thank you
Colossians - for researching help here in your post

Thank you
-FoC- Who carried the thread early on

Thank you
godrulz - for emphasizing ettiquete and our triune God and defending in thread from first to last

Thank you
Totton Linnet - for hanging in there for the long haul

Thank you
Nang - for reminding us of the OP

Thank you
AMR - for timely links and weighing in with your considerable earned knowledge

Thank you
Nick M - for agreeing with all of us that John 1 puts this debate to rest

Thank you
John W - He virtually carried the thread for about 30 pages!

Thank you
Nicholsmom - for continued encouragement

Thank you
Ryan Collins - for asking good questions

Thank you
Rocketman - for asking good questions and support

Thank you
fzappa13 - for not molesting the thread as many others did and for supporting it in your own way

Thank you
Zippy - for chiming in so clearly

Thank you
Rainee - for cheering and supporting

Thank you
Student_ad_X - for suscribing and his continued support

Thank you
Geralduk - for summarizing this thread

Thank you
ttruscott - for an apt illustration

Thank you
Bright Raven - for jumping in with both feet

Thank you
Apple7 - for not only jumping in, but championing our triune God all over this forum and has stuck with this thread for 30 pages

Thanks JonahofAkron - for your sense of humor

Thanks OneGodInChrist - though not triune, supported this thread against arian mistakes

Thank you
Redeemed-777 - for weighing in

Thank you
Wile E. Coyote - for jumping in soundly with both feet

To all others who have supported this thread and I have missed, thank you.

Continued thank you:

Lighthouse - reminding God talks to and of Himself as more than 1 person

Glorydaz - for coming in fresh and full of vigor for scriptures and His Word