ECT Our triune God

Wile E. Coyote

I do not hold to the 'trinitarinan error'.....and, I also do not hold to the modalist error.
I did agree with the post...I would have to ask them, personally, if they are a modalist.
I did not say that you hold to the Modalistic error. I said that OneGodinChrist perpetuates it.

Do you agree with the following statement by OneGodinChrist?

"Father, Son, and Holy Ghost are simply different MANIFESTATIONS, of God, not persons."

Apple7

Look in Revelation 22:16, is Jesus an Angel?

Think again kid

Read the text you just quoted, pops.

Jesus sends His angel.

This is the same angel that is sent by God in the first chapter.

Therefore, this makes Jesus God.

Unitarianism = scriptural ignorance

keypurr

Read the text you just quoted, pops.

Jesus sends His angel.

This is the same angel that is sent by God in the first chapter.

Therefore, this makes Jesus God.

Unitarianism = scriptural ignorance

Read it again, Jesus says that he is the morning star, who is the other one?

keypurr

Another meritless assertion on your part.

Rev 22:16
(NET) "I, Jesus, have sent my angel to testify to you about these things for the churches. I am the root and the descendant of David, the bright morning star!"

35 tn On this expression BDAG 892 s.v. πρωϊνός states, "early, belonging to the morning ὁ ἀστὴρ ὁ πρ. the morning star, Venus Rv 2:28; 22:16."

Again, if Jesus is as he says he is, the morning star, who did he sing with at creation?

Are you all mouth or do you have a mind?

Lon

Its ok ke[]ypur, I just carried on in my disgust for Lon[']s posts .
How can anyone of intelegence [Intelligence]be so dishonest as he...?
LA.
Really? So as long as it is any ol' idea that pops into your head, then we'd be okay?

Go ahead and be disgusted. You could have posted that you were disgusted with Pierac's horrible mouth. Did you? Nope, apparently that doesn't disgust you. No, somebody telling you what they honestly believe the scripture says, yep, that disgusts you. ???

You are topsey-turvey compared to me! There is no wonder at all that I then disgust you. You hate what is good and love what is profane over me!

I'll tell you what, get a degree or put me in touch with anybody that has a theology degree that happens to agree with you. Let's see if that guy will post that I'm academically dishonest or not. Sound fair? Shoot, just ask for anybody you trust and has the credentials to read anything I've written in here. If they come up with 'dishonest' and you care, I'll listen to everything you have to say.

Every christian in the world but a few of you believe this is what the scripture actually says against your "any ol' idea that pops into your head."

So:
1) I have the credentials and you don't (who is qualified, who isn't?)
2) I agree with my peers and you don't (who is more likely wrong?)
3) Pierac's behavior is actually disgusting to me. What actually disgusts you? People picking on your friends for being disgusting?

AMEN brother, some like to play god and sit in judgement. I see it everyday on TOL. Sometime they get the best of me to, I try not to let them do it. It gets me down, but then someone else will just say the right thing an a ray of hope sneaks in.
Thanks for being so understanding of my crazy posts brother.
Peace
:doh:

Apple7

Rev 22:16
(NET) "I, Jesus, have sent my angel to testify to you about these things for the churches. I am the root and the descendant of David, the bright morning star!"

35 tn On this expression BDAG 892 s.v. πρωϊνός states, "early, belonging to the morning ὁ ἀστὴρ ὁ πρ. the morning star, Venus Rv 2:28; 22:16."

Again, if Jesus is as he says he is, the morning star, who did he sing with at creation?

Are you all mouth or do you have a mind?

You just admitted to Jesus existing BEFORE creation, pops!

OneGodInChrist

Just wondering if anyone wants to tackle this one: When we get to heaven, how many "persons" of God will we see? How many thrones will be there? I already know my answer, but would like to hear others. Im non changing the thread, because this has everything to do with this subject.

God bless,
OGIC

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Just wondering if anyone wants to tackle this one: When we get to heaven, how many "persons" of God will we see? How many thrones will be there? I already know my answer, but would like to hear others. Im non changing the thread, because this has everything to do with this subject.

God bless,
OGIC

It seems that the Father and Lamb of God will be seen (Rev. 4-5). Oneness makes a literal revelation figurative without warrant to retain a wrong view. This speculative question does not negate hundreds of clear verses that show that the Father is not the Son (yet both are the one YHWH by nature). The Bible becomes nonsensical if we accept Oneness presuppositions.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Yes I do. 1Tim. 3:16

Jn . 1:1 The Word/Christ incarnated, not the Father, not the Holy Spirit. The Word is God, so trinitarians fully affirm that the fulness of Deity became man, the God-Man in Christ. This verse does not negate the hundreds that only make sense if God is triune, not solitary.

OneGodInChrist

It seems that the Father and Lamb of God will be seen (Rev. 4-5). Oneness makes a literal revelation figurative without warrant to retain a wrong view. This speculative question does not negate hundreds of clear verses that show that the Father is not the Son (yet both are the one YHWH by nature). The Bible becomes nonsensical if we accept Oneness presuppositions.

Rev. 1:6 "And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst if the throne and of tye four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood A LAMB AS IT HAD BEEN SLAIN, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth in all the earth."

I think we woukd both agree that that verse is symbolic and not literal. Is Jesus going to be literally there as a seven horned, seven eyed, Lamb. No, it's symbolic of what He did in sacrificing Himself on Calvary.

Jesus said in Rev. 3:21 that He was set down with His Father in His throne. Does that literally mean that two of them are sitting on one throne together? No, I believe it simply means Jesus sits on the throne as the Father.

Phi. 2:10-11 "That at the name of Jesusevry knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, TO THE GLORY OF GOD THE FATHER."

godrulz

Hall of Fame
An understanding of throne concept is important (not our idea of a modern king on a chair). It represents authority. I also recognize symbolic, figurative language in Revelation. However, you deny clear historical, didactic passages that distinguish Father and Son (in one sense) and I agree with the ones that make them one (in another sense).