ECT Our triune God

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
And you elevate your feeble understanding of Greek to new heights. Sigh.

LOL. Ahhh. The ever-humble all-knowing "Ask Mr. Religion" speaks divine oracles again. We all must take heed to the master.

An essence is simply something with characteristics — that is, an entity about which something can be said.

There nothing simple about ousia, especially when contrasting hypostasis. Your over-simplification isn't befitting history OR etymology, regardless how highly you regard yourself, your denominated sectarian schizm, and your biased dead language awareness that you presume superior to others.

More pomposity and bomasticity as prevarication and obfuscation.

A person (or the theological term, hypostasis) is a distinct bearer of an essence.

No. A hypostasis is the underlying foundational absolute assured substantial objective reality of existence. A hypostasis is not a "person". It has no inherent characteristics of a "person". It's made personAL by the prosopon that gives it an outward appearance and/or presence. A face. A person.

God is ONE of those (hypostasis), per Hebrews 1:3. I don't give a rip how you and historical DyoHypoTrins have misconstrued it and multiplied it into three. It's a postualtion for formulation from a Greek vocab scavenger hunt that was to counter NeoPlatonism, etc. It doesn't matter what assigned meanings it has if it's NOT in scripture in triplicate for God; and INSTEAD is in the singular.

[FONT=&quot]Applied to the Trinity, it means that the Father, the Son, and the Spirit are distinct persons, each with his own personal attributes, while each also shares equally the attributes of deity (i.e., the divine essence).[/FONT]

I couldn't care less what some other indoctrinated fool says in lexical excerpts about a non-existent DyoHypoTrin god. It's all just a massage band-aid to avoid Tritheism.

The bottom line is you have to appeal to other DyoHypoTrins for authority. You can't appeal to Sola Scriptura for multiple hypostases.

Your fixation on what you personally believe hypostasis means has caught you up in a web of error.

LOLOL. It's the inverse. The entire 1700 years of fixation upon extra-biblical multiple hypostases is the web of error, and endless millions of minions have been and are caught in it.

The church understands the possible misunderstandings of the specialized words it uses when discussing the Godhead.

Godhead is Theotes or Theiotes. It's not "the DyoHypoTrinity". Godhead is divinity. You hijack every term for a meaning all its own in your false doctrine.

And don't speak of tradition and the Church, Reformer.

The church has spoken on the matter.

NOW you appeal to the Church tradition selectively. Reformed when it's expedient. Traditional when it's convenient.

The Church isn't an institution unto itself, just as the government isn't an institution unto itself.

The church needed to speak because of persons just like you

The Church didn't speak. A succession of Bishops spoke. And there was much more to the prolonged and contrived process of the Councils than you likely are aware of, evidently. And that was all the Church you reject. You pick and choose at your own discretion, just like all the sectarian divisions do.

Keep denominating yourself. It doesn't give much creedance to your claims of a "Church" that spoke. You've left THAT Church in reformation and affiliated yourself within a group that has denominated itself from the RCC, the EOC, and all other Christian sects. Thousands of them.

who sought to sow discord and error.

Nope. I'm a Reconciliationist. But in the process of reconciliation, others have to see their error. You can't and won't. You presume the DyoHypoTrin doctrine is grandfathered as absolute objective truth because of an age-old religio-political battle that gave us intermittent Arian O/orthodoxy and all manner of conflict.

I'm not the one sowing discord and error. DyoHypoTrins have anathematized the entire world over subtleties of semantics and all manner of minutiae.

Indeed, yours is not a new truth given only to you,

Correct. It's been an available truth that a number of others have attempted to explain and resolve, including many professing DyoHypoTrins. I just finished the task and am willing to stand up to all the DyoHypoTrin bullies who are so smug in their sectarian schizm and lifeless denominationalism of misrepresentation of God Himself.

but just the same error denounced by the church many, many, hundreds of years ago.

Again with the tradition of an institutional Church you've denounced as Reformed. How convenient and expedient for you to always hypocritically play both sides of the fence.

Your assertions are baseless opinion of an indoctrinate and denominator of self and sect. You feign unity. You feign love. You feign being the representative and arbiter of all spiritual truth.

Your impotent and immanent god couldn't and didn't create ALL. Your false multi-hypostatic god is inherently contained and constrained in and by an eternity you insist He didn't create. That UNcreated eternity renders your god null and void.

The ANFs and ECFs missed ONE thing. ONE. And one subsequent thing because of that, leading to a diminution of total truth. The sub-tenets are correct, and Athanasius was particularly insightful in the Cappadocian effort to unite semantics, etc. But they still missed something, and all else was to compensate for that. God created eternity, and is inherently transcendent TO it, though inhabiting it for all everlasting.

The bulk of their attention was on the many internal and external challenges to the faith; and many of those were to hybridize Christianity with other existing belief systems. In the midst of all that, they missed the true and utter transcendence of God to ALL creation; and that includes Him INhabiting eternity when/as He created it by His Logos. His literal and actual Logos. The Logos that was with and was God. Wholly divine, and became flesh.

If you weren't so dogmatized and compromised, you might be able to divest your insidious bias to know the truth. You prefer the doctrines of men's dialectic over the didactic truth of inspired scripture.

God is not three hypostases, regardless how you want to play the semantics. You have nothing from the text but attempted inference, and mostly based on self-refuting personal pronouns and the like.

F/S/HS are all distinct, eternal, uncreated, non-modal, concurrent, conessential, consubstantial, ontological Deity. But they're not a triplicate of any singular term, and they're not multiple hypostases ("persons").

God is ONE transcendent ousia. God is ONE qualitativley two-fold heavenly-immanent hypostasis. And the Incarnate Logos is the earthly-immanent prosopon OF that hypostasis (the express image OF God's hypostasis).

You're blinded by dogma, ideology, denomination, schizm, and the dialectic consensus of men over the didactic truth of God by His Word and His Spirit. You're in the majority, presuming might makes right. It isn't and doesn't.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
When all else fails, make bare assertions and declarations. LOL.

I'm a Monohypostatic Trinitarian. God IS a Monohypostatic Trinity (but not a Dyohypostatic Trinity). Now what? LOL.

Can you define these two views in a sentence or two. After countless posts by you, I still don't get your point.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
Can you define these two views in a sentence or two. After countless posts by you, I still don't get your point.

Sure. But even if it's two sentences, it's difficult to comprehend without more ellaboration.

Dyo means multiple. Mono means one. Hypostatic refers to hypostases (plural) or hypostasis (singular).

The DyoHypoTrin doctrine is that God is three hypostases/one ousia. Its foudation is a passively presumed UNcreated eternity as God's inherent "divine state of being". The unchallenged O/orthodox position is that eternity is God and God is eternity.

My MonoHypoTrin position maintains that there aren't multiple hypostases in scripture for God; and so sought to retain all sub-tenets of the DyoHypo view while accounting for God being one ousia and one hypostasis, with that hypostasis being revealed by the Incarnate Logos as a prosopon.

The foundation of the MonoHypoTrin position is actually based on different Cosmogony (the point of origin of all creation) that reflects the biblical truth that God created ALL, including eternity. Eternity is everlasting, but had an inception. A beginning. Only God is UNcreated. And God is utterly Self-existent, not depending upon an UNcreated eternity for His "state of being".

The MonoHypoTrin position presents God's inherent Self-existence as one transcendent* ousia. God's Logos (Word) and Pneuma (Spirit/Breath) are exactly and literally that: His Logos and His Pneuma. To create, God spoke and breathed His Word and His Breath; and that was the origin of both realms of existence, both eternity as the third heaven and temporality as the first and second heavens. At this Divine Utterance, God's Logos and Pneuma proceeded forth/proceedeth (exerchomai/ekporeuomai respectively, according to John 8:42 and 15:26) INTO eternity when/as God created it.

This procession was the qualitatively two-fold heavenly-immanent singular hypostasis of God's ousia. The substance OF His inherent essence. The Pneuma is God's omnipresence and the Logos is the entire divine personAL substance of God's unabridged Divinity in localized presence.

(*Transcendent means beyond, and is not to be confused with TranscendentISM which is gnostic and emanational; nor is it to be confused with TranscendentALISM, which is New Age mysticism and practice in various ways within other belief systems.)

Hypostasis is the Greek term that all "person/s" terminology comes from for English; but hypostasis is NOT a "person". So the MonoHypo view is NOT that God is one "person". God isn't "person/s" of ANY quantity. God revealed Himself as adjectivally personAL by relation.

HYPOSTASIS
Hypostasis is substance when contrasted to essence (ousia), or subsistence when contrasted to substance (ousia). Hypostasis is a compound from hyphistemi, to place or set under.

That which underlies the apparent; hence reality, essence, substance; that which is the basis of something; hence also meaning assurance, guarantee, confidence. The ground of confidence, assurance, guarantee, or proof.

Metonymically, of that quality which leads one to stand under, endure, or undertake something; firmness, boldness, confidence.

Substance, what really exists under any appearance, reality, essential nature.

The express image OF a hypostasis is a prosopon.

PROSOPON
Prosopon is face/presence/person; personal presence; appearance. Literally the outward personal presence and appearance of one in the sight of another.

For there to be observability, there must be an observer and observation. The inward underlying reality of a hypostasis is revealed by the presence and appearance. A hypostasis revealed by a prosopon is shown to be adjectivally "personAL" by the face/person/presence revealed.

God's own Logos pierced to the dividing asunder (partitioned for distribution) His own Spirit out from His own transcendent Self (Soul) when/as He created ALL, including eternity and temporality as both realms of existence.

In this specific manner encompassing His utter transcendence, the created eternity and created temporality of BOTH realms of existence; God emodied His Divinity external to Himself by Incarnating His Logos distinct from Himself as the Son. And in this manner alone, God is Spirit-Soul-Body of one Divinity.

The literal Logos, which was and was with God, became literal flesh as the Son. As Tertullian, the "grandfather" of the Trinity doctrine said in the early third century... "The interal Logos became the exteral Son."

The earthly-immanent prosopon of the heavenly-immanent hypostasis of the utterly transcendent ousia of God. God's Logos in/as a man, distinct from Himself as the Son.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
My dynohippostatic theory is that that this Bible stuff should be simple. You seem to have a knack for making it inexplicable.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
My dynohippostatic theory is that that this Bible stuff should be simple. You seem to have a knack for making it inexplicable.

Yes, many think God should be brought down to a level of human simplicity. It gives them sense of promoted self to think God isn't much beyond humans.

The simplicity is in the Gospel. Jesus Christ and Him crucified. He died for our sin. We have everlasting life by grace through faith.

There's your simplicity. Theology Proper regarding God's constitution isn't simple. He's God, not what man determines Him to be and distilled in man's mind.

You seem to have a knack for silly concepts that suit simplistic human minds.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Yes, many think God should be brought down to a level of human simplicity.

Paul had the same problem.

But I fear, lest somehow, as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness, so your minds may be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. (2 Corinthians 11:3)​

Paul kept things simple enough that even I can understand it. But this dyohyomonostatis stuff is too much.

Festus said with a loud voice, “Paul, you are beside yourself! Much learning is driving you mad!”

Crazy, isn't it?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Psuche man, please don't misunderstand. I actually get a kick out of reading your stuff. I think you are probably a nice guy, maybe just a little over educated or under articulate.

I've always subscribed to the theory that jargon is a cover up for a lack of understanding.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
Paul had the same problem.

But I fear, lest somehow, as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness, so your minds may be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. (2 Corinthians 11:3)​

Yep. The simplicity is in Christ, not the transcendent Self-existent God.

Paul kept things simple enough that even I can understand it.

But you don't. You sure think you do, though.

But this dyohyomonostatis stuff is too much.

All views have this depth of exegesis and lexical expression. You just can't participate at that level so you think it's superfluous. It's not.

Festus said with a loud voice, “Paul, you are beside yourself! Much learning is driving you mad!”

And this about the guy you said kept it simple. If you knew anything about Paul, you'd know he was among the most learned men ever.

Crazy, isn't it?

Not in the way you think. But your divine family concept is crazy.

Psuche man, please don't misunderstand.

I don't.

I actually get a kick out of reading your stuff.

Okay. That's good, I suppose.

I think you are probably a nice guy, maybe just a little over educated or under articulate.

Under articulate? LOL. I've never once been accused of that. And many accuse me of being under-educated, because I don't adhere to the silliness of the O/orthodox Trinity.

I've always subscribed to the theory that jargon is a cover up for a lack of understanding.

Yeah, theories will let you down every time. Better stay with facts and truth instead.

Jason0047

As for God and Eternity:

Psalm 90:2
"...from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God."

This passage does not say,

"I created everlasting to everlasting, and I am God within it."

Besides, think about Everlasting for a moment. Everlasting is a long time. This means God was never created. He has always existed. Eternity is an attribute or characteristic of the Almighty and it is not something He created. It's a part of Him. For the Scriptures say, he alone has immortality (1 Timothy 6:16). This is a part of God's nature. For a thousand years is like a day to Him and day is like a thousand years (2 Peter 3:8). God did not need to create this ability for Himself. He already had it. God created linear time when he created the universe. If God created Eternity to inhabit, then what in the world was He inhabiting before He created Eternity?

As for the Godhead (i.e. the Trinity): This is dangerous to deny the doctrine of the Godhead or the Trinity.

For without the Person of Jesus, the Atonement is denied. This is Modalism and it is wrong.

Yeah, but why is it wrong? Well, what Modalism is actually saying is that the separate person of Jesus Christ, the Son, is not real and never died on the cross because He does not exist. A separate Person does not exist. Only the Father (or Almighty God) exists and changes his face to turn into and look like the Son. This is a bold denial of God as a whole (since Jesus Christ is fully 100% God) and a denial of the work of the existing Second Person of God: the Son.

A human example would be that a Father agreed with his son that he would go out and pay an extremely expensive price for criminals to be free from their death sentences, and that his son would own them and they would be given to him; and he would show them compassion. After hearing about freedom from their judicial punishments of death because of the son’s payment, those criminals— instead of going with the son who bought them— believe the father is actually the one who bought them because he morphed into the mode of the son. Furthermore, the criminals claim that the son who actually bought them with his father’s urging does not even exist. They believe only the father exists and shifts into a different looking mode to become his own son, but is still the exact same person as there is not a son person and a father person, but only a father person who shifts modes. He just changed into the son. So the son who actually bought them with an extremely expensive price is denied as well as his hard work earning the payment for them to be free. This is a major insult to the son. But in reality the only way they could be free is if they understand that the son is actually a real person who exists and is not the father, and they follow him. Because since these criminals deny the son who bought them, and instead believe his father shape shifted into a son to become him, that real son that exists separately from his father will deny them in the presence of his father.

Modalism denies Jesus Christ. The Bible teaches that if you deny Jesus Christ (being the Son of God, a separate Person from the Father, and separate from the Person of the Holy Spirit), He will deny you in the presence of God the Father. Jesus Christ Himself said, “For whoever is ashamed of Me and My words, the Son of Man will be ashamed of him when He comes in His glory and that of the Father and the holy angels” (Luke 9:26). Jesus in Luke 12:9 also said, “…but whoever denies Me before men will be denied before the angels of God.” So it is obvious that Modalism denies Christ despite the fact they try to claim they promote Jesus and follow Him. The Oneness “Jesus” is a “false Jesus” that does not exist and profanes, and blasphemies the true living, eternal, Son of God. It misplaces credit for propitiation onto the Father, when propitiation was strictly something the Son did. Romans 3:24 says that the redemption is in Christ Jesus, and in verse 25 it says, “God presented Him as the propitiation through faith in His blood, to demonstrate His righteousness, because in His restraint God passed over sins previously committed.” It does not say that the Father was the propitiation. 1 John 2:2 explicitly states that Jesus Christ alone was the propitiation: “He Himself is the propitiation for our sins, and not only for ours, but also for those of the whole world.” Since the Trinity is true, Modalism is denying God by claiming the Person of the Son does not exist. 1 John 2:23 expresses it simply, “No one who denies the Son can have the Father…” All repentant sinners become Christians who receive salvation. Christians are saved because they call on the name of the Lord and confess that Jesus Christ is Lord. If someone repents to a false God that does not exist, one that denies the existence of the Person of the Son, they will not have salvation. Romans 10:9 says, “…if you confess with your mouth, ‘Jesus is Lord,’ and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.” If a person claims this verse for a Modalistic Jesus, one that denies the Person of the Son, there is no power for salvation.

Modalism denies the Father’s ability to be a righteous judge

Not only is Modalism an offense to the Person of the Son, but it offends the Person of the Father by ignoring His sacrificial giving of His one and only Son, the Son which He loves so much in relation within the Godhead; and it claims instead that He is the one who died and gave the propitiation for sins. Ignoring the extreme sacrifice the Father allowed to happen to His precious Son is an extreme insult to the love of the Father for sinners that He would allow His own Son (who was willing) to be punished in their place; and not only that, but that the Father is the one who gave out all of the crushing punishment to His own Son. Isaiah 54:6 says, “The LORD has punished Him for the iniquity of us all.” Also, 2 Corinthians 5:21 states, “He made the One who did not know sin to be sin for us, so that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.” Modalism denies God this glory and insults the Father. The Father remained pure and untouched by sin and is the righteous judge that gave out His wrath onto Christ. If Modalism is true it means that God existing in one person, being the Father would have became sinful and then killed himself. There would be no righteous judge untouched by sin able to pour out the wrath. It would be the Father becoming sin on His own and then punishing Himself. This idea cancels out a pure and holy Person who is able to remain innocent who can judge sin. In reality, since the Trinity is what is true, there is a righteous and clean judge untouched by sin that was able to pour out His wrath onto Jesus Christ (who was made sin willingly by the Father) and complete the ability for salvation to be completed. To deny the Father’s giving of His real eternally existing Son is blasphemy, and it cancels out the ability for salvation. Such a person as the “god father” of Modalism does not exist and it profanes the true Father’s work. Therefore, Modalism completely denies the true Father.

1 John 2:22 firmly states, “He is the antichrist, the one who denies the Father and the Son.”

Of course the most basic reason why Modalism cancels out salvation is that if the Trinity is true, it means that God is Three-As-One and anything other than a triune God does not exist. Worshiping a God that does not exist is idolatry. Modalism is a false religion and God commands that there should never be any other gods worshiped besides Him (Exodus 20:3). There is no forgiveness of sins if a person puts their trust into a false god. Just because the name of a false God uses the same titles and names as the true, triune God of Scripture does not mean it is the same God. Matthew 24:24 claims there will be false Christ’s coming, and 1 Corinthians 11:4 says that people can preach a different Jesus and a different spirit and Christians should not put up with it.

The modalistic god denies the Eternal Person of the Son, thus meaning they deny the true God and profane His atonement.

Article Source:
http://whitedragonawa.wordpress.com/2012/02/16/why-modalism-is-a-damnable-heresy/

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
As for God and Eternity:

Psalm 90:2
"...from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God."

This passage does not say,

"I created everlasting to everlasting, and I am God within it."

I didn't say it did. I didn't say anything about everlasting (olam). I was referring to eternity, which God INhabiteth (Isaiah 57:15).

Besides, think about Everlasting for a moment.

Why? You don't understand it. And I'm not talking about olam.

Everlasting is a long time. This means God was never created. He has always existed.

So you'll later say God created time, but now you say everlasting is a long time. LOL.

Eternity is an attribute or characteristic of the Almighty and it is not something He created.

No. Eternality is. God INhabiteth eternity. He tents there as His abode.

It's a part of Him.

This is a form of Pantheism. Its' unChristian.

For the Scriptures say, he alone has immortality (1 Timothy 6:16).

Immortality is not eternity. God doesn't INhabite immortality. God DOES inhabit eternity.

This is a part of God's nature.

Nope. That's Pantheism in some manner.

For a thousand years is like a day to Him and day is like a thousand years (2 Peter 3:8).

So? That's all time. God created time. But you insist eternity is God and is UNcreated, yet it is "a long time". LOL.

God did not need to create this ability for Himself.

He didn't. You're confusing several things as the same.

He already had it.

Immortality isn't eternity OR everlasting.

God created linear time when he created the universe.

Sorta. But since you don't having any real clue about Cosmogony while pretending to, it won't be something you can comprehend.

If God created Eternity to inhabit, then what in the world

Ummm... Seriously?

was He inhabiting before He created Eternity?

Nothing. He's Self-existent. He isn't contained or constrained by anything. God alone is UNcreated. He created ALL "whens", "wheres", and "whats/whos".

And you insisted olam (which is not eternity) is a long time, indicating there is time there. And it's a there, so it's a where. God created ALL where.

As for the Godhead (i.e. the Trinity): This is dangerous to deny the doctrine of the Godhead or the Trinity.

There isn't a "doctrine of the Godhead". Godhead is Theotes or Theiotes, meaning divinity. And it's not dangerous at all to deny the false DyoHypo Trinity doctrine, since it's error.

For without the Person of Jesus, the Atonement is denied.

Umm.... My view isn't withouth the person of Jesus. The atonement is not denied.

This is Modalism and it is wrong.

Ummmm.... I'm not a Modalist, and I've made that very clear. It's amateur hour now, is what it is. Your posts are inane.

Yeah, but why is it wrong? Well, what Modalism is actually saying is that the separate person of Jesus Christ, the Son, is not real and never died on the cross because He does not exist. A separate Person does not exist. Only the Father (or Almighty God) exists and changes his face to turn into and look like the Son. This is a bold denial of God as a whole (since Jesus Christ is fully 100% God) and a denial of the work of the existing Second Person of God: the Son.

A human example would be that a Father agreed with his son that he would go out and pay an extremely expensive price for criminals to be free from their death sentences, and that his son would own them and they would be given to him; and he would show them compassion. After hearing about freedom from their judicial punishments of death because of the son’s payment, those criminals— instead of going with the son who bought them— believe the father is actually the one who bought them because he morphed into the mode of the son. Furthermore, the criminals claim that the son who actually bought them with his father’s urging does not even exist. They believe only the father exists and shifts into a different looking mode to become his own son, but is still the exact same person as there is not a son person and a father person, but only a father person who shifts modes. He just changed into the son. So the son who actually bought them with an extremely expensive price is denied as well as his hard work earning the payment for them to be free. This is a major insult to the son. But in reality the only way they could be free is if they understand that the son is actually a real person who exists and is not the father, and they follow him. Because since these criminals deny the son who bought them, and instead believe his father shape shifted into a son to become him, that real son that exists separately from his father will deny them in the presence of his father.

Modalism denies Jesus Christ. The Bible teaches that if you deny Jesus Christ (being the Son of God, a separate Person from the Father, and separate from the Person of the Holy Spirit), He will deny you in the presence of God the Father. Jesus Christ Himself said, “For whoever is ashamed of Me and My words, the Son of Man will be ashamed of him when He comes in His glory and that of the Father and the holy angels” (Luke 9:26). Jesus in Luke 12:9 also said, “…but whoever denies Me before men will be denied before the angels of God.” So it is obvious that Modalism denies Christ despite the fact they try to claim they promote Jesus and follow Him. The Oneness “Jesus” is a “false Jesus” that does not exist and profanes, and blasphemies the true living, eternal, Son of God. It misplaces credit for propitiation onto the Father, when propitiation was strictly something the Son did. Romans 3:24 says that the redemption is in Christ Jesus, and in verse 25 it says, “God presented Him as the propitiation through faith in His blood, to demonstrate His righteousness, because in His restraint God passed over sins previously committed.” It does not say that the Father was the propitiation. 1 John 2:2 explicitly states that Jesus Christ alone was the propitiation: “He Himself is the propitiation for our sins, and not only for ours, but also for those of the whole world.” Since the Trinity is true, Modalism is denying God by claiming the Person of the Son does not exist. 1 John 2:23 expresses it simply, “No one who denies the Son can have the Father…” All repentant sinners become Christians who receive salvation. Christians are saved because they call on the name of the Lord and confess that Jesus Christ is Lord. If someone repents to a false God that does not exist, one that denies the existence of the Person of the Son, they will not have salvation. Romans 10:9 says, “…if you confess with your mouth, ‘Jesus is Lord,’ and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.” If a person claims this verse for a Modalistic Jesus, one that denies the Person of the Son, there is no power for salvation.

Modalism denies the Father’s ability to be a righteous judge

Not only is Modalism an offense to the Person of the Son, but it offends the Person of the Father by ignoring His sacrificial giving of His one and only Son, the Son which He loves so much in relation within the Godhead; and it claims instead that He is the one who died and gave the propitiation for sins. Ignoring the extreme sacrifice the Father allowed to happen to His precious Son is an extreme insult to the love of the Father for sinners that He would allow His own Son (who was willing) to be punished in their place; and not only that, but that the Father is the one who gave out all of the crushing punishment to His own Son. Isaiah 54:6 says, “The LORD has punished Him for the iniquity of us all.” Also, 2 Corinthians 5:21 states, “He made the One who did not know sin to be sin for us, so that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.” Modalism denies God this glory and insults the Father. The Father remained pure and untouched by sin and is the righteous judge that gave out His wrath onto Christ. If Modalism is true it means that God existing in one person, being the Father would have became sinful and then killed himself. There would be no righteous judge untouched by sin able to pour out the wrath. It would be the Father becoming sin on His own and then punishing Himself. This idea cancels out a pure and holy Person who is able to remain innocent who can judge sin. In reality, since the Trinity is what is true, there is a righteous and clean judge untouched by sin that was able to pour out His wrath onto Jesus Christ (who was made sin willingly by the Father) and complete the ability for salvation to be completed. To deny the Father’s giving of His real eternally existing Son is blasphemy, and it cancels out the ability for salvation. Such a person as the “god father” of Modalism does not exist and it profanes the true Father’s work. Therefore, Modalism completely denies the true Father.

1 John 2:22 firmly states, “He is the antichrist, the one who denies the Father and the Son.”

Of course the most basic reason why Modalism cancels out salvation is that if the Trinity is true, it means that God is Three-As-One and anything other than a triune God does not exist. Worshiping a God that does not exist is idolatry. Modalism is a false religion and God commands that there should never be any other gods worshiped besides Him (Exodus 20:3). There is no forgiveness of sins if a person puts their trust into a false god. Just because the name of a false God uses the same titles and names as the true, triune God of Scripture does not mean it is the same God. Matthew 24:24 claims there will be false Christ’s coming, and 1 Corinthians 11:4 says that people can preach a different Jesus and a different spirit and Christians should not put up with it.

The modalistic god denies the Eternal Person of the Son, thus meaning they deny the true God and profane His atonement.

Article Source:
http://whitedragonawa.wordpress.com/2012/02/16/why-modalism-is-a-damnable-heresy/

First, you had to google all that, and you likely have no real understanding of what Modalism is. But secondly, I'm not a Modalist. So you wasted your time in posting something you don't understand and isn't applicable.

The shallow end of the pool is over there >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
PneumoniaSuckySoma, you are the biggest bag of hot air I think I have ever seen in a forum.

I have never seen anyone who thinks they are so smart and be so colossally wrong in every post, and snotty on top of it all.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
PneumoniaSuckySlumber, you are the biggest bag of hot air I think I have ever seen in a forum.

LOL. Since you're an RCC DyoHypoTrin, that's as irrelevant as your false doctrine of God AND all the other false contrived doctrines you represent.

So I'll always be at least only second-biggest bag of hot air to you and all your peers.