ECT Our triune God

Apple7

That's not what the translators say Apple. You can be just as wrong as we could be, but this verse is very clear. Our Lord tells us we have one God. Just like he does. I know that puts a damper on tradition, but we have to open our minds to truth. We cannot alter his words to fit the traditions of men friend.

Ps: I quite my day job 15 years ago.

We have been over this verse numerous times with you already.

What part are you still in denial of?

Can you say Alzheimer’s, pops?;)

Apple7

Trinitarian doctrine claims Jesus is the creator.

Where?

Therefore the creator died, but to get around that the trin says only the man part of Jesus died.

The trin claims Jesus IS and was the God/man from birth, trins says Jesus was 100% God and 100% man.

Therefore the trin denies the death of Christ. That is the bottom line.

LA

Scripture informs the reader that Jesus' flesh was put to death...1 Pet 3:18

keypurr

We have been over this verse numerous times with you already.

What part are you still in denial of?

Can you say Alzheimer’s, pops?;)

I know, when will you ever learn Apple. Why does your Greek differ from the folks who have translated the Bibles? Are they all wrong?

You just do not wish to read God's words that you don't wish to see. follow your church, it's you soul to worry about. I will follow Jesus and HIS GOD.

keypurr

Trinitarian doctrine claims Jesus is the creator.

Therefore the creator died, but to get around that the trin says only the man part of Jesus died.

The trin claims Jesus IS and was the God/man from birth, trins says Jesus was 100% God and 100% man.

Therefore the trin denies the death of Christ. That is the bottom line.

LA

Lets see, 100% of this and 100% of that makes 200% of this/that.

What does percent (%) mean?

It means they don't know what they are talking about.

Lon

Lets see, 100% of this and 100% of that makes 200% of this/that.

What does percent (%) mean?

It means they don't know what they are talking about.
That is all still "trying to figure it out" language.

We don't have to 'figure it all out.' Shoot, I don't have the brain for it and I'm fairly intelligent but that is precisely what the triune position is: Just read it and believe it, when or until God makes it all perfectly clear.

To say Jesus is less than God is literally throwing out scripture. Literally. You can just cut these verses out because they don't matter at all to one's logical thinking:

John 1:1 The Logos is both with and was God. How can you answer something like that? It can't be answered as far as I'm concerned.

Just leave it be and believe it, or don't? Why must man be the one to think he can answer for God here?

Philippians 2:6
who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God,

Same thing here. We are told Christ is both God and with God. In fact, this scripture paints it incredibly clear with "form." It means "Literally God, in a different form." It is another one of those verses of being both with and is God at the same time (as if we were making it up from John 1:1)? Why do we, as mere men need to feel it is our job to explain our God? What makes us think we have the capacity to explain infinite things as mere finite creations when the idea given is more than apparently beyond us?
Why does anybody think they can explain this idea? I would be skeptical if Einstein tried to do it. Why would anybody venture past God's word to say Jesus isn't God when it is clear that He is somehow both with and is God. I mean, no, it isn't clear, but this thing that is hard to figure out is at least given clearly.

It is like me getting a dump truck of marbles and trying to put them into a mayonaise jar, all of them. No we don't know why we were given a dump truck load of marbles and then only a small jar. God doesn't make mistakes so we can sit on the curb throw marbles or think we know for sure that they are all going to fit in that jar when it is very clear they are not. How can Jesus be both God and with God? I don't know. I will wait for my answer, that is the triune stance: There is an answer. I've only got a piece of the big picture at the moment.

Apple7

I know, when will you ever learn Apple. Why does your Greek differ from the folks who have translated the Bibles? Are they all wrong?

You just do not wish to read God's words that you don't wish to see. follow your church, it's you soul to worry about. I will follow Jesus and HIS GOD.

The very English renderings that you constantly and incessantly use for your unitrarian position were rendered by Trinitarians in the first place!

So…no, pops, you are the odd man out…

keypurr

The very English renderings that you constantly and incessantly use for your unitrarian position were rendered by Trinitarians in the first place!

So…no, pops, you are the odd man out…

Wrong again Apple, but thanks for saying that I am the odd man out. I take that as a compliment. Jesus has one God, so do I. That is just the way it is.

keypurr

Joh 17:3

(ASV) And this is life eternal, that they should know thee the only true God, and him whom thou didst send, even Jesus Christ.

(BBE) And this is eternal life: to have knowledge of you, the only true God, and of him whom you have sent, even Jesus Christ.

(CEV) Eternal life is to know you, the only true God, and to know Jesus Christ, the one you sent.

(DRB) Now this is eternal life: That they may know thee, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

(ESV) And this is eternal life, that they know you the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent.

(GNB) And eternal life means to know you, the only true God, and to know Jesus Christ, whom you sent.

(GW) This is eternal life: to know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you sent.

(ISV) And this is eternal life: to know you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent-Jesus Christ.

(KJV) And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

(NAS77) "And this is eternal life, that they may know Thee, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom Thou hast sent.

(NASB) "This is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.

(NET.) Now this is eternal life — that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you sent.

(NIrV) "And what is eternal life? It is knowing you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.

(NIV) Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.

(NKJV) And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.

(NRSV) And this is eternal life, that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent.

(NRSVA) And this is eternal life, that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent.

(TNIV) Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.

Now you are saying that these Greek reading translators are wrong?
Show me, I am interested in how they are all wrong.

Where is the trinity God? Jesus does not mention it. Do you see a trinity God in this verse? NO, you see ONE GOD, THE FATHER.

Jesus Speaking:
John 20:17 - "I am going to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God."

Matthew 27:46 - "My God, My God, why have you forsaken me?"

Revelation 3:12 - "Him who overcomes I will make a pillar in the temple of my God. Never again will he leave it. I will write on him the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which is coming down out of heaven from my God."

Revelation 3:2 - "for I have not found your works complete in the sight of my God."

Paul:
Ephesians 1:3 - "Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ."

Ephesians 1:17 - "I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father..."

2 Corinthians 1:3 - "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ."

2 Corinthians 11:31 - "The God and Father of the Lord Jesus Christ knows, He who is blessed forever, that I do not lie."

Romans 15:6 - "that with one accord you may with one voice glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ."

Peter:
1 Peter 1:3 - "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ."

John:
Revelation 1:6 - "To him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood, who has made us into a kingdom, priests for his God and Father."

Apple7

Joh 17:3

(ASV) And this is life eternal, that they should know thee the only true God, and him whom thou didst send, even Jesus Christ.

(BBE) And this is eternal life: to have knowledge of you, the only true God, and of him whom you have sent, even Jesus Christ.

(CEV) Eternal life is to know you, the only true God, and to know Jesus Christ, the one you sent.

(DRB) Now this is eternal life: That they may know thee, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

(ESV) And this is eternal life, that they know you the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent.

(GNB) And eternal life means to know you, the only true God, and to know Jesus Christ, whom you sent.

(GW) This is eternal life: to know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you sent.

(ISV) And this is eternal life: to know you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent-Jesus Christ.

(KJV) And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

(NAS77) "And this is eternal life, that they may know Thee, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom Thou hast sent.

(NASB) "This is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.

(NET.) Now this is eternal life — that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you sent.

(NIrV) "And what is eternal life? It is knowing you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.

(NIV) Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.

(NKJV) And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.

(NRSV) And this is eternal life, that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent.

(NRSVA) And this is eternal life, that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent.

(TNIV) Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.

Now you are saying that these Greek reading translators are wrong?
Show me, I am interested in how they are all wrong.

Where is the trinity God? Jesus does not mention it. Do you see a trinity God in this verse? NO, you see ONE GOD, THE FATHER.

Please show us the word 'Father' in any one of these verses...

keypurr

Maybe you should read the verses around it. OPEN YOUR EYES

Joh 17:1 These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:
Joh 17:2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

Joh 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.
Joh 17:4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.
Joh 17:5 And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

WHO DO YOU THINK HE WAS ADRESSING? Check verse one Apple7.
God denier?? Christ is telling you his Father is the ONLY God. Listen to him.

Apple7

Maybe you should read the verses around it. OPEN YOUR EYES

Joh 17:1 These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:
Joh 17:2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

Joh 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.
Joh 17:4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.
Joh 17:5 And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

WHO DO YOU THINK HE WAS ADRESSING? Check verse one Apple7.
God denier?? Christ is telling you his Father is the ONLY God. Listen to him.

You can't even read English correctly, pops.

Jesus Christ, the one who was sent, is identified as the only true God!

Even in English you should have been able to pick up on this!

Redeemed-777

In Colossians (1:16), Jesus Christ is stated as being the causal agent
responsible for the entire Universe…

Thus, from this Biblical verse alone,
creation is By, Through, and For Jesus Christ all at the same time…
indicating, yet, again, that He is the Triune creator God of the Universe.
Thanks for this exposition through the Greek in your post #686.

Years ago, I got a strong revelation that Jesus is EVERYTHING ... it's all about Him ... etc.
It's His world, His playpen, His test tube, His EVERYTHING.

The CEO, Father God, said to the Word (the Logos), the Second Person of the Triune Godhead:
"This one's just for You. You desire it, so go and raise up some eternal friends for Yourself."

Last edited:

Pierac

Now many times do we have to witness this uni-ignorance?:doh:

This verse mandates that Jesus is the only true God in the Greek, brother. However, you already amply demonstrated that you don’t know any Greek at all.

Zero.

Nor can you even begin to defend your ignorant position.

You don’t even have the skill-set to use a simple concordance.

Don’t quit your day job…

Joh 17:1 Jesus spoke these things; and lifting up His eyes to heaven, He said, "Father, the hour has come; glorify Your Son, that the Son may glorify You, even as You gave Him authority over all flesh, that to all whom You have given Him, He may give eternal life. "This is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.

Really, When Jesus says YOU to the Father ... in the Greek he was actually talking about Himself? Who taught you Greek? You should get another teacher!

So according to you! When Jesus said YOU in...

Mat 3:7 But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees coming for baptism, he said to them, "You brood of vipers, who warned you to flee from the wrath to come?

According to your Greek Jesus was calling Himself a brood of vipers in Mat 3:7 like he was calling himself GOD In John 17: 1-3! :chuckle:

Buddy, don't give up your day language! :chuckle:

How many times do I need to make you look stupid before you stop posting such traditions of men crap! :rolleyes:

You don't get it do you! Your an embarrassment to real Trinitarians who actually try to make Scripture fit their views! :think:

Paul

Pierac

Ya know, I'm on nyquil at the moment but let me help you out (I know, it should incapacitate me from being any help at all, but let me try anyway)...

I am a bit surprised that incapacitated on cold/bronchitus medicine has me beyond your 'righteousness' and 'spirituality,' yes. That does indeed surprise me.

Drop the 'righteousness' and 'spirituality,' pretentious crap! It's just your nyquil speaking! I feel your pain in regards to the cold/bronchitis! It's been a bad season for all! I don't hate nor feel any malice to wards Trinitarians ... I just correct theirs/yours tradition of men... and I do it very well! That's what's why I piss you off so bad! Just like Jesus did the Pharisees! So much so they wanted to kill him! Feel familiar? :think:

Paul

Apple7

Joh 17:1 Jesus spoke these things; and lifting up His eyes to heaven, He said, "Father, the hour has come; glorify Your Son, that the Son may glorify You, even as You gave Him authority over all flesh, that to all whom You have given Him, He may give eternal life. "This is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.

Really, When Jesus says YOU to the Father ... in the Greek he was actually talking about Himself? Who taught you Greek? You should get another teacher!

You don’t even know how to use a concordance, brother, how then are you going to understand the English translation?

You want the ‘only true God’ to apply to the Father, and yet it is directly coupled to the Son who was sent by the Father.

Please tell us how the Father sends the Father?!

Wile E. Coyote

Pierac wrote:
That's what's why I piss you off so bad! Just like Jesus did the Pharisees! So much so they wanted to kill him!

The Jews wanted to kill Jesus because He claimed to be the Son of God which was the same as profaning the name of YHWH (John 19:7; Leviticus 24:16). To claim to be the Son of God was tantamount to claiming equality with God (John 5:18).

You need to bone up on Jewish thought.

Wile E. Coyote

Pierac wrote:

The Jews wanted to kill Jesus because He claimed to be the Son of God which was the same as profaning the name of YHWH (John 19:7; Leviticus 24:16). To claim to be the Son of God was tantamount to claiming equality with God (John 5:18).

You need to bone up on Jewish thought.
Attn Pierac.

keypurr

You can't even read English correctly, pops.

Jesus Christ, the one who was sent, is identified as the only true God!

Even in English you should have been able to pick up on this!

There is no help for you friend. You just do not want truth.

Jesus is calling his father the only God, Apple it is not I that has the reading problem.

Wile E. Coyote

There is no help for you friend. You just do not want truth.

Jesus is calling his father the only God, Apple it is not I that has the reading problem.
Jesus was still in the form of a servant when He said that his Father was the only true God. But He was exalted to His former status and thus John says that Jesus Christ is the true God.

20 And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true; and we are in him who is true, in his Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life.

It says that "He" (Jesus Christ) is the "true God and eternal life." John said that Christ is the "eternal ife" (1 John 1:1-2).