Oregon Judge Refuses To Perform Same-Sex Marriages

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
I can choose if I want to kill someone. I can choose to cheat on my wife. I can choose to kidnap the next door neighbor. I cannot choose the sex of a person that I am attracted to. Whatever excuse you use to ostracize and demonize people is up to you. Just don't expect everyone to support you.

You can chose to obey (Eccl 12:13 NIV) or disobey (heterosexual [Lev. 20:10–12]/homosexual [Lev. 20:10,13]) God.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
I can choose if I want to kill someone. I can choose to cheat on my wife. I can choose to kidnap the next door neighbor. I cannot choose the age of a person that I am attracted to. Whatever excuse you use to ostracize and demonize people is up to you. Just don't expect everyone to support you.

congratulations!

pedophiles everywhere applaud your courage!

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I can choose if I want to kill someone. I can choose to cheat on my wife. I can choose to kidnap the next door neighbor. I cannot choose the sex of a person that I am attracted to. Whatever excuse you use to ostracize and demonize people is up to you. Just don't expect everyone to support you.

You cannot choose if you are attracted to your married neighbor, does that mean adultery is ok?

Are we demonizing adulterers when we say its wrong?

Attraction doesn't make something OK. That is when self control needs to be practiced.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
"I cannot choose the age of a person that I am attracted to. Whatever excuse you use to ostracize and demonize people is up to you. Just don't expect everyone to support you. Congratulations! Pedophiles everywhere applaud your courage!"

That's next. These same people believe we came from animals so it's only natural :freak: when man acts like an animal (Eccl 10:2, Jn 10:10). They argue that because through the process of natural selection some men became pedophiles, pedophilia must be beneficial somehow. If you disagree you are hater. :sozo2: This makes :CRASH: Mohammad a class act, too. :BRAVO:

:yawn: We hate evil (Ps 139:22). They do not (Eccl 10:2, Jn 10:10).

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Fun to watch, ain't it? :banana:

They (Eccl 10:2, Jn 10:10) want to be evil (Jn 3:19) :reals:--and :sozo2: claim the moral high ground.
28.gif
Re 22:11 :dizzy:

See:

Tactics of the Left

Last edited:

Buzzword

congratulations!

pedophiles everywhere applaud your courage!

You've been living under a box, haven't you?
Clearly the phrase "ability to consent" has escaped your notice.

This judge will be trod under just like the rest of his fading species by the march of history, which marches toward a more enlightened society that has cast off government-enforced bigotry and prejudice in favor of protecting the rights of each citizen to equal treatment under the law, regardless of the personal feelings of any government official.

ok doser

You've been living under a box, haven't you?
Clearly the phrase "ability to consent" has escaped your notice.

This judge will be trod under just like the rest of his fading species by the march of history, which marches toward a more enlightened society that has cast off government-enforced bigotry and prejudice in favor of protecting the rights of each citizen to equal treatment under the law, regardless of the personal feelings of any government official.

the point that you missed, being, that queetzal's refrain of "but I can't help who I'm attracted to!" is without value

I can't help being attracted to 68 Camaros, but that doesn't mean I have to marry them

Quetzal

the point that you missed, being, that queetzal's refrain of "but I can't help who I'm attracted to!" is without value

I can't help being attracted to 68 Camaros, but that doesn't mean I have to marry them
The real point I was trying to make is that each of those things are different from the next. Many on this forum want to box everything up to make their lazy argument easier. Truth is, not all actions are morally equal and each action has it's own set of circumstances as well as it's own set of legal standards. Instead of lumping homosexuality and pedophilia together, I only wish to address that there are significant differences.

Not that any of this matters because you are simply going to dismiss it on the grounds that it goes against what you were raised to believe.

ok doser

The real point I was trying to make is that each of those things are different from the next. Many on this forum want to box everything up to make their lazy argument easier. Truth is, not all actions are morally equal...

Right!

Heterosexual marriage? Moral

Homosexual "marriage"? Immoral

not morally equal at all :thumb:

...it's own set of legal standards...

I don't know why people expect Christians to honor legal standards that work contrary to God's Law :idunno:

Quetzal

Right!

Heterosexual marriage? Moral

Homosexual "marriage"? Immoral

not morally equal at all :thumb:
You are proving my point. You are separating and treating the two actions differently now because it supports you. But, when challenged, you have no problem lumping homosexuality and pedophilia together for the same reason.

ok doser

You are proving my point. You are separating and treating the two actions differently now because it supports you.

which two actions am i treating differently that i haven't before?

But, when challenged, you have no problem lumping homosexuality and pedophilia together for the same reason.

the similarity between homosexuality and pedophilia lies in the fact that they are both perversions of normal function

Interplanner

Evangelical pastors warned us 200 years ago against having the state be the authority about marriage--before homosexuality was even dreamed to be an alternative way of life.

Jose Fly

It's called civil disobedience

Have fun. I'm curious though...what exactly are you going to do?

What about it? That a black man can marry a white woman or vice versa?

In Obergefell v. Hodges, states had passed laws banning marrying someone of the same sex. Same sex couples sued, arguing that the bans were a violation of their Constitutional rights to liberty and equal protection under the law. The Supreme Court agreed and ruled that the bans are unconstitutional, thereby clearing the way for same sex couples to have legal marriages.

In Loving v. Virginia, states had passed laws banning marrying someone of a different race. Interracial couples sued, arguing that the bans were a violation of their Constitutional rights to liberty and equal protection under the law. The Supreme Court agreed and ruled that the bans are unconstitutional, thereby clearing the way for interracial couples to have legal marriages.

Regarding Obergefell v. Hodges, you stated it was a "half baked law pushed upon the people by the personal bias' of a supreme court justice. The so-called rights are perceived if others do not recognize the authority of the SCOTUS to trample their rights to impose it."

Why aren't you making the same argument against Loving v. Virginia? As you can see, the legal and Constitutional issues are exactly the same.

Yes.

No, they did not, they imposed the political whims of an illegitimate group upon the constitutional rights of those that oppose it on religious & moral grounds.

So I assume you have been making the same argument against Loving v. Virginia on the same grounds?

In essence they have pitted the constitution against itself by creating rights for an illegitimate group based upon aberrant behavior not even named in the constitution.

I don't recall interracial marriage being mentioned in the Constitution either.

You must live under a rock and this is not the only instance of it...

http://lastresistance.com/9546/michigan-public-school-board-allows-muslims-pray/

You must be a special kind of stupid. In that case, the schools merely allowed Muslim students to pray. And guess what? Christian students can do the same. They do all the time.

Again, you must be a special kind of stupid....the kind that doesn't understand the difference between going into a bakery and asking for cake #4 from the catalog, and going in and asking for a unique cake with specific speech on it.

Oh but, that is where you are dead wrong, the homosexual movement is all about acceptance & legitimacy of physiologically unnatural behavior which cannot be legislated.

Your paranoia is noted.

I don't believe anyone denies the sexual legitimacy of a marriage between a man & a woman regardless of race or ethnicity, nor is it even in the ballpark as a parallel for the opposition to homosexual marriage or the legitimacy of said marriage on biological, physiological, or moral grounds.

If you believe marrying someone of the same sex is wrong, then don't do it. But no one else is beholden to your beliefs.

Jose Fly

No she didnt, in the state of kentucky its illegal, she followed the law the supreme court cant make law- they can only intepret it. Its still up to the state or congress to make the law that allows it. That hasnt happened yet.

I am absolutely amazed at how little you know about our system of government. The only question is, are you just playing dumb to maintain your ignorant argument in this case, or are you truly this clueless.

Jose Fly

You discriminate every day. You discriminate between good eggs and rotten eggs. You discriminate between good milk and sour milk. You discriminate between good fish and bad fish. :idunno: What's wrong with having discriminating tastes? Is 5:20

Oh....my.....goodness.

Fundamentalists......:doh:

Quetzal

which two actions am i treating differently that i haven't before?

the similarity between homosexuality and pedophilia lies in the fact that they are both perversions of normal function
One is acceptable between consenting adults and the other isn't. Just because you can't get that through your own head doesn't mean we should draft laws to suit your bigoted state of mind.