Open Letter to Dr. James Dobson

Steve Wetzel

Steve, this has nothing to do with the Marines and everything to do with you. You have no knowledge of me or what I do, yet you prejudge me with your self-righteousness.

I have absolutely no desire to share with you what I have done for the unborn because you would find a way to make it look less beneficial than what you've done. Plus, I did it for them and for God, not you. There are people here that know me, and if they want to share what I've done, then that's fine, but you won't hear it from me.

Adam

Looks like this thread is beginning to gain traction.

Ok Adam. let's take this from your point above. If you wish to do this in private, I am game. If not, we can do this here.

You previously chimed in:

>>Pretend for a moment that it's World War II and the Jews are in the concentration camps. Nearby, some Christian churches are actually able to persuade the government to outlaw gassing of the Jews. Would the Jews run around in excitement to learn that they would no longer be gassed, but rather shot to death?<<

I took *your* question and turned it back on you and asked what you have done - at which point you disappeared.

You seem intimidated. Let's go private and speak as men.

Steve
mttu.com

Steve Wetzel

Hi Steve,
Welcome to TOL.
Do you and your group condemn all abortion related violence?

I hate answering a question with a question, but I think you will know the answer.

Which is more powerful - the sword of man or the Sword of the Spirit? And which has the longer lasting effect?

If one is a Bible-believing born again Christian- they **MUST** answer the Sword of the Spirit. Even Rev. Don Spitz of ArmyOfGod.com had trouble with this analogy.

Steve
mttu.com

Steve Wetzel

Good hair in picture Delmar. I can appreciate that as I have none.

Let's refocus on the subject at hand. The "open letter" to Dobson.

(Sheesh - can you believe *I* am saying this - the worst thread hijacker on the planet???)

The return of Christ must be near ...

Steve
mttu.com

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Good hair in picture Delmar. I can appreciate that as I have none.

Let's refocus on the subject at hand. The "open letter" to Dobson.

(Sheesh - can you believe *I* am saying this - the worst thread hijacker on the planet???)

The return of Christ must be near ...

Steve
mttu.com

I simply can not see how any political solution that does not recognize that a baby is a person, will do a bit of good!

nursemaria

WELCOME to TOL Nursemaria! What an outstanding post! :up:

Thanks Pastor Kevin. I read your posts, did not appear you got an answer to what stepping stone exists in this ruling, did you? I may have missed it.

Thanks for remaining faithful to Biblical truth!

Have a wonderful Sunday!!

Adam

Hall of Fame
Steve, I fail to see how what I have done for the unborn relates to either the Dobson issue, his support of the SCOTUS ruling, or to my hypothetical example of Christians influencing the government regarding the Jews being slaughtered in Germany.

I'm not backing down from anything and I see no reason to talk in private, there's nothing to hide.

CRASH

TOL Subscriber
I hate answering a question with a question, but I think you will know the answer.

Which is more powerful - the sword of man or the Sword of the Spirit? And which has the longer lasting effect?

If one is a Bible-believing born again Christian- they **MUST** answer the Sword of the Spirit. Even Rev. Don Spitz of ArmyOfGod.com had trouble with this analogy.

Steve
mttu.com

I honestly do not know your answer. Just give me a yes or no. I am a simple man.

QueenAtHome

Steve,

Did you come up with your slogan/motto?

Just curious because in case you haven't noticed it reads, "Can't we just save the babies???"

Most clinics are closed today, but tomorrow the doors will open and children will be ripped apart.

They must be ripped apart because people like you claim this latest ruling to be a victory. The Act prohibits an intact D&E so the abortionist is required to dismember the baby.

Can you explain why you feel that this is saving babies?

Maybe you should update your motto. You aren't living by it!

Steve Wetzel

Steve,

Did you come up with your slogan/motto?

Just curious because in case you haven't noticed it reads, "Can't we just save the babies???"

Most clinics are closed today, but tomorrow the doors will open and children will be ripped apart.

They must be ripped apart because people like you claim this latest ruling to be a victory. The Act prohibits an intact D&E so the abortionist is required to dismember the baby.

Can you explain why you feel that this is saving babies?

Maybe you should update your motto. You aren't living by it!

sigh ...

OK, I wil break this down for you. A war consists of many battles - thousands of battles. PBA was just "a" battle - just one. Was this ruling a victory? Such as it is - yes - but it was only *one* battle.

My motto deals with those who love to bicker and quibble. Kind of like your post to me. I will update it though, just for you.

Steve
mttu.com

Steve Wetzel

I honestly do not know your answer. Just give me a yes or no. I am a simple man.

Why do I feel like I am being set up?? :D

The Sword of the Spirit is the Word of God. It is sharper then any two-edged sword. I won't go down the road of justifiable homocide on this thread.

Steve
mttu.com

Steve Wetzel

I simply can not see how any political solution that does not recognize that a baby is a person, will do a bit of good!

I think the bigger question is - is any political solution the way to end abortion? Personally, I do not think so. Still I am not willing to discard the possibility.

The sad fact is we are still one judge short on the Supreme Court - and all it takes is one liberal president to undo any gains that have been made. In 1991 - pro lifers were proclaiming victory because "We now had the Supreme Court."

Fast forward 16 years, and we can now see that didn't quite work out so well. Doubt it will in the future. This is a Church issue, and once the Church gets off its blessed assurance, child killing will end.

Steve
mttu.com

nursemaria

I think the bigger question is - is any political solution the way to end abortion? Personally, I do not think so. Still I am not willing to discard the possibility.

The sad fact is we are still one judge short on the Supreme Court - and all it takes is one liberal president to undo any gains that have been made. In 1991 - pro lifers were proclaiming victory because "We now had the Supreme Court."

Fast forward 16 years, and we can now see that didn't quite work out so well. Doubt it will in the future. This is a Church issue, and once the Church gets off its blessed assurance, child killing will end.

Steve
mttu.com

Steve,

You never answered my earlier post, what is wrong with the content of the letter? What proof do you have that "we" have the Supreme Court? What past rulings by these judges prove they are pro-life? I also agree a political solution may not occur for a long time if at all. We need to get Christians using a Biblical worldview to fight and win this battle.

Steve Wetzel

Steve,

You never answered my earlier post, what is wrong with the content of the letter? What proof do you have that "we" have the Supreme Court? What past rulings by these judges prove they are pro-life? I also agree a political solution may not occur for a long time if at all. We need to get Christians using a Biblical worldview to fight and win this battle.

I see Zoot got nixed. Captain Marvel. Great Avatar!

I agree with you that we need a biblical worldview. Sadly, it will fall to the remnant to see this thing through.

The letter you asked about is just a letter. Seen them before, signed them before, they come and go. I don't get too excited about them.

What excites me is seeing a pastor leading his flock into battle at an abortion mill. What excites me is watching three different people talk to a girl headed for an abortion, and the sidewalk counselors don't try and talk over each other. Now that makes me jump up and down, as everything is done decently and in order.

Letters - they come and go. There will be more letters, more commitments, and then the writers mostly disappear back into the wood work as they have in the past.

I know this sounds a bit cynical.

In 2001, I spoke with Pastor Matt Trewella of Missionaries to the Preborn based in Milwaukee. In the early 90's we had done some rescuing together. He was doing their "Truth Tour" in Omaha, NE, and Matt said to me, "Where'd they all go Steve?" (meaning the prolifers). I said, "I don't know Matt, I don't know."

Gone were the majority of those who made great commitments and pledges to give up their lives to defend unborn babies. Possibly they moved onto the more fertile fields of things like "prayer walking." Who knows.

Hence, this is why I don't get too worked up about letters or pledges.

Does this answer your question?

Steve
mttu.com

CRASH

TOL Subscriber
Why do I feel like I am being set up?? :D

The Sword of the Spirit is the Word of God. It is sharper then any two-edged sword. I won't go down the road of justifiable homocide on this thread.

Steve
mttu.com

You are only being "set up" I guess, if you are unwilling to condemn all murder. Because of your obfuscation we will have to assume the worst unless you would like to start a new thread clearly stating your position.

Your whole thing about the sword of the spirit is either really stupid or I am just not getting it. If a guy is raping your wife would you preach to him (the sword of the spirit) or use a real tangible material sword to slice him up? As for me any dull rusty sword will do in that situation. Hence, your analogy or question with a question breaks down.

Do you believe murdering abortion doctors is justifiable?

CRASH

TOL Subscriber
That's an interesting way to word that question. Do you mean executing abortion doctors? i.e. it would be a capital crime?

I say what I mean. I am all for passing a law against abortion making abortion a capital crime for anyone involved in the murder, but it would be totally wrong to try to justify murdering an abortionist.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That's an interesting way to word that question. Do you mean executing abortion doctors? i.e. it would be a capital crime?

I refuse to believe even for a second that you didn't know what CRASH meant.

But I do have my suspicions as to what you were trying to imply about him by saying "that's an interesting way to word that question".

kmoney

Hall of Fame
I say what I mean. I am all for passing a law against abortion making abortion a capital crime for anyone involved in the murder, but it would be totally wrong to try to justify murdering an abortionist.
I guess I missed the context in which you asked the question.

I refuse to believe even for a second that you didn't know what CRASH meant.
I know what CRASH believes and I thought I knew what he meant which is why I was sort of confused.

But I do have my suspicions as to what you were trying to imply about him by saying "that's an interesting way to word that question".
I was not implying that CRASH was trying to be deceptive or tricky in how he woreded his question. I said it was interesting because of two things. One was about making it a capital crime so it would be an execution. The other is that if CRASH was talking about making it a capital crime I can only assume he wouldn't call it murder. Like I said above, I guess I missed the context in which the question was asked so I was confused.

Steve Wetzel

You are only being "set up" I guess, if you are unwilling to condemn all murder. Because of your obfuscation we will have to assume the worst unless you would like to start a new thread clearly stating your position.

Your whole thing about the sword of the spirit is either really stupid or I am just not getting it. If a guy is raping your wife would you preach to him (the sword of the spirit) or use a real tangible material sword to slice him up? As for me any dull rusty sword will do in that situation. Hence, your analogy or question with a question breaks down.

Do you believe murdering abortion doctors is justifiable?

The last 5 posts were what I was talking about. Create a new thread, give us a shout out, and we'll do this there.

This thread is about Dobson, and the Open Letter. Your question above would totally hijack this thread.

Thank you, and I await your shout out.

Steve
mttu.com