Open invite to Freak....

Status
Not open for further replies.

s9s27s54

Originally posted by Knight
We discourage trolling. :down:

I apologize. I didn't realize I was trolling. To me a troll puts people down all the time and is just there to cause trouble and put people down.

Knight, I like this site.

Flipper

Originally posted by Knight
We discourage trolling.

And some people say that Knight doesn't have a sense of humor.

But come on now, let's be serious for a second. Billy Bob and Devo are practically institutionalized. Devo has a whole forum dedicated to trolling. I have zero problem with this (and besides, neither of them are very good at it because they're not clever or funny enough) but I couldn't let such a blatant misrepresentation go uncalled.

NATEDOG

Did the Jay and Bob debate every happen?
Hey, I could make some good Jay and Silent Bob(or vice versa) jokes!

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Re: Re: me again

Re: Re: me again

Originally posted by Freak
Why do insist on using my name when I asked you not to, Ed? I don't mind if others here on TOL use my first name but I don't like it when you do.
Last month you asked me to call you Freak rather than Jay. I thought it was just your general preference to be called Freak, perhaps to keeps readers from getting confused.

I had no idea it was personal.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by Flipper
But come on now, let's be serious for a second. Billy Bob and Devo are practically institutionalized. Devo has a whole forum dedicated to trolling. I have zero problem with this (and besides, neither of them are very good at it because they're not clever or funny enough) but I couldn't let such a blatant misrepresentation go uncalled.
What did you think I meant by "trolling"?

My guess is we must have differing definitions.

Freak

Originally posted by NATEDOG
Did the Jay and Bob debate every happen?
Hey, I could make some good Jay and Silent Bob(or vice versa) jokes!

I could make some good natedog jokes...you wanna hear them?

Flipper

I define trolling as taking a deliberately controversial position in the hopes of eliciting reactions from people who can't spot that they're being trolled.

I think that the difference between Billybob, Devo, and most trollers is that Billybob and Devo probably do hold these views; perhaps not to the same extent as their public extremes.

Freak

Re: Re: Re: me again

Re: Re: Re: me again

Originally posted by Turbo
Last month you asked me to call you Freak rather than Jay. I thought it was just your general preference to be called Freak, perhaps to keeps readers from getting confused.

I had no idea it was personal.

I'd rather have you call me Freak. Thanks. :p

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Freak
I'd rather have you call me Freak. Thanks. :p
Yeah, Freak, I got it. Remember the first time you said that and I answered "No problem?" And then I gladly stopped calling you anything other than Freak...
...even though you have called me some unfriendly names in the heat of battle
...and even though you promised me a Jeep that you apparently have no intention of delivering.

My point was, I only now realize that your request for me to always call you "Freak" meant that you consider me your enemy. I know we have our disagreements, and sometimes you get frustrated with me. But now I'm finding out that it's deeper than a temporary frustration.

So that I'm sure I don't misunderstand, Freak, could you please tell it to me straight? Why don't you mind being called Jay by TOLers in general, but would rather I call you "Freak?"

Freak

Originally posted by Turbo
...even though you have called me some unfriendly names in the heat of battle

Stop being silly.

...and even though you promised me a Jeep that you apparently have no intention of delivering.

Now you're being juvenille.

My point was, I only now realize that your request for me to always call you "Freak" meant that you consider me your enemy.

Nonsense.

I know we have our disagreements, and sometimes you get frustrated with me. But now I'm finding out that it's deeper than a temporary frustration.

Look, this is a cyber forum--this is like fantasy land--I harbor no ill feeling towards anyone, frustration perhaps, but no anger (though righteous anger at times).

So that I'm sure I don't misunderstand, Freak, could you please tell it to me straight?

Trust me, I have no problem being straight with you, no problem at all. I don't like some of wacky ideas but love you as a brother in Christ.

Why don't you mind being called Jay by TOLers in general, but would rather I call you "Freak?"

For a brief time I didn't want you calling me "Jay." I still rather be referred to as "Freak" since that is my name on TOL.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by Flipper
I define trolling as taking a deliberately controversial position in the hopes of eliciting reactions from people who can't spot that they're being trolled.

I think that the difference between Billybob, Devo, and most trollers is that Billybob and Devo probably do hold these views; perhaps not to the same extent as their public extremes.
Your probably more up to date on these internet terms.

I always thought "trolling" was when people used one internet forum or newsgroup in an attempt to draw people to ANOTHER forum or newsgroup.

What term should I be using for that?

Status
Not open for further replies.