Only Y-H-W-H is God, besides Him there is no god!

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Jesus holds the 7 spirits of God, (3 of which visited Abraham at his tent). The scripture is very clear about this. Without Jesus, God’s creation becomes meaningless- Jesus is who God has chosen to to host His fullness. Scripture is also very clear about this.
John 8:24 Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for if you do not believe that I am He, you will die in your sins.”

Old Hat

In that case; please tell me where in the Bible it is written that God is a trinity.
I actually agree with you that there is no trinity, but your religion's lack of belief in Jesus Christ disqualifies you as having any relationship with, and therefore any authentic belief in, the One True God Almighty.

The Bible makes this very clear in many places.

Proponents of your faith make all manner of claims that you, and only those of your religion, know God Almighty while denying the very Christ Himself.

This eliminates the possibility that anything your faith preaches has any Divine Authenticity whatsoever.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
I actually agree with you that there is no trinity, but your religion's lack of belief in Jesus Christ disqualifies you as having any relationship with, and therefore any authentic belief in, the One True God Almighty.

The Bible makes this very clear in many places.

Proponents of your faith make all manner of claims that you, and only those of your religion, know God Almighty while denying the very Christ Himself.

This eliminates the possibility that anything your faith preaches has any Divine Authenticity whatsoever.
You're contradicting yourself.

Do you believe that Jesus was/is the Creator God?

If so, how do you reject the idea that God is a Trinity?

Matthew 3:16 When He had been baptized, Jesus came up immediately from the water; and behold, the heavens were opened to Him, and He saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting upon Him. 17 And suddenly a voice came from heaven, saying, “This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.”​
There's the Father, Son and Spirit all in one passage. Seems pretty blatantly clear.

Last edited:

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank

Please specify exactly to what proposition you are referring by your phrase "belief in Jesus Christ". What proposition are you saying that other guy lacks belief of?

The Trinity is God the Father, God the Son, and God the Spirit. So, when you say something dumb like "I actually agree with you that there is no trinity", if by your word "trinity" you are referring to the Trinity, then this is what you are saying:

• "I actually agree with you that there is no [Father]"
  • "I actually agree with you that there is no [Son]"
  • "I actually agree with you that there is no [Spirit]"

Old Hat

You're contradicting yourself.

Matthew 3:16 When He had been baptized, Jesus came up immediately from the water; and behold, the heavens were opened to Him, and He saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting upon Him. 17 And suddenly a voice came from heaven, saying, “This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.”​
There's the Father, Son and Spirit all in one passage. Seems pretty blatantly clear.
The trinity was a very small part of that post. The meat of it was about the falsehood of the religion that the intended recipient was preaching for.

All the same, what you are doing is a form of fraudulent logic.

All trinitarian debaters latch onto one or more cherry-picked verses from the Bible to build their entire case upon.

It all comes crashing down the moment someone points out that there is no case made anywhere in the entire Bible for the false doctrine of the trinity.

In order for your argument to have any legs, there must first be a definitive teaching somewhere within Scripture that makes the concept of God being three persons plain. There is not.

Therefore, to then cherry-pick verses from Scripture that you claim support the aforementioned teaching, which doesn't exist, is to play the game backwards. You are acting as if the teaching exists while saying "See, here's proof of said teaching, and here's proof and here's proof."

Produce the foundational teaching first, then you can decide which verses support it.

Good luck.

Old Hat

Please specify exactly to what proposition you are referring by your phrase "belief in Jesus Christ". What proposition are you saying that other guy lacks belief of?

The Trinity is God the Father, God the Son, and God the Spirit. So, when you say something dumb like "I actually agree with you that there is no trinity", if by your word "trinity" you are referring to the Trinity, then this is what you are saying:

• "I actually agree with you that there is no [Father]"
  • "I actually agree with you that there is no [Son]"
  • "I actually agree with you that there is no [Spirit]"
Uh no.

I don't have to exist within your own personal parameters, and rules, of speaking.

What I'm clearly saying is that God is one individual person.

Simple and 100% Biblical.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
The trinity was a very small part of that post. The meat of it was about the falsehood of the religion that the intended recipient was preaching for.
If you are willing to contradict yourself in one point, you're willing to do it at any point.

All the same, what you are doing is a form of fraudulent logic.
All trinitarian debaters latch onto one or more cherry-picked verses from the Bible to build their entire case upon.
ALL of them?

Nonsense.

It all comes crashing down the moment someone points out that there is no case made anywhere in the entire Bible for the false doctrine of the trinity.
Saying it doesn't make it so.

In order for your argument to have any legs, there must first be a definitive teaching somewhere within Scripture that makes the concept of God being three persons plain. There is not.
Now who's using "fraudulent logic"?

If you really do actually believe that those who disagree with your premise must adopt that very premise in order to prove the conclusion that you've come to based on that premise false, then you're too stupid for me to waste my time with.

Therefore, to then cherry-pick verses from Scripture that you claim support the aforementioned teaching, which doesn't exist, is to play the game backwards.
Seriously?

You are either stupid or you think I am.

You are acting as if the teaching exists while saying "See, here's proof of said teaching, and here's proof and here's proof."
No, that isn't at all what anyone that I've ever seen make an argument for the Trinity do. Not even one single time. You're delusional or you're parroting some idiotic thing someone behind a pulpit somewhere told you.

Produce the foundational teaching first, then you can decide which verses support it.

Good luck.
Do you suppose that it will have escaped my notice that you ignored my question?

It is the single most common thing that Unitarians do when confronted with what the bible undeniably teaches. They deflect away from any discussion about the deity of Christ.

You have one and ONLY one additional opportunity. If you fail to unambiguously answer the following question, I will simply put you on ignore and forget you exist.

Do you believe that Jesus is the Creator God as is explicitly taught by the bible in multiple places?

John1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. 4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. 5 And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.​
John 1:14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.​
John 20:27 Then He said to Thomas, “Reach your finger here, and look at My hands; and reach your hand here, and put it into My side. Do not be unbelieving, but believing.”​
28 And Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!”​

Old Hat

I do not care AT ALL about your personal opinions.
I think you're about the most boring individual I have ever had an exchange with online in 15 years.
You are either stupid or you think I am.
I haven't needed to take any time at all to investigate.

You've made it blatantly obvious that you're woefully stupid.
Do you suppose that it will have escaped my notice that you refuse to answer my question?
What is your question, idiot?

Make your little sad case for the trinity and I'll squash it with ease.

You're a deluded and arrogant fool.

Easy pickens.

Old Hat

So you're implying (in your infinite wisdom) that because Christ is the Creator, per John 1:1, that proves God is three persons?

Are you humiliated yet?

Is that all you've got?

Old Hat

Then how is He any different from Allah, who is also one person (but very much so NOT God)?

He bolded it. Not sure how you missed it.
Are you honestly proud of that post?

Is that some of your best work?

Do you really feel like the Allah comparison made a strong point?

It didn't. In the least.

If the concept of God being one and not three makes God equal to Allah somehow in your mind, it really begs the question of how familiar you are with Scripture.

Nothing about God being a singular individual suggests that He must then be Allah. And the Bible is very clear that He is ONE.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Do you really feel like the Allah comparison made a strong point?

. . .

If the concept of God being one and not three makes God equal to Allah somehow in your mind, it really begs the question of how familiar you are with Scripture.

Mayhaps this question will clarify things, then:

How does Allah (not God) know if what he does is right or wrong?

Nothing about God being a singular individual suggests that He must then be Allah.

Did you miss my parenthetical?

And the Bible is very clear that He is ONE.

Indeed.

And it is also clear that He is three.

7djengo7

What I'm clearly saying is that God is one individual person.
If by your word "God" you are referring to the Father, observe what you've just told us:

What I'm clearly saying is that [the Father] is one individual person.
All you've done, there, is to affirm an essential Trinitarian doctrine. You're preaching to the Trinitarian choir. Every Trinitarian believes that the Father is one individual person. So then, why not try to give us an example of you trying to refute Trinitarian doctrine, instead?

If by your word "God" you are not referring to the Father, then to whom are you referring by it when you say "God is one individual person"? :unsure:

Old Hat

If by your word "God" you are referring to the Father, observe what you've just told us:

All you've done, there, is to affirm an essential Trinitarian doctrine. You're preaching to the Trinitarian choir. Every Trinitarian believes that the Father is one individual person. So then, why not try to give us an example of you trying to refute Trinitarian doctrine, instead?

If by your word "God" you are not referring to the Father, then to whom are you referring by it when you say "God is one individual person"? :unsure:
If by a "trinity" you mean that God is three people, then you (and every other unwitting trinitarian) completely contradict plain Scripture as the Bible makes crystal clear, over and over, that [the Father] is everything that you claim Jesus to be. That's not possible in a bible that teaches that god is three people, but in a Bible that teaches that God is ONE individual person, it tracks perfectly.

The Bible presents [the Father] declaring that He is the sole Savior, the sole Creator and the sole God, who shares His glory with NO other individual person.

The Bible presents [the Father] declaring Himself to be The ONLY Holy One of Israel - and in no way whatsoever implies that He is speaking of three people who are really one.

I could go on and on, but the onus is actually on you to produce any Scripture, from anywhere in the Bible, that clearly and plainly teaches the concept that God is three people.

Because your case file is absent that vital evidence, your argument has nowhere to go from here.

Your only recourse is to continue, over and over again, returning to your only play (which happens to be illegitimate) of pointing out cherry-picked verses that YOU claim support a doctrine that doesn't exist anywhere from Genesis to Revelation.

Last edited:

7djengo7

If by a "trinity" you mean that God is three people
By your word "God", are you referring to the Father? Yes or No?

If Yes, then this is what you've just said:

If by a "trinity" you mean that [the Father] is three people
I don't mean that the Father is three people. No Trinitarian thinks or says that the Father is three people.

The Bible presents [the Father] declaring that He is the sole Savior, the sole Creator and the sole God
But the Bible does not teach that the Father, alone, is that Savior.
And the Bible does not teach that the Father, alone, is that Creator.
And the Bible does not teach that the Father, alone, is that God.

So, what (if any) point were you trying to make?

but the onus is actually on you to produce any Scripture, from anywhere in the Bible, that clearly and plainly teaches the concept that God is three people.
By your word "God" are you referring to the Father alone? Yes or No?

Is this what you're trying to say?

but the onus is actually on you to produce any Scripture, from anywhere in the Bible, that clearly and plainly teaches the concept that [the Father alone] is three people.
But I don't teach that the Father alone is three people, so why would I be under any burden to try to back up your claim that the Father alone is three people? Obviously I wouldn't be. Duh.

Your only recourse is to continue, over and over again, returning to your only play (which happens to illegitimate) of pointing out cherry-picked verses that YOU claim support a doctrine that doesn't exist anywhere from Genesis to Revelation.
Wait, what verse(s) have I quoted? All I've done is asked you questions about your anti-Bible, Christ-hating ravings with which, as you've demonstrated, you can't deal honestly or rationally.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I'm always happy to concede when anybody produces Scripture that clearly says so.

I can produce lots to the contrary.

Are you unable to answer my question?

How does Allah (not God) know if what he does is right or wrong? I promise, this is relevant.