ECT Only a D'ist would poo-poo Holford's victory

Interplanner

Only a 2G2P2P D'ist would pee on Holford's victory against Payne by showing the bone-crushing force of God's wrath predicted by Christ in that generation. And did I mention it was a victory? It caused many in England to ignore Payne's total trashing of the Bible in 1805, so thoroughly, that when the Huxleys resumed the battle against the Bible, they did not dare touch the destruction of Jerusalem. Almost to excess against Payne: he wasn't even allowed to continue publishing in England.

But only D'ists would minimize that, led here at the forum by a D'ist know it all.

andyc

Christianity is a hobby for the madster, not a way of life. When they read the bible, they're looking for mad, not truth.

Danoh

Only a 2G2P2P D'ist would pee on Holford's victory against Payne by showing the bone-crushing force of God's wrath predicted by Christ in that generation. And did I mention it was a victory? It caused many in England to ignore Payne's total trashing of the Bible in 1805, so thoroughly, that when the Huxleys resumed the battle against the Bible, they did not dare touch the destruction of Jerusalem. Almost to excess against Payne: he wasn't even allowed to continue publishing in England.

But only D'ists would minimize that, led here at the forum by a D'ist know it all.

Sometime ago, I was having lunch with a books based Madist.

In other words, a Madist who's so called understanding of Mad was books based.

Without his books, he could neither prove his assertions, nor go beyond to learn how to PROPERLY study a thing out for himself THROUGH THE SCRIPTURE ALONE...

He introdoces me to the waitress and asks her to share her testimony with me.

Off she goes...into how that she was a former this, and a former that...until she met Jesus...

That is you, Interplanner - having to rely on the empirical for your "faith."

You are a Charismatic.

You just don't know it.

As was Holford, in his version of your same need for empirical evidence...ignorance.

As is anyone who looks outside the completed Canon of Scripture for some sort of an empirical "evidence" of "God at work" this side of "that which is perfect."

Interplanner

Without his books, he could neither prove his assertions, nor go beyond to learn how to PROPERLY study a thing out for himself THROUGH THE SCRIPTURE ALONE...

Off she goes...into how that she was a former this, and a former that...until she met Jesus...

You are a Charismatic.

You just don't know it.

As was Holford, in his version of your same need for empirical evidence...ignorance.

As is anyone who looks outside the completed Canon of Scripture for some sort of an empirical "evidence" of "God at work" this side of "that which is perfect."

Don't know what the outside is. I'm referring to material in the NT.

Interplanner

You are a Charismatic.

You just don't know it.

And read in the plainest ordinary sense, without out and 2P2P forced into it.

Danoh

And read in the plainest ordinary sense, without out and 2P2P forced into it.

Not only without 2P2P and or 3P3P forced into it, but without 1P1P forced into it either.

As each is...the natural man's wisdom of this world's...rationalism.

Just as it is YOUR rationalism that takes what is actually YOUR notions of empirical evidence read by you INTO Mad posts misconceived by you as some sort of an evidence that the Madist is doing what you yourself are the one doing - reading YOUR map of things INTO the Scripture.

It is why you fail to see what the Madist is able to.

Where and when, the Madist him or herself has not fallen prey to your natural man's approach, that is.

andyc

Yeah, Andy does have a tendency to seek out "Signs and Wonders." That's his preference as a card carrying Charismatic.

Marowbe get's out of bed, logs into tol, makes coffee and taps his life away on the keyboard.

If you ever needed an example of a loser, it's marowbe,

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Marowbe get's out of bed, logs into tol, makes coffee and taps his life away on the keyboard.

If you ever needed an example of a loser, it's marowbe,

Well, that was well thought out. You're a true "Wordsmith" and a credit to humanity. No doubt you wear matching socks, as well? If so, then you pass. Of course, if you pass this test it'll be the miracle you've been searching for all your life.

Interplanner

Not only without 2P2P and or 3P3P forced into it, but without 1P1P forced into it either.

As each is...the natural man's wisdom of this world's...rationalism.

Just as it is YOUR rationalism that takes what is actually YOUR notions of empirical evidence read by you INTO Mad posts misconceived by you as some sort of an evidence that the Madist is doing what you yourself are the one doing - reading YOUR map of things INTO the Scripture.

It is why you fail to see what the Madist is able to.

Where and when, the Madist him or herself has not fallen prey to your natural man's approach, that is.

Go ahead and bark at a successful victory all you want. That's a very ignorant thing to do, but enjoy the power of the i.net over the, let's say, 10 people reading you. Whoopee.

Since when was a proper interp of Dan 9 'natural man's wisdom'? lol

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Hey, Andy, I see you've finally reached a whole "103" Thanks. That should rock your world. You've achieved a lot in the last six months. You went from "99" Thanks to "103." Congratulations!!

Danoh

Go ahead and bark at a successful victory all you want. That's a very ignorant thing to do, but enjoy the power of the i.net over the, let's say, 10 people reading you. Whoopee.

Since when was a proper interp of Dan 9 'natural man's wisdom'? lol

What part of...

2 Corinthians 4:18's "While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal."

...was not clear to Holford?

...is not clear to you and your endless line of Charismatic, walk by sight, empiricist, parrots?

Interplanner

Material? The Bible is just another book for you -

"The Bible belongs to a set of coordinates that are true, including history, wisdom, experience from a wide range of people and a wide range of times, so that no one of them is true apart from corroboration by the others, and it (the Bible) is stronger because of this, not weaker." Udo Middelmann, L'Abri lecturer. My paraphrase.

"The Bible is powerful because it is true to what is there, not because it is the only place where certain religious things are true." --F. Schaeffer, L'Abri. My paraphrase

The outside material was the church history episode from 1805 England where Pastor Peter Holford circuited much of England preaching on how the divinity of Christ was proven absolutely and finally by his declaring the events of the destruction of Jerusalem one generation in advance, and being spot-on correct.

Some people don't like items from 'outside' the Bible; those people ARE USUALLY CARRYING SCOFIELD OR RYRIE STUDY BIBLES!!!

Danoh

"The Bible belongs to a set of coordinates that are true, including history, wisdom, experience from a wide range of people and a wide range of times, so that no one of them is true apart from corroboration by the others, and it (the Bible) is stronger because of this, not weaker." Udo Middelmann, L'Abri lecturer. My paraphrase.

"The Bible is powerful because it is true to what is there, not because it is the only place where certain religious things are true." --F. Schaeffer, L'Abri. My paraphrase

The outside material was the church history episode from 1805 England where Pastor Peter Holford circuited much of England preaching on how the divinity of Christ was proven absolutely and finally by his declaring the events of the destruction of Jerusalem one generation in advance, and being spot-on correct.

Some people don't like items from 'outside' the Bible; those people ARE USUALLY CARRYING SCOFIELD OR RYRIE STUDY BIBLES!!!

Poor lil ol me. I just use a Gideon KJV I once picked up at a thrift shop for fifty cents.

That or a KJV in pdf whenever I want to do a word study search.

Or an app version of e sword (though, very seldom, as I am VERY familar with my KJV).

That, and Behavioral Modeling principles (the study of ANY result through its' recurrent patterns back to the operating principles they indicate is the origin of said result).

Or as the ever brilliant: Richard Jordan, often puts it - "fine tuning backwards..."

You're an idiot, Interplanner; you actually "one size fit all" Dispys the way you do the Scriptures you read your store bought wisdom into.

What a hopeless buffoon you are...

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Poor lil ol me. I just use a Gideon KJV I once picked up at a thrift shop for fifty cents.

That or a KJV in pdf whenever I want to do a word study search.

Or an app version of e sword (though, very seldom, as I am VERY familar with my KJV).

That, and Behavioral Modeling principles (the study of ANY result through its' recurrent patterns back to the operating principles they indicate is the origin of said result).

Or as the ever brilliant: Richard Jordan, often puts it - "fine tuning backwards..."

You're an idiot, Interplanner; you actually "one size fit all" Dispys the way you do the Scriptures you read your store bought wisdom into.

What a hopeless buffoon you are...

Could you break up this post and explain what you're trying to convey?