ECT Only a D'ist would poo-poo Holford's victory

Danoh

This is a complete misuse of the faith vs sight contrast of 2 Cor 3-5. That material is skew/irrelevant to the question of whether a major historic event, that was put on the level of the Genesis flood, 1, took place, 2, took place as predicted, 3, took place as predicted by Christ and 4, took place as predicted by Christ for the reasons Christ gave.

Only a wordy know-nothing would put the two side by side.

Payne and Holford cannot both be right. Payne was shut up; people stopped listening. That's the deal.

People who had no business listening to begin with (walking by sight) ended up...walking by sight (in Josephus) thanks to Hole - ferd...

:doh:

Interplanner

People who had no business listening to begin with (walking by sight) ended up...walking by sight (in Josephus) thanks to Hole - ferd...

:doh:

Yet the usual understanding as it applies to eschatology is that "in Christ" is by faith, while it is 'land forever' that is going along by sight, drueling over 70 years of newspaper clippings about modern Israel.

Your assessment is ridiculous. People listened and believed what the bible was actually saying about the DofJ.

The nursing babes at the crucifixion were at the DofJ as adults, cringing and wailing in fear and calling on the mountains 'to fall on us.' That is also mentioned in the Rev. Your view is out of touch and obnoxious.

Danoh

Hole - ford on...

Matthew 24:28's "For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together."

"The Jewish state, indeed, at this time, was fitly compared to a carcass. The sceptre of Judah, i.e. its civil and political authority, the life of its religion, and the glory of its temple, were departed. It was, in short, morally and judicially dead. The eagle, whose ruling instinct is rapine and murder, as fitly represented by the fierce and sanguinary temper of the Romans, and perhaps, might be intended to refer also to the principle figure on their ensigns, which, however obnoxious to the Jews, were at length planted in the midst of the holy city, and finally on the temple itself." p. 65, George Peter Holford, The Destruction of Jerusalem, an Absolute and Irresistible Proof of The Devine Origin of Christianity, 1812.

Is that incompetent, or what?

SaulToPaul 2

I thought you were thinking of that all time great St. Louis/Atlanta Hawk, Zelmo "The Big Z" Beaty.

I'm thinking to name my first adopted baby, Zelmo. And when I call him/her, I just need to say, "Hey Z!"

Oh sure!

Leave it to you to make a moulage out of a thread in which we are discussing Holford, a giant of the faith, and literary genius. You beat all, you know that?

Interplanner

Hole - ford on...

Matthew 24:28's "For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together."

"The Jewish state, indeed, at this time, was fitly compared to a carcass. The sceptre of Judah, i.e. its civil and political authority, the life of its religion, and the glory of its temple, were departed. It was, in short, morally and judicially dead. The eagle, whose ruling instinct is rapine and murder, as fitly represented by the fierce and sanguinary temper of the Romans, and perhaps, might be intended to refer also to the principle figure on their ensigns, which, however obnoxious to the Jews, were at length planted in the midst of the holy city, and finally on the temple itself." p. 65, George Peter Holford, The Destruction of Jerusalem, an Absolute and Irresistible Proof of The Devine Origin of Christianity, 1812.

Is that incompetent, or what?

What an absurd remark.

SaulToPaul 2

The nursing babes at the crucifixion were at the DofJ as adults, cringing and wailing in fear and calling on the mountains 'to fall on us.' That is also mentioned in the Rev. Your view is out of touch and obnoxious.

Yes, Danoh's 2P2P paradigm is faulty at best and his refusal to accept Gal 3:17A, Gal 3:17B, and Gal 3:17C which solidly refute nonsensical 2P2P and cannot be answered without discounting the gospel event as a whole and candidly all of NT teaching. He is a literal babe drowning in a sea of contradictions, and cannot see the proverbial forest for the trees of Judaism and land which in the NHNE event is of no consequence. Until he can see these things, he will not be on par to have an intelligent dialogue with you on these matters, as you've studied the NT for 47 years.

Danoh

How's about "Danoh's 2B2B paradigm is faulty at best and his refusal to accept Gal 3:17A, Gal 3:17P..."

Or in your case, C3PO, lol

Danoh

Whoop, there comes RD to contribute his often worthy two cents...

In which case, R2D2, ay, IP :chuckle:

SaulToPaul 2

How's about "Danoh's 2B2B paradigm is faulty at best and his refusal to accept Gal 3:17A, Gal 3:17P..."

Or in your case, C3PO, lol

I am sensing some discombobulation on your part that I now see and agree with IP on his NHNH paradigm, which is solid NT teaching, and not fantastical and whimsical like the 2P2P approach which is not really an approach but a reaching out event in hopes of grasping upon straws.

Danoh

Yep...sniff; sniff.

You've got Interplanner pegged just right.

His is Barney-itis; sniff, sniff.

The Mayor o be present'n ya with an STP o the year award.

Now if we can just figure out how ta turn the letters STP into three words worthy of your award...

Sniff; sniff :chuckle:

SaulToPaul 2

Yep...sniff; sniff.

You've got Interplanner pegged just right.

His is Barney-itis; sniff, sniff.

The Mayor o be present'n ya with an STP o the year award.

Now if we can just figure out how ta turn the letters STP into three words worthy of your award...

Sniff; sniff :chuckle:

I am not following the Fife event analogy that you're putting forth..I suspect it's a smoke and mirror event which is typical of 2B2B which is nonetheless nonsensical and a way of avoiding dealing with NT realities as opposed to OT Judaic trauma reinvented?

john w

Hall of Fame
Oh sure!

Leave it to you to make a moulage out of a thread in which we are discussing Holford, a giant of the faith, and literary genius. You beat all, you know that?

I try, Mayor.I should take over for you, as TOL's "Mayor of the Day."

Interplanner

Yes, Danoh's 2P2P paradigm is faulty at best and his refusal to accept Gal 3:17A, Gal 3:17B, and Gal 3:17C which solidly refute nonsensical 2P2P and cannot be answered without discounting the gospel event as a whole and candidly all of NT teaching. He is a literal babe drowning in a sea of contradictions, and cannot see the proverbial forest for the trees of Judaism and land which in the NHNE event is of no consequence. Until he can see these things, he will not be on par to have an intelligent dialogue with you on these matters, as you've studied the NT for 47 years.

You do realize that's Lk 23 right? Look, if you are not here, as Danoh suggested, for real study, start your own thread somewhere else. I'm here to help guys know how to actually teach what is in the NT, because D'ism is a fraud.

SaulToPaul 2

You do realize that's Lk 23 right? Look, if you are not here, as Danoh suggested, for real study, start your own thread somewhere else. I'm here to help guys know how to actually teach what is in the NT, because D'ism is a fraud.

Have you become a TOL moderator?

Interplanner

Have you become a TOL moderator?

What does that have to do with your dysfunctional behavior?

What does that have to do with Luke 23?

You think you own TOL because you are MAD. This is an open arena, fella, and your ideas have to be supportable and win.