One of the Commandments. You shall not commit adultery.

iouae

I do not know about what you are bragging you can do or something? I would not encourage you to say such things. I have been a Christian and a Gentile but I am a Jew and belong to Israel. I was at one time a Jewish Christian. I am a proselyte and a convert to Israel and Judaism. I have never been to Israel. I am a citizen of the United States of America. I was not born a Jew.

Thanks for that info.

I am not bragging about anything. I am just trying to get back to the thread by saying most Christians have no clue regarding the difference between looking at a woman, and looking at a woman to lust after her. If they did, they would know when to feel quilty and when not. Guilt is not an emotion I feel. Guilt is an emotion for the guilty.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Thanks for that info.

I am not bragging about anything. I am just trying to get back to the thread by saying most Christians have no clue regarding the difference between looking at a woman, and looking at a woman to lust after her. If they did, they would know when to feel quilty and when not. Guilt is not an emotion I feel. Guilt is an emotion for the guilty.

Do you accept the words of Jesus 100%?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Yes. Where does He say I should feel guilt? I feel forgiven, cleansed of all guilt.

To be guilty in a court of law and to feel guilt are two different things. Are you saying that you do not feel guilty?

iouae

To be guilty in a court of law and to feel guilt are two different things. Are you saying that you do not feel guilty?

I plead "not guilty" therefore I feel "not guilty".

You maybe have the typical religious attitude of nagging guilt over unspecified sins???? Not saying you are guilty, just feel guilty.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I plead "not guilty" therefore I feel "not guilty".

You maybe have the typical religious attitude of nagging guilt over unspecified sins???? Not saying you are guilty, just feel guilty.

I do not know the order of the law that you are presenting.

iouae

I do not know the order of the law that you are presenting.

Unless one is committing adultery, one should not feel guilty of committing adultery. Likewise all other sins. Guilt is not an emotion a Christian should be proud of.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Unless one is committing adultery, one should not feel guilty of committing adultery. Likewise all other sins. Guilt is not an emotion a Christian should be proud of.

Guilt, feeling guilt, and feeling guilty are all legitimate. But a person may feel guilty before they are proven guilty.

If you look at a woman with lust for her or to lust after her you have already committed adultery in your heart.

iouae

Guilt, feeling guilt, and feeling guilty are all legitimate. But a person may feel guilty before they are proven guilty.

If you look at a woman with lust for her or to lust after her you have already committed adultery in your heart.

On the subject of adultery. Many cultures, not just Christians, seem to feel guilt over their sexual desires. Hence celibacy is equated with righteousness.

In Christian circles, Mat 5:28 is often misunderstood.
But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

Many Christians assume that when they look at a beautiful woman, they are breaking the spirit of the adultery law. They think sin is inevitable. That is just not so. God put attraction for the other sex into us, and told us to be fruitful and multiply. Looking at a woman and lusting after her are far and away NOT the same thing.

In Christian law-keeping circles, actions are what count. If one takes action after looking at a woman to sleep with her, THAT is lusting after her. Eg. David sees the naked Bathsheba and goes "Wow". Had he lusted after her? No! When He asked someone to find out who she was, to bring her to the palace, was that lusting after her. No!

In fact it was not even lusting after her UNTIL David found out that Bathsheba was Uriah's wife and decided to go ahead and sleep with her anyway. If Bathsheba was unmarried, David could have quite legally desired her, and added her to his harem of wives.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
On the subject of adultery. Many cultures, not just Christians, seem to feel guilt over their sexual desires. Hence celibacy is equated with righteousness.

In Christian circles, Mat 5:28 is often misunderstood.
But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

Many Christians assume that when they look at a beautiful woman, they are breaking the spirit of the adultery law. They think sin is inevitable. That is just not so. God put attraction for the other sex into us, and told us to be fruitful and multiply. Looking at a woman and lusting after her are far and away NOT the same thing.

In Christian law-keeping circles, actions are what count. If one takes action after looking at a woman to sleep with her, THAT is lusting after her. Eg. David sees the naked Bathsheba and goes "Wow". Had he lusted after her? No! When He asked someone to find out who she was, to bring her to the palace, was that lusting after her. No!

In fact it was not even lusting after her UNTIL David found out that Bathsheba was Uriah's wife and decided to go ahead and sleep with her anyway. If Bathsheba was unmarried, David could have quite legally desired her, and added her to his harem of wives.

Did you already post this?

Have you made a covenant with your eyes to not look at a woman with lust or desire for her?

Looking at a woman is sin, or can or might be considered sin. It does not mean you will or will inevitably have sex with her. The point is that you are not married to her and should not transgress God's Law further by going through with the act. It is not about spiritual adultery, whatever that is. It is that all sin is sin, and if you sleep with her and she is married or engaged you should die, otherwise you might marry her according to the Law.

iouae

Did you already post this?

Have you made a covenant with your eyes to not look at a woman with lust or desire for her?

Nothing gets past you. :)

Looking at a woman is sin, or can or might be considered sin. It does not mean you will or will inevitably have sex with her. The point is that you are not married to her and should not transgress God's Law further by going through with the act. It is not about spiritual adultery, whatever that is. It is that all sin is sin, and if you sleep with her and she is married or engaged you should die, otherwise you might marry her according to the Law.

Looking is free, and one of the great pleasures of life.

iouae

You as a man should not submit to this even if a woman were to believe anything of the sort.

What is your alternative? Join a monastery? Waste your whole life there to find you score no brownie points with God. Some things just are beautiful, like cats, Porche's and women. I don't have to own these to admire them.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
What is your alternative? Join a monastery? Waste your whole life there to find you score no brownie points with God. Some things just are beautiful, like cats, Porche's and women. I don't have to own these to admire them.

No. Live your life to the glory of God.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
My guilt-free life is a glory to God. Yours should be too.

It is wrong if you do not feel guilt or guilty when or if you sin. A hardened criminal, a lunatic, and a psychopath may not feel guilty or that they have done anything wrong. When they sin, or when they did, or as they are sinning. Like other sins when people do know what they are doing but don't feel any guilt or remorse.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Looking

Someone you are not married to versus not even having lust for your wife, as lust is sin.

Shalom.

Jacob