One easy question

Bee1

What day is the Sabbath? And if it is Saturday , why do most people go to church on Sunday ? The Bible says keep the Sabbath holy ?

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

meshak

BANNED
Banned
What day is the Sabbath? And if it is Saturday , why do most people go to church on Sunday ? The Bible says keep the Sabbath holy ?

It seems that the RCC worshipped Sun and they changed worshipping day Saturday to Sunday.

Bee1

It seems that the RCC worshipped Sun and they changed worshipping day Saturday to Sunday.
RCC...what supreme god-entrusted person or group is that . How did they do it...vote. And then report to God with the results !

oatmeal

The last day of the week is the sabbath which would make it Saturday.

the first day of the week is what we call Sunday.

Because they want to?

Because they do not realize that "church" in the Greek does not refer to a building or a denomination, but to those whom God has called out, it is the believers, the church is the body of Christ.

Instructed believers do not go to "church" they are the church!

1250s

Latter-day Saints (Mormons) the Sabbath as Sunday. Below are more details.

The change from observing the last day of the week to the first day of the week is not so important as is the concept and principle of the Sabbath. In either case, the Sabbath was symbolic of the mighty works of God: the creation of the earth, the deliverance of Israel from Egypt, and the resurrection of Jesus from the dead.
Latter-day revelation confirms the significance of the Sabbath (or Lord’s day) in D&C 59. For other references to the Sabbath see 2 Kgs. 4:23; 11:5–7; Isa. 1:13; 58:13; Jer. 17:20–27; Ezek. 20:12–13, 16; Hosea 2:11; Amos 8:5; Matt. 12:1–13; Mark 2:23–28; 3:1–5; Luke 6:1–10; 13:11–16; 14:1–5; John 5:18; 7:21–24; Rom. 14:5–6; Gal. 4:10; Col. 2:16.

Sabbath

https://www.lds.org/scriptures/bd/sabbath?lang=eng

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

chair

When Christianity split away from Judaism, it made sense to move the Sabbath day, in order to differentiate the new religion from the old. Why should Christians observe the Jewish Sabbath?

clefty

When Christianity split away from Judaism, it made sense to move the Sabbath day, in order to differentiate the new religion from the old. Why should Christians observe the Jewish Sabbath?

Cause its NOT jewish...Sabbath was made for Man a day after Man was made...not jews those came much later

Sabbath was instituted about the time Adam made Eve his wife...is marriage jewish too?

Sabbath is actually the only Law given BEFORE sin was made known...imagine that

And in the wilderness the church was introduced to Sabbath even before Sinai and the revelation of the the Law...fancy that

You do realize that of the 10 commandments it is the ONLY one given to the non Jew non Israelite foreigner traveling saved with them? Given to animals even...aint that something...

Yup a gift made for man just like woman was...but some sinners reject her too...what a shame

chair

Cause its NOT jewish...Sabbath was made for Man a day after Man was made...not jews those came much later

Sabbath was instituted about the time Adam made Eve his wife...is marriage jewish too?

Sabbath is actually the only Law given BEFORE sin was made known...imagine that

And in the wilderness the church was introduced to Sabbath even before Sinai and the revelation of the the Law...fancy that

You do realize that of the 10 commandments it is the ONLY one given to the non Jew non Israelite foreigner traveling saved with them? Given to animals even...aint that something...

Yup a gift made for man just like woman was...but some sinners reject her too...what a shame

The Sabbath relates to the creation, but the commandment to observe the Sabbath was given to the Jews on Mount Sinai. And the law is that everybody who lives with the Jews in their land, including Gentiles and even animals, rests on that day. Not that the whole world should.

Read the Bible....

clefty

The Sabbath relates to the creation, but the commandment to observe the Sabbath was given to the Jews on Mount Sinai. And the law is that everybody who lives with the Jews in their land, including Gentiles and even animals, rests on that day. Not that the whole world should.

Read the Bible....

I did...it told me indeed not the whole would but those IN HIM...following Him His way...to abide in His love...doing His Father’s will keeping His commandments...

It also told me that IN HIM I am a new creature a citizen of Israel replacing those rejected...wearing His yoke representing Him His way with works He gave to glorify His Father who also rested that first Sabbath day He made Holy...

BTW Made Holy not as a personal reminder that He made it ALL but to sanctify it seperating it from the other days as a sign of what HE DID...it’s His Sabbath given to us...as being created in His image is not about what we look like...ya dig?

It also told me that of all the commandments the Sabbath was the only one He instructed prayers be said that it be kept in future times of trouble...you know after He died was buried and resurrected...ascended even...yup...He expected two periods of time to continue into the New Covenant age...the winter and Sabbaths...

Is probably why the Bible records that James the brother of Yahushua and the head of the church in Jerusalem concluded its first council fully intending the Gentiles to continue crowding into synagogues to hear Moses preached in every city each Sabbath...

It’s all in my bible...yours?

chair

I did...

It’s all in my bible...yours?

My Bible is what you call the "Old Testament". It says the following, in Exodus 20:
And God spoke all these words:

2 “I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery.

3 “You shall have no other gods before[a] me.

4 “You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. 5 You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, 6 but showing love to a thousand generations of those who love me and keep my commandments.

7 “You shall not misuse the name of the Lord your God, for the Lord will not hold anyone guiltless who misuses his name.

8 “Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy. 9 Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day is a sabbath to the Lord your God. On it you shall not do any work, neither you, nor your son or daughter, nor your male or female servant, nor your animals, nor any foreigner residing in your towns. 11 For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but he rested on the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy.

Who is God speaking to here?

Bee1

The last day of the week is the sabbath which would make it Saturday.

the first day of the week is what we call Sunday.

Because they want to?

Because they do not realize that "church" in the Greek does not refer to a building or a denomination, but to those whom God has called out, it is the believers, the church is the body of Christ.

Instructed believers do not go to "church" they are the church!
I will accept that but right the bat Sunday churchgoers got it wrong , Jehovah Witness at least got the day right.

Bee1

My Bible is what you call the "Old Testament". It says the following, in Exodus 20:

2 “I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery.

4 “You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. 5 You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, 6 but showing love to a thousand generations of those who love me and keep my commandments.

7 “You shall not misuse the name of the Lord your God, for the Lord will not hold anyone guiltless who misuses his name.

8 “Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy. 9 Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day is a sabbath to the Lord your God. On it you shall not do any work, neither you, nor your son or daughter, nor your male or female servant, nor your animals, nor any foreigner residing in your towns. 11 For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but he rested on the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy.

Well what about the Catholic church worshipping Mary , Peter , Michael , a whole gamut of saints ?

clefty

Me...in the church of the wilderness...you in?

chair

Well what about the Catholic church worshipping Mary , Peter , Michael , a whole gamut of saints ?

I'm really sorry, but I have no idea why this is relevant or why you are asking me this. I don't even know what the question is in that statement.

clefty

Oh...they are following the one who thought it wise to change times and laws...

Sadly Protestants stumble along despite sunday worship not being in scripture but according to the sacred peer pressure of tradition by the wolves in sheep’s clothing and false teachers Peter and Paul warned us about...

Would you believe the CCC admits the 10 remain binding just applied differently haha

It acknowledges that in scripture the change to Sunday was NOT to be found but it is by her authority and from its tradition...

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The Sabbath relates to the creation, but the commandment to observe the Sabbath was given to the Jews on Mount Sinai.

Did Adam observe God's Sabbath?

If the Sabbath was established for mankind why wouldn't it be included for Israel?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

The pagan Constantine made Sabbath observance illegal.

"First Sunday Law enacted by Emperor Constantine -
March, 321 A.D.

On the venerable Day of the Sun let the magistrates and people residing in cities rest, and let all workshops be closed. In the country, however, persons engaged in agriculture may freely and lawfully continue their pursuits; because it often happens that another day is not so suitable for grain-sowing or for vine-planting; lest by neglecting the proper moment for such operations the bounty of heaven should be lost. (Given the 7th day of March, Crispus and Constantine being consuls each of them for the second time [A.D. 321].)"

Source: Codex Justinianus, lib. 3, tit. 12, 3; trans. in Philip Schaff, History of the Christian Church, Vol. 3 (5th ed.; New York: Scribner, 1902), p. 380, note 1.
http://biblelight.net/sunday.htm