Once saved NOT necessarily always saved.

iouae

Spirit is not subject to fire, it is not material. The second death is when God removes a person's spirit from their resurrected body.

Death is the separation of body and spirit.

For as the body without the spirit is dead... (James 2:26 NKJV)​

Exactly. Spirit simply means "breath/life".

So the body without breath/life is dead,

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
People can be physically alive but without God's Spirit they are spiritually dead.

Paul explained there is a natural body and a spiritual body. A natural body without a human spirit is dead and a spiritual body without God's Spirit is dead.

And so it goes...

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
There is no difference between animal and human spirits. It simply says that life and breath are in both.

Who knows the spirit of the sons of men, which goes upward, and the spirit of the animal, which goes down to the earth? (Ecclesiastes 3:21 NKJV)​

I personally hope an animal's spirit returns to God. I would love to resurrect my current dog.

iouae

People can be physically alive but without God's Spirit they are spiritually dead.

Paul explained there is a natural body and a spiritual body. A natural body without a human spirit is dead and a spiritual body without God's Spirit is dead.

And so it goes...

I sure don't feel a need to convince you otherwise, but just be open to looking at what you assume to be true again.

For instance, will you believe what the Bible writes, or will you reject it for some excuse. Let me test you with this passage, and then I will most likely let it go... :)

Ecc 3
18 I said in mine heart concerning the estate of the sons of men, that God might manifest them, and that they might see that they themselves are beasts. DO YOU BELIEVE THIS?

19 For that which befalleth the sons of men befalleth beasts;DO YOU BELIEVE THIS?

...even one thing befalleth them: as the one dieth, so dieth the other; DO YOU BELIEVE THIS?

...yea, they have all one breath; so that a man hath no preeminence above a beast. DO YOU BELIEVE THIS?

... for all is vanity.

20 All go unto one place;DO YOU BELIEVE THIS?

all are of the dust, and all turn to dust again.

21 Who knoweth the spirit of man that goeth upward, and the spirit of the beast that goeth downward to the earth?

This question is framed more like this "Who says that the spirit of man goes upwards, and the spirit of a beast goes downwards?"

Solomon has already made known his contempt for the idea that the human [spirit] is different from the animal [spirit].

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Is 45

6 That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me. I am the Lord, and there is none else.

7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.

I can think of two/three ways God "creates evil"....

"Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." ~ C. S. Lewis

iouae

"Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." ~ C. S. Lewis

I like your quotes. I don't know how you find the good ones.

I liked listening to Adrian Rodgers. You had a few of his quotes too.

iouae

And when one denies scripture it is always a bad sign.

About the closest thing to a spiritual component I find is the Book of Life, which records data about us. Do you think everything about you and all you have done could not be reduced to .... 1111001000101000100.....etc.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Ecc 3
18 I said in mine heart concerning the estate of the sons of men, that God might manifest them, and that they might see that they themselves are beasts. DO YOU BELIEVE THIS?

Yes, without Christ's mind humans can act like animals devouring one another.

But if you bite and devour one another, beware lest you be consumed by one another! (Galatians 5:15 NKJV)​

iouae

Satan's recurring theme is to convince man that "thou shalt not surely die".

because...
....you are reincarnated....
....the dead are not really dead....
....you can contact your ancestral spirits...
....there is a bit of God in all of us....(New Age)...
....you have an immortal soul....
....because you are different to animals which don't matter....
....because you have a Spirit in man....
....because you are special princess....
etc.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Do you think everything about you and all you have done could not be reduced to .... 1111001000101000100.....etc.

No, God doesn't mark iniquities.

If You, LORD, should mark iniquities, O Lord, who could stand? (Psalm 130:3 NKJV)​

The veil was torn at Jesus' death which symbolically opens the way to the Most Holy God.

As far as the east is from the west, so far has He removed our transgressions from us. Psalm 103:12 NKJV)​

The veil in the Temple divided the east end of the Temple from the west end where only the high priest could go.

Jesus is our High Priest.

iouae

No, God doesn't mark iniquities.

If You, LORD, should mark iniquities, O Lord, who could stand? (Psalm 130:3 NKJV)​

The veil was torn at Jesus' death which symbolically opens the way to the Most Holy God.

As far as the east is from the west, so far has He removed our transgressions from us. Psalm 103:12 NKJV)​

The veil in the Temple divided the east end of the Temple from the west end where only the high priest could go.

Jesus is our High Priest.

Do you think that God forgets anything?
He has perfect power to not bring things to mind.
That is how He does not mark iniquities.

Matt 18:28 shows that God can reinstate forgiven sin.

PureX

There is a very easy way to see that the presumption that "once saved always saved" is nonsense. And that is to simply observe the behavior of those who claim to be "saved". As very quickly it will become apparent that they are no more "saved" than anyone else. Their thoughts are just as selfish and mean-spirited, and their actions reflect those thoughts. If they are "saved", then their salvation is meaningless. Because they are little changed by it. And in fact, they often think and behave even worse than others because they think they can do wrong, and suffer no consequences, because whatever they do, they are "saved".

What selfish nonsense!

Spiritual "salvation" takes a lifetime, and then some. It's a WORK in progress, for all of us.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
There is a very easy way to see that the presumption that "once saved always saved" is nonsense. And that is to simply observe the behavior of those who claim to be "saved". As very quickly it will become apparent that they are no more "saved" than anyone else. Their thoughts are just as selfish and mean-spirited, and their actions reflect those thoughts...

You know their thoughts antichrist? :dizzy: 2 Pe 2:1 You do not know the meaning of a spirit-led walk :listen: because you do not have the spirit indwelled. 1 Jn 1:7

"If you have a talking faith that is not a walking faith, you have a mocking faith."
moonwalk_emoticon_by_c_specter.gif
~ Jim Andrews

As a reminder PureX is number 37 on Satan, Inc. (TOL Heretics list) in "The 'Jesus is not God' people (Non-trinitarians) category. :burnlib:

turbosixx

Hebrews 6

For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit, 5 and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, 6 if they fall away, to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put Him to an open shame.

Go ahead and rectify the contradiction.

Good come back.

There can't be any contradiction in scripture so how are they in harmony? The way I understand it, the writer is dealing with Christians who came from Judaism. I don't believe it's saying they can't be renewed but it's impossible to convince them since they already know the truth of the gospel. By going back to the old law they are rejecting Christ as the Messiah.
since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put Him to an open shame

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
There can't be any contradiction in scripture so how are they in harmony?

There is contradiction all over scripture. Don't eat meat, after the flood eat all animals but cook them. After the dispensation of the law, Jews were not to eat certain animals.

So no animals, all animals, then some animals. But you keep saying there are no changes in the Bible.