Old Newbie

miriam

Hi - I'm an old newbie. I haven't posted here for over 5 years, but I come back to read and lurk every once in a while. Just checking up on some old friends.

If you don't remember me, I'm a Jew, with a little girl (now 12) and a smart aleck husband, and I'm fairly liberal politically. This is the most interesting Presidential election season I have seen in my life.

I am now working in a local career center, teaching a class on job readiness skills for people coming off "welfare."

I don't know how active I will be on TOL, but I did want to reintroduce myself. And I'm sorta curious to see if anyone remembers me.

miriam

Last edited:

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Hi miriam, welcome back. :)

You've been gone for five of the seven years I've been here so I'm glad to get the chance to know you a little bit.

I too am finding this election very interesting, and the only thing that comes close is 2000 - and remembering them counting chads in Florida: hanging chads... pregnant chads... :chuckle:

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hi - I'm an old newbie. I haven't posted here for over 5 years, but I come back to read and lurk every once in a while. Just checking up on some old friends.

If you don't remember me, I'm a Jew, with a little girl (now 12) and a smart aleck husband, and I'm fairly liberal politically. This is the most interesting Presidential election season I have seen in my life.

I am now working in a local career center, teaching a class on job readiness skills for people coming off "welfare."

I don't know how active I will be on TOL, but I did want to reintroduce myself. And I'm sorta curious to see if anyone remembers me.

miriam

Hello Miriam ... I remember you. Welcome back, btw. :)

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I think I left a message or so on your profile page almost every year that you were gone. :first:

Well, not in 2013, apparently. :second:

But who's perfect? :think:

Okay, at least one guy. :third:

So I'm going to stop while I'm still medaling (no, anna/Rusha, I did not misspell that, exactly). :eek:

marke

I'm new here. Feeling my way around. Tried to add info to my profile but was blocked. I am Christian conservative with a history of radical fundamentalism. I want to be helpful if I contribute. I ask for forgiveness in advance if I offend those with different views.

miriam

I think I left a message or so on your profile page almost every year that you were gone. :first:

Well, not in 2013, apparently. :second:

But who's perfect? :think:

Okay, at least one guy. :third:

So I'm going to stop while I'm still medaling (no, anna/Rusha, I did not misspell that, exactly). :eek:

Thanks, Town - I appreciate your thinking of me!

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond

miriam

:wave2:

if you haven't been here for five years, I have no idea who you might remember me as having been :idunno:

Sigh

:wave2:

if you haven't been here for five years, I have no idea who you might remember me as having been :idunno:

Wow is that a scary thought!

And Hi Miriam, I used to be rainee but I don't think I ever got to meet you, GBMT you were gone before my time. It sounds like what you do is fascinating and rewarding

Hi, I'm johntherevelator, I'm an old newbie in that I am really old, 68 years old, and a newbie because I am brand new to TOL. I hope to learn from the rest of you. I find there's one thing better than winning a debate, or any disagreement, and that is to learn something new from the healthy exchange of differing views.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using TheologyOnline mobile app

theophilus

Hi, I'm johntherevelator, I'm an old newbie in that I am really old, 68 years old, and a newbie because I am brand new to TOL. I hope to learn from the rest of you. I find there's one thing better than winning a debate, or any disagreement, and that is to learn something new from the healthy exchange of differing views.

Welcome to TOL.
[MENTION=18421]johntherevelator[/MENTION], isn't that a song from the 2nd Blues Brothers movie?

:)

theophilus

Theophilus is an excellent name. Luke sure did like writing to him. It's meaning is excellent also.

I endeavor to walk worthy of my calling and to bring glory and honor to the God Who has saved me as His beloved.

Would that all who profess and believe do the same:

Eph. 5:1 Therefore be imitators of God, as beloved children; 2 and walk in love, just as Christ also loved you and gave Himself up for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God as a fragrant aroma.

:)