Office Depot Refuses to Print Pro-Life 'Hate Material'

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[Office Depot Defends Employees’ Refusal To Make Copies Of Anti-Abortion ‘Hate Material’ "Schaumburg, IL CBSLA AP] "A suburban Chicago woman is accusing Office Depot of religious discrimination, saying employees told her that making copies of an anti-abortion prayer violated company policy.

Last month, Maria Goldstein, a Roman Catholic, asked employees at an Office Depot location in Schaumburg, Ill., to make 500 copies of “A Prayer for Planned Parenthood”, the Associated Press reported.

The prayer was composed by the Rev. Frank Pavone, national director of the anti-abortion group Priest for Life. It calls on God to “Bring an end to the killing of children in the womb, and bring an end to the sale of their body parts. Bring conversion to all who do this, and enlightenment to all who advocate it.”

The prayer also includes statistics about abortion in the U.S. and decries “the evil that has been exposed in Planned Parenthood and in the entire abortion industry.”

Company spokeswoman Karen Denning tells the Chicago Tribune that Office Depot prohibits the copying of material that advocates “the persecution of certain groups of people,” among other criteria. She says the flier “contained material that advocates the persecution of people who support abortion rights.”

But Goldstein says the handout (PDF) was part of a weeklong prayer and fasting campaign that aims to change opinions on abortion..." Full text: Office Depot Defends Employees’ Refusal To Make Copies Of Anti-Abortion ‘Hate Material’ Pr 8:36

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Simple answer, don't do any business at Office Depot.
Update: Office Depot Apologizes for Discrimination Against Pro-Life Prayer

I'm Sorry
crying.gif
~ Brenda Lee

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
"A suburban Chicago woman is accusing Office Depot of religious discrimination, saying employees told her that making copies of an anti-abortion prayer violated company policy.

Last month, Maria Goldstein, a Roman Catholic...

But these people are Catholics, and that's bad. So I thought discriminating against them would be good. No?

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Roman Catholics discriminate against themselves enough as it is

we should feel sorry for them

bybee

Yep. Done deal. Never again. Spread the emails.

Agreed! Economic boycotts can be very effective. I actually am too cheap to spend money at Starbucks but now, with the hateful stance of its CEO, I for sure won't ever buy Starbucks products!

musterion

Agreed! Economic boycotts can be very effective. I actually am too cheap to spend money at Starbucks but now, with the hateful stance of its CEO, I for sure won't ever buy Starbucks products!

If I want bitter, burnt coffee, I can do it myself at home for much less than they charge for the privilege and ambiance.

republicanchick

[Office Depot Defends Employees’ Refusal To Make Copies Of Anti-Abortion ‘Hate Material’ "

I won't be buying anything from Office Depot anymore

Christian people, please follow suit.. hit the bottom line and maybe they will see reason.\

and don't say this is a Kim Davis thing... this person is NOT claiming any religious exemption. Also, she doesn't work for the government

No one should have to chuck Christianity to work for the government... When all gov workers are NONChristian... and that's where we're headed :jawdrop::jawdrop: we are no longer the USA... Tyranny has won

__
____