ECT Obey the Gospel

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
2Co 5:16 KJV Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more.

If you believe Paul, believe that verse.

If you're still trying to follow the earthly Christ today, you are currently doing it wrong.

There is only one Christ Jesus.

Rosenritter

I want to obey all of them. I need $1,000 for phylacteries.

https://www.amazon.com/Pair-High-Quality-Tefillin-Phylacteries/dp/B000MFHZ2Y

Just $200 USD on Amazon.

Matthew 23:4-5 KJV
(4) For they bind heavy burdens and grievous to be borne, and lay them on men's shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers.
(5) But all their works they do for to be seen of men: they make broad their phylacteries, and enlarge the borders of their garments,

But do you need expensive phylacteries? It seems that the intent (fulfillment) of that law is to bind "Love thy God" into your heart rather than for others to see outwardly. But if you still want a physical object to help remind you of that commitment, would the cheaper $200 ones also work as well?

Deuteronomy 6:4-9 KJV
(4) Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:
(5) And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.
(6) And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart:
(7) And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.
(8) And thou shalt bind them for a sign upon thine hand, and they shall be as frontlets between thine eyes.
(9) And thou shalt write them upon the posts of thy house, and on thy gates.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
https://www.amazon.com/Pair-High-Quality-Tefillin-Phylacteries/dp/B000MFHZ2Y

Just $200 USD on Amazon.

Matthew 23:4-5 KJV
(4) For they bind heavy burdens and grievous to be borne, and lay them on men's shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers.
(5) But all their works they do for to be seen of men: they make broad their phylacteries, and enlarge the borders of their garments,

But do you need expensive phylacteries? It seems that the intent (fulfillment) of that law is to bind "Love thy God" into your heart rather than for others to see outwardly. But if you still want a physical object to help remind you of that commitment, would the cheaper $200 ones also work as well?

Deuteronomy 6:4-9 KJV
(4) Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:
(5) And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.
(6) And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart:
(7) And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.
(8) And thou shalt bind them for a sign upon thine hand, and they shall be as frontlets between thine eyes.
(9) And thou shalt write them upon the posts of thy house, and on thy gates.

They would if I had that much money. I also need a new tallit katan.

Rosenritter

They are the same thing. Paul knew the Law better than you EVER will and he says you can have obedience to the Law, or freedom in Christ. But you can't have both. Pick one or the other but it's either one or the other.

Why do you not believe Paul?

Did Paul write Romans chapter 14?

Romans 14:1-23 KJV
(1) Him that is weak in the faith receive ye, but not to doubtful disputations.
(2) For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak, eateth herbs.
(3) Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth: for God hath received him.
(4) Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.
(5) One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.
(6) He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.

(7) For none of us liveth to himself, and no man dieth to himself.
(8) For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's.
(9) For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be Lord both of the dead and living.
(10) But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.
(11) For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.
(12) So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.

(13) Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in his brother's way.
(14) I know, and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus, that there is nothing unclean of itself: but to him that esteemeth any thing to be unclean, to him it is unclean.
(15) But if thy brother be grieved with thy meat, now walkest thou not charitably. Destroy not him with thy meat, for whom Christ died.
(16) Let not then your good be evil spoken of:

(17) For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.
(18) For he that in these things serveth Christ is acceptable to God, and approved of men.
(19) Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another.
(20) For meat destroy not the work of God. All things indeed are pure; but it is evil for that man who eateth with offence.
(21) It is good neither to eat flesh, nor to drink wine, nor any thing whereby thy brother stumbleth, or is offended, or is made weak.

(22) Hast thou faith? have it to thyself before God. Happy is he that condemneth not himself in that thing which he alloweth.
(23) And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

Rosenritter

I do believe Paul. He taught at least one commandment from the Law. That is enough to say that the Law has not been abolished. Do you believe that he taught from the Law but not for himself just to convict people of sin but not for instruction to observe?

Paul did specifically state that the law was abolished. That does not mean that the former law cannot be used for teaching, for illustration, for instruction. Where are you reading? And does Paul say "This is the law, observe it because it is the law" or does he say something else?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Paul did specifically state that the law was abolished. That does not mean that the former law cannot be used for teaching, for illustration, for instruction. Where are you reading? And does Paul say "This is the law, observe it because it is the law" or does he say something else?

Example. James 2:8 KJV - 8 If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well:

Rosenritter

Example. James 2:8 KJV - 8 If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well:

Leviticus 19:17-18 KJV
(17) Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him.
(18) Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD.

Matthew 5:44-45 KJV
(44) But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
(45) That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

Romans 13:9 KJV
(9) For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Galatians 5:13-14 KJV
(13) For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another.
(14) For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

James 2:8 KJV
(8) If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well:

John 13:34-35 KJV
(34) A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
(35) By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

1 John 2:7-10 KJV
(7) Brethren, I write no new commandment unto you, but an old commandment which ye had from the beginning. The old commandment is the word which ye have heard from the beginning.
(8) Again, a new commandment I write unto you, which thing is true in him and in you: because the darkness is past, and the true light now shineth.
(9) He that saith he is in the light, and hateth his brother, is in darkness even until now.
(10) He that loveth his brother abideth in the light, and there is none occasion of stumbling in him.

2 John 1:5-6 KJV
(5) And now I beseech thee, lady, not as though I wrote a new commandment unto thee, but that which we had from the beginning, that we love one another.
(6) And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.

I would say that although that commandment was the solid intent of both the old covenant (Leviticus 19) it was also the commandment of our Christ for our new covenant. As John tells us, it was an old commandment but it is also a new commandment. The former law may be abolished but this commandment was made new, and if understood and truly believed it renders the Old Covenant obsolete.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Leviticus 19:17-18 KJV
(17) Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him.
(18) Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD.

Matthew 5:44-45 KJV
(44) But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
(45) That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

Romans 13:9 KJV
(9) For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Galatians 5:13-14 KJV
(13) For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another.
(14) For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

James 2:8 KJV
(8) If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well:

John 13:34-35 KJV
(34) A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
(35) By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

1 John 2:7-10 KJV
(7) Brethren, I write no new commandment unto you, but an old commandment which ye had from the beginning. The old commandment is the word which ye have heard from the beginning.
(8) Again, a new commandment I write unto you, which thing is true in him and in you: because the darkness is past, and the true light now shineth.
(9) He that saith he is in the light, and hateth his brother, is in darkness even until now.
(10) He that loveth his brother abideth in the light, and there is none occasion of stumbling in him.

2 John 1:5-6 KJV
(5) And now I beseech thee, lady, not as though I wrote a new commandment unto thee, but that which we had from the beginning, that we love one another.
(6) And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.

I would say that although that commandment was the solid intent of both the old covenant (Leviticus 19) it was also the commandment of our Christ for our new covenant. As John tells us, it was an old commandment but it is also a new commandment. The former law may be abolished but this commandment was made new, and if understood and truly believed it renders the Old Covenant obsolete.

Unless it had to do with his teaching ministry or his teaching his disciples.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You are just another person that cannot understand anything.

I never said that there are two Jesus'.

You are illogical and ignorant.

I am asking about if you recognize that there cannot be a different Jesus in our preaching. Either there was a Jesus that taught the Law according to the flesh (some people believe that the Law pertains to the things of the flesh) or people see Jesus through the lens of the flesh or neither (I believe there is a different interpretation to the verse that you quoted). Meaning, Jesus taught the Law, yes. And many recognize Him according to the flesh not understanding correctly what we are to understand of and from Him. This does not pertain to a different false Jesus.

john w

Hall of Fame
For I see you are poisoned by bitterness and bound by wickedness.

Translation: Copy'npaste from "Dr. Phil," "Oprah." Thanks for the compliment, coming from a perverter of the gospel of Christ, and thanks for the cliche psycho babble. That is your best GOOG searched response?

And I see that you are another self righteous rejector of the gospel of Christ, not perceiving the standard, which the LORD God requires, to be in His presence, which is the righteousness of God, as defined by the Lord Jesus Christ, as you are a dirty rat, but think, "Well, I am a rat, but I am not as dirty as my fellow rats, as I display more 'fruits' than they do, and am 'cleaner' than my fellow rats, so I must be saved."

Get saved, rat.

Rosenritter

I am asking about if you recognize that there cannot be a different Jesus in our preaching. Either there was a Jesus that taught the Law according to the flesh (some people believe that the Law pertains to the things of the flesh) or people see Jesus through the lens of the flesh or neither (I believe there is a different interpretation to the verse that you quoted). Meaning, Jesus taught the Law, yes. And many recognize Him according to the flesh not understanding correctly what we are to understand of and from Him. This does not pertain to a different false Jesus.

Luke 6:27-29 KJV
(27) But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you,
(28) Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you.
(29) And unto him that smiteth thee on the one cheek offer also the other; and him that taketh away thy cloke forbid not to take thy coat also.

Is that the literal teaching the Law of Moses? That seems like a new teaching, that defining "enemy" as "neighbor."