NRA feeling optimistic

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
People "are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness." Not "and property." It means we can defend our life, our liberty and our pursuit of happiness, even with justified deadly force. It does not mean that we can shoot someone because they stole or vandalized something we own. And it also means that these rights are "endowed," "unalienable" rights, not "Constitutional" rights. If the Constitution were to disappear, the right to defend oneself with firearms doesn't disappear with it.
But you being a butt-head liberal don't understand the difference.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
BTW, what do you tell the officers manning the metal detectors at government buildings when they say that you can't carry your firearm into the building?

The same thing you tell officers of the law that protect a woman to go into an abortion mill to murder their baby. You bleeding imbecile.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
People "are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness." Not "and property."

Can a man not do with his property whatever he wants? Think hard. Check google if you need to look it up.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
People "are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness." Not "and property."

Actually the phrase "the pursuit of happiness" was changed from it's original language, "the pursuit of property".

Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Property

As we quickly approach Independence Day here in the US, we thought it’d be interesting to reflect on the origins of the words “life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.” This ever-so-elegant phrase found in the Declaration of Independence encapsulates the American ideal that you will be free to pursue your bliss without the obstruction of the government. The government might not provide you with happiness, but it won’t impede your pursuit either (we won’t delve into whether the US government has fulfilled on this ideal).

But like most famous statements, there’s a backstory. Thomas Jefferson, the principle author of the Declaration of Independence was a man with many influences, one of which was the titanic 17th Century philosopher John Locke. In his “Two Treatises of Government,” Locke wrote that government existed for the sake of protecting “property”, which he defined as a person’s “life, liberty, and estate.” The phrasing similarities are uncanny, yet Jefferson chose happiness versus estate."
http://lifeedited.com/life-liberty-and-the-pursuit-of-property/

It means we can defend our life, our liberty and our pursuit of happiness, even with justified deadly force. It does not mean that we can shoot someone because they stole or vandalized something we own.

Care to discuss cases where homeowners justifiably shot an intruder on their private property and didn't face criminal charges?

And it also means that these rights are "endowed," "unalienable" rights, not "Constitutional" rights. If the Constitution were to disappear, the right to defend oneself with firearms doesn't disappear with it.

The Declaration of Independence is considered the "charter" to the Constitution.

A country cannot declare the Constitution invalid yet still embrace the Declaration, and vice versa.

Regarding unalienable rights:

http://www.gemworld.com/USA-Unalienable.htm

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Can a man not do with his property whatever he wants? Think hard. Check google if you need to look it up.

You mean like opening a brothel next to an elementary school?

How about opening a night club in a residential neighborhood?

Your pilgrim hat is screwed on too tight Nicky...

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

The Lord Jesus Christ said, while teaching an imbecile like you a lesson;

15 Is it not lawful for me to do what I wish with my own things? Or is your eye evil because I am good?’

You didn't know that zoning laws are immoral, did you....

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER

How about opening a night club in a residential neighborhood?

Your pilgrim hat is screwed on too tight Nicky...

The Lord Jesus Christ said, while teaching an imbecile like you a lesson;

15 Is it not lawful for me to do what I wish with my own things? Or is your eye evil because I am good?’

You didn't know that zoning laws are immoral, did you....

How about a gun range in your backyard, which in this scenario, borders with a school?

Last edited:

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior
How about a gun range in your backyard, which in this scenario, borders with a school?

What about it? I know you disagree with the Lord Jesus Christ. Feel free to show yourself out of this "debate".

You're known for taking Holy Scripture out of context, as you did in this case, but do you really think that God wants to put innocent lives in jeopardy because an irresponsible person misconstrues his property rights?

BTW, it's people like you that give us responsible gun owners a bad rep because of your loony ideas.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally Posted by Nick M
Can a man not do with his property whatever he wants?

God gave man the free will to do with his body and his private property as he wishes, but does God approve of all the decisions that man makes?

Let's pretend for a moment that your children were attending the school on the other side of the fence where Nick has dozens of people shooting on his open gun range daily. Should the school close down because in Nick's mind he has some kind of 'right' do with his property as he so desires, or should there be laws that protect innocent people and other property owners against people who misuse their God-given property rights?

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
God gave man the free will to do with his body and his private property as he wishes, but does God approve of all the decisions that man makes?
No one is talking about that.
Let's pretend for a moment that your children were attending the school on the other side of the fence where Nick has dozens of people shooting on his open gun range daily.
Where would you put the odds of another Columbine or Bowling for Newtown occurring. My odds for that particular possibility would be at near-zero, short of some sort of coordinated conspiracy.
Should the school close down because in Nick's mind he has some kind of 'right' do with his property as he so desires, or should there be laws that protect innocent people and other property owners against people who misuse their God-given property rights?
Supra. Not only should the school not close, but for the foreseeable future, every new school should be built as close as possible to Nick's gun range.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
No one is talking about that.

Your buddy Nick M. was taking Holy Scripture out of context, so I was setting him straight.

Let's pretend for a moment that your children were attending the school on the other side of the fence where Nick has dozens of people shooting on his open gun range daily.

Where would you put the odds of another Columbine or Bowling for Newtown occurring. My odds for that particular possibility would be at near-zero, short of some sort of coordinated conspiracy.

There's a huge difference between designating certain teachers in a school to be armed (unfortunately our society has come to that point) and having a gun range facing a school. Obviously you're not aware that stray bullets very well could kill innocent children and others who are on school grounds.

Should the school close down because in Nick's mind he has some kind of 'right' do with his property as he so desires, or should there be laws that protect innocent people and other property owners against people who misuse their God-given property rights?

Supra. Not only should the school not close, but for the foreseeable future, every new school should be built as close as possible to Nick's gun range.

LOL...that's why I don't identify with the gun movement in general...way too many nutcases.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Where would you put the odds of another Columbine or Bowling for Newtown occurring[ if a gun range faced a school]. My odds for that particular possibility would be at near-zero, short of some sort of coordinated conspiracy.

People like Nihilo and Nick M. are law enforcement's worst nightmare. They're the kind that go running into an active shooter scene with guns drawn making things even more confusing and chaotic for the first responders that arrive. Their lack of common sense makes them not only a danger to themselves, but a danger to society in general.