Not Christians!

Zeke

For the Christian, we reap what we sow for the next life, because this life you don't always get what you deserve.

Yes we do, were responsible for excepting our rejecting thoughts/spirits that will manifest in our life as a feeling that creates its counter balance like all dualistic programming it will produce an opposite contrast.

God's Truth

Yes we do, were responsible for excepting our rejecting thoughts/spirits that will manifest in our life as a feeling that creates its counter balance like all dualistic programming it will produce an opposite contrast.

No, people do not always get what they deserve in this life. There are children born with disabilities, there are people who have accidents, etc.

Derf

:chuckle: Kudos on the Keith Green reference. Two of his songs are really amazing. Although I learned that one of them, 'Easter Song' I believe is the title, is actually a cover, and that somebody else wrote it. 'Still amazing. It gives me shivers and brings tears to my eyes sometimes.
Annie Herring of 2nd Chapter of Acts wrote it according to wiki.

I liked Green's performance of it. And David Meece did a decent job on it, too.

Green had plenty of other great ones.

But I didn't get the reference from him, at least not that I remember. It was one of those tidbits that popped up numerous times. It might be more appropriately translated "follower of Christ". Either way, it seems we need to be like Christ to be called a Christian, at least in some degree, and hopefully getting more so as we go along.

More tomorrow, perhaps...

Derf.

Last edited:

Zeke

No, people do not always get what they deserve in this life. There are children born with disabilities, there are people who have accidents, etc.

I've been in the children section in hospitals so I'm well aware of the emotionalism that triggers within the human reasoning that's programmed to fear death, the perfect love that knows no fear uses them to teach the unreliability of judging by how things appear to be, you think there tragic events that have no rational cause by your estimation yet they do in the gamut of thoughts manifesting on this dualistic stage, were all light manifesting as actors acting out all those contrast, But everything exposed by the light becomes visible--and everything that is illuminated becomes a light. But everything exposed by the light becomes visible.

In all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ in you playing all parts from the wicked to the hero.

But your not ready to take off those mask to see who is behind those appearances you reflect.

God's Truth

I've been in the children section in hospitals so I'm well aware of the emotionalism that triggers within the human reasoning that's programmed to fear death, the perfect love that knows no fear uses them to teach the unreliability of judging by how things appear to be, you think there tragic events that have no rational cause by your estimation yet they do in the gamut of thoughts manifesting on this dualistic stage, were all light manifesting as actors acting out all those contrast, But everything exposed by the light becomes visible--and everything that is illuminated becomes a light. But everything exposed by the light becomes visible.

In all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ in you playing all parts from the wicked to the hero.

But your not ready to take off those mask to see who is behind those appearances you reflect.

You are speaking new age mixed beliefs with truth.

God says not to do that.

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
Annie Herring of 2nd Chapter of Acts wrote it according to wiki.

I liked Green's performance of it.
It is marvelous.
And David Meece did a decent job on it, too.
I'll have to check that out.
Green had plenty of other great ones.
Eh, I wish he did. But I really only like maybe three of his songs a real lot. But those songs are really, really good. To me.
...it seems we need to be like Christ to be called a Christian, at least in some degree, and hopefully getting more so as we go along.
That's certainly what the Catholic Church teaches. She bases her moral instructions upon the Ten, and upon the Beatitudes/Sermon on the Mount. I think it's a pretty good focus.

Derf

It is marvelous.
I'll have to check that out.
Eh, I wish he did. But I really only like maybe three of his songs a real lot. But those songs are really, really good. To me.
Are you kidding? That's why God took him early, so there would be some good songs left for other people to write. :)

That's certainly what the Catholic Church teaches. She bases her moral instructions upon the Ten, and upon the Beatitudes/Sermon on the Mount. I think it's a pretty good focus.
But so do most other churches. And they seem to do the communion appropriately, too, while many Catholic churches withhold the wine.

Idolater

Are you kidding? That's why God took him early, so there would be some good songs left for other people to write. :)
:chuckle: Right on.
But so do most other churches.
Yup. There are lots of things that most Christian ecclesial community traditions believe and practice, and which find their origin in the Catholic Church.
And they seem to do the communion appropriately, too, while many Catholic churches withhold the wine.
I've only seen that in times of flu or other communicable diseases, that wine is not offered, and it's for obvious matters of health and hygiene. Have you seen it where wine is systematically withheld arbritrarily?

Derf

:chuckle: Right on.
Yup. There are lots of things that most Christian ecclesial community traditions believe and practice, and which find their origin in the Catholic Church.
I've only seen that in times of flu or other communicable diseases, that wine is not offered, and it's for obvious matters of health and hygiene. Have you seen it where wine is systematically withheld arbritrarily?

I don't attend a Catholic church, but a coworker did for awhile, before his wife died (she was Catholic). He said only the priests partook of the wine. I've heard of it in other places, too. And it isn't "arbitrary", but a matter of policy of some sort.

(I don't think you can do it both systematically and arbitrarily, as these are opposing ideas:
ar·bi·trar·i·ly /ˌärbəˈtrerəlē/ adverb
1. on the basis of random choice or personal whim, rather than any reason or system.)

_000_

BANNED
Banned
Matthew 22:14
For many are called, but few are chosen.

The children of God are called
and are the few that are chosen
by God.

The children of the devil are called
but are rejected by God.

True or false?

Idolater

I don't attend a Catholic church, but a coworker did for awhile, before his wife died (she was Catholic). He said only the priests partook of the wine. I've heard of it in other places, too.
I've only ever heard of or seen that when it's flu season.
And it isn't "arbitrary", but a matter of policy of some sort.

(I don't think you can do it both systematically and arbitrarily, as these are opposing ideas:
ar·bi·trar·i·ly /ˌärbəˈtrerəlē/ adverb
1. on the basis of random choice or personal whim, rather than any reason or system.)
'Arbitrary' would be how the decision to withhold wine would be made, and 'systematically' would be making it a formal policy, is what I was trying to get at.

_000_

BANNED
Banned
Luke 14:33
So likewise,
whosoever he be of you that forsaketh not all that he hath,
he cannot be my disciple.

The children of God will forsake
all they have in the world.

The children of the devil will not forsake

True or false?

Idolater

Luke 14:33
So likewise,
whosoever he be of you that forsaketh not all that he hath,

The children of God will forsake

The children of the devil will not forsake

True or false?
1st Timothy 5:8 KJV "if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel." Is our family 'in the world?' Is how we "provide" for our family 'in the world?' What do you think, wrt Luke 14:33 KJV?

_000_

BANNED
Banned
1st Timothy 5:8 KJV "if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel." Is our family 'in the world?' Is how we "provide" for our family 'in the world?' What do you think, wrt Luke 14:33 KJV?

If you believed and obeyed this commandment of the Lord Jesus Christ
you would not have to ask this question trying to justify yourself
for disobeying it.

Luke
Chapter 14
Verse 26

If any man come to me,
and hate not his father,
and mother,
and wife,
and children,
and brethren,
and sisters,
yea, and his own life also,

1st Timothy 5:8
is not a commandment of Jesus Christ.

Idolater

If you believed and obeyed this commandment of the Lord Jesus Christ
you would not have to ask this question trying to justify yourself
for disobeying it.

Luke
Chapter 14
Verse 26

If any man come to me,
and hate not his father,
and mother,
and wife,
and children,
and brethren,
and sisters,
yea, and his own life also,

1st Timothy 5:8
is not a commandment of Jesus Christ.
1st Timothy 5:8 KJV was written by an Apostle. It Is therefore a commandment of Jesus Christ.

Idolater

No it is not.
Yeah-huh. If you have a problem with Christ's Apostles, then you've got a problem with Christ. 1st John 4:6 KJV "Hereby know we the spirit of truth." The Spirit of truth was promised, and delivered to the Apostles (Jn16:13KJV). To know the truth, we must listen to the Apostles.

_000_

BANNED
Banned
Yeah-huh. If you have a problem with Christ's Apostles, then you've got a problem with Christ. 1st John 4:6 KJV "Hereby know we the spirit of truth." The Spirit of truth was promised, and delivered to the Apostles (Jn16:13KJV). To know the truth, we must listen to the Apostles.

John
Chapter 16:13

Howbeit when he
the Spirit of truth
is come
he will guide you into all truth
for he shall not speak of himself
but whatsoever he shall hear
that shall he speak
and he will show you things to come.

1 John
Chapter 2:27

But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you
and ye need not that any man teach you
but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things
and is truth
and is no lie
and even as it hath taught you
ye shall abide in him.

If you have
the indwelling of the Holy Ghost(as it is written in your bible)
then why do you have to
study or listen to anyone other that the Spirit of truth?

Maybe who ever wrote Timothy was unaware of this truth?

Idolater

John
Chapter 16:13

Howbeit when he
the Spirit of truth
is come
he will guide you into all truth
for he shall not speak of himself
but whatsoever he shall hear
that shall he speak
and he will show you things to come.
Right. The Spirit of truth, promised to the Apostles.
1 John
Chapter 2:27

But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you
and ye need not that any man teach you
but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things
and is truth
and is no lie
and even as it hath taught you
ye shall abide in him.

If you have
the indwelling of the Holy Ghost(as it is written in your bible)
then why do you have to
study or listen to anyone other that the Spirit of truth?
You're right. I can just throw away my Bible, because, after all, I have the indwelling of the Holy Ghost, and I can just listen to the Spirit of truth.
Maybe who ever wrote Timothy was unaware of this truth?
Maybe the verse 'doesn't' mean to throw away our Bibles, but then, why would it mean, 'throw away your bishops?' It either means both those things, or neither, but it can't mean one and not the other.