Non-Subscribers

Status
Not open for further replies.

SOTK

Zakath said:
I was originally invited to post here by some long-departed poster. If you honestly find my presence so offensive, convince Knight to cancel my User ID.

:rolleyes:

Failing that; learn to live with disappointment. ;)

I never said that I don't want you or any other weirdo atheist here. ;)

Whether you agree philosophically with the people who own and operate this site should have no bearing, in my mind, on whether you contribute financially or not. If that's the reason why you don't, you are selfish pure and simple.

dRock

fearless leader said:
I would expect that if subscriptions are mandatory, there would be very few posters here. Most people who end up as subscribers start off using the system free of charge, but when they determine that they like it here and are going to post regularly, they subscribe.
That's how I started out. I just haven't been able to use the system without subscribing since. It just seems like the right thing to do.

Zakath

Resident Atheist
SOTK said:
I never said that I don't want you or any other weirdo atheist here. ;)

Whether you agree philosophically with the people who own and operate this site should have no bearing, in my mind, on whether you contribute financially or not. If that's the reason why you don't, you are selfish pure and simple.
I am of the opinion that your thinking is incorrect...

If NARAL or some other group you found theologically objectionable hosted a web forum and you posted to that forum to represent a minority, opposing view, would you feel the necessity to provide financial support to those you opposed?

:think:

If you really want to know why I don't subscribe, PM me and I'll tell you. :geek:

Last edited:

Gerald

Resident Fiend
drock said:
No man, soilent green went out of fashion years ago...now we use whale.
:: massive spit take ::

Ow. Coca-Cola through the nose.

:: heads off to clean up ::

:chuckle:

SOTK

beanieboy said:
Sell it to me.

Tell me what TOL has to offer.
As it is, I come here for people like Balder, Zack, ww, and other nonsubscribers that have cool insight. Were it not for them, were they all unable to post due to the mandatory charge, I would have no reason to log on.

So, sell me TOL. What's so great about it?

You tell me. You post here often enough. And I don't buy the Balder, Zack, WW stuff. The fact of the matter is that you like to argue and believe you have valid points to make. That's the case with all of us. In other words, you come to participate at TOL for the very reason TOL was created.

It's not asking much to help send a few bucks to the owner and operator of said site which you participate at. After all, TOL relies upon it's members to pay the bills to keep TOL operating. It's as simple as that.

Those of you (who can afford it) who do not help to keep TOL active are selfish.

Zakath

Resident Atheist
BillyBob said:
...It is common in business to offer free samples.
Have you ever watched a show called "Stargate SG-1"?

If so, think of my status as hanging around that "coffee shop" run by the ancients... I am merely taking my time deciding about ascension.

;)

dRock

SOTK said:
Those of you (who can afford it) who do not help to keep TOL active are selfish.
and those that can't can at least try to get a gift subscription.......

Zakath

Resident Atheist
SOTK said:
You tell me. You post here often enough. And I don't buy the Balder, Zack, WW stuff. The fact of the matter is that you like to argue and believe you have valid points to make. That's the case with all of us. In other words, you come to participate at TOL for the very reason TOL was created.
Hey, don't get huffy just because he didn't mention you... ;)
Not necessarily... I still haven't received a PM... : :devil:

SOTK

Zakath said:
I am of the opinion that your thinking is incorrect...

If NARAL or some other group you found theologically objectionable hosted a web forum and you posted to that forum to represent a minority, opposing view, would you feel the necessity to provide financial support to those you opposed?

:think:

If you really want to know why I don't subscribe, PM me and I'll tell you. :geek:

Okay, I PMed ya.

beanieboy

SOTK said:

It's not asking much to help send a few bucks to the owner and operator of said site which you participate at. After all, TOL relies upon it's members to pay the bills to keep TOL operating. It's as simple as that.

It's not much to ask?

" :vomit: You make me puke, faggot! Say, can you pitch in a few bucks"?

Why not just make it a requirement?
If you are going to give people a choice: A)Pay B)Don't Pay - you can't get mad when they choose Don't Pay.

What is it that "make subscription to the site necessary for access" that you oppose?

I think that you realize that if you do that, you have to sucker atheists to give you money so that you can scream at them, and tell them that they are going to hell. Not a good sell.

You have to convince non-christians to pay for a site that has a double standard that favors christians. Not a good sell.

You have to convince non-chrisitans that it is ok for them to be constantly insulted, or called some foul names by really angry people, and do nothing but turn the other cheek, which is a price to pay in itself - and then pay the service. A bad sell.

You aren't getting money, because the site isn't a good enough product, and maybe, it isn't worth a few bucks to continue in the line that it is going. Many people who have been on this site and paid nothing have left in disgust for the other site (yes, you know the one).

So, if people are leaving when it's free, you're doing something wrong.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
beanieboy said:
If you are going to give people a choice: A)Pay B)Don't Pay - you can't get mad when they choose Don't Pay.

Nobody is mad, just questioning your sense of propriety and decency.

Granite

Hall of Fame
SOTK said:
Granite it at the top of the list of posters who bothers me for not subscribing. Look at the amount of posts that guy has! :down:

It's the regular Christian posters who aren't subscribers which bother me the most though. :nono:

Well excuuuuuuuuuuse me!:chuckle:

Seriously though--my opinions are free, and I spend my time here. I will not spend my moolah, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.